13

School 2014

---Hakyung's POV---

After the doctor was done reviewing me, Sungkyu accompanied my mother to eat downstairs. "Hakyung.." Woohyun suddenly said and I tensed up, waiting for him to continue. "There's already someone I love. She's the first in my life and for the rest of my life, she'll be the only one. Love does not soely belong to one person. No matter how hard you try, if the feeling is not mutual, it'll be fruitless. If it's like that, do you still want to be with me?" I said nothing but stared at him. "I don't want to hurt you by saying such things to you because I wouldn't want to hurt the person Hani cherishes so much. But I have to. I don't want your feelings to get any deeper for me." My cheeks felt damped, but I kept quiet and listened on. "There's only her in my eyes." He said. It hurts. My heart hurts so much, I didn't know what to say.

"Kyung.." Hani stirred slightly and my eyes widened. Woohyun immediately turned to look at her. "Hani?" He said softly, carressing her cheek. "Oppa.. How's Hakyung?" She asked as soon as she opened her eyes. "She's fine.." He paused and I quickly wiped my tears off. "She's just lying there actually.." He pointed towards my direction. She tried to sit up but winced when Woohyun made her lie back down. I could "feel" her pain at the ribs area. It must hurt from the kicks she took for me from Lee Joon. I climbed out of bed and walked to the opposite side where Woohyun was. "Unni, I'm here.." I said. "Gwenchana?" She asked and removed her oxygen mask. "Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked. "I'm fine.. Your condition is worse than mine." I placed the oxygen mask back on her. 'I'm sorry..' I thought as I looked into her eyes. 'It's okay..' She tightened the grasp on my hand and nodded. "I'll go get the doctor." Woohyun said and went out of the room. 

(A week later)

"I'll go get it! Stay in bed!" I warned Hani before running down the stairs to the door. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I bowed when I saw Yoojin and her mother standing at the door. "Hakyung ah, I'm sorry I didn't realised that she placed it in her bag the other day she was here." Her mother said and returned me my teddy bear. "Its.. It's with you.." I muttered. She didn't throw it away. Umma didn't.. "We're really very sorry about it." They both bowed which I returned. "I heard that you and your sister were hospitalised. Hope you 2 are recovering well." She smiled. "Thank you." I smiled back. "We'll get going then." She said and led Yoojin away. I walked slowly back towards my room. "I've misunderstood her.." I said to myself and looked into her room. She was dozing off while ironing my uniform. She rubbed her eyes and shook herself trying to stay awake. My heart hurt. I said such mean things to her, I've even been so cold to her..

 

---Woohyun's POV---

It have been about a week after the accident happened and Hani's being avoiding me. Her mother always claimed that she's not home, though she should be recovering at home. She haven't been returning my calls or replying my messages and it's driving me crazy. "HYUNG!" Sungjong shook me roughly. "What?!" I snapped. "You are zoning out again! Sungkyu hyung asked is the twins are okay for 3 times! 3 TIMES!" He rolled his eyes. "I don't know.." I muttered. "What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you Hani's boyfriend?" Hoya raised his brows. "She'e been avoiding me. Not letting me see her, not answering my calls, not reply to my messages." I messed up my hair in frustration. "Have you tried talking to Hakyung then?" Sungkyu asked. "No, I haven't." I replied. Is Hakyung the reason why she's avoiding me?

I ran towards Hani's house straight after school ended. I can't wait anymore, I have to talk to her. I pressed the bell and waited impatiently outside the door. "Who is it?" I heard her shouted. I missed her voice, I realised. Actually, I missed everything about her. She gasped when she saw me at the door. "Hani.." I sighed. "Can I come in?" I asked. She nodded meekly and stood back to let me in. I walked into the living room and took a seat at the couch and watched as she closed the door and walked towards the living room, sitting at the furthest seat she could find. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked finally. "Nothing's wrong." She replied, looking down at her toes. "Then why are you avoiding me?" I frowned. "I.. don't love you anymore.." She said softly. "Look at me and tell me that." I clenched my fists into a tight ball. "I.." She looked me in the eyes. "I can't love you." Her eyes were brimmed with tears and she looked like she was fighting back the urge to cry. "Why can't you love me?" I asked, with obvious desperation in my voice. "I just can't.." She shook her head. "Is it because of Hakyung?" I asked and she froze. Bingo. Its because of her.

I took the seat next to hers and she made no attempt to shift away. "Liking someone isn't a choice. It comes from your heart." I took her hands with mine. "Do I mean so little to you?" I asked and she shook her head furiously, tightening her grip on my hands. "You can't just push me away to your sister just because she likes me. You can't just give me up to her as if I'm a toy." I whispered. "You're not." She sniffed. "Then don't push me away." I said, pulling her into my arms. "Don't push me away because I can't be without you. I don't know when it started, but I don't want to be without you. It hurts." I hugged her tightly and felt her arms circling around my waist. "I'm sorry for hurting you, oppa." She whispered. "I'll have to punish you then." I said, placing my hands on her shoulder and pushed her away so that I can look at her face. "You can never ever leave me. This is your punishment." I grinned and wiped the tears off her face. "I won't." She replied before snuggling back into my arms. 

 

---Hakyung's POV---

"0..9..0..6.." I pressed the code on the door and it beeped. "Luckily appa haven't changed it." I beamed and entered the house. "It's a surprise.. I have to hide my shoes!" I kept my shoes behind a blind spot. I came back to my father's place because it's his birthday and I have saved enough money and got him a present. "Where should I hide?" I said as I entered the house. I frowned when all the photos of my father and I were all replaced by the photos of him and his new wife. "I should be mor eunderstanding, they are newly weds.." I muttered. "My room!" I ran into my room and gasped when I realised it became a walk-in wardrobe for his new wife. He seemed to have removed everything that belongs to me in this house.. I sighed but when I heard someone pressing the pin number on the door, I closed the door slowly and left a small gap for me to peep through before pressing my ear against the door. 

"Yoboseyo?" I heard Appa said. The new wife walked into the house from behind me and placed their bags onto the couch before sitting down. I saw appa mouthing a "ex-wife" to the new wife before returning back to the call. "What do you mean visit them?" He frowned. "So what if they got into an accident? I don't give a damn." He spat into the phone. 'He didn't care about us, he didn't care about me.' I covered my mouth to stop me from crying out loud. "Whatever it is. Don't call ever again." I heard him threw the phone back onto the couch. "She asked you to visit her?" The wife asked. "No, she told me to visit the children." He replied as he removed his tie. "You should, shouldn't you? They got into an accident." His wife said as she went into the kitchen to get a cup of water. "Why should I?" He scoffed and reached for the cup. "The accident was partly because of you, wasn't it?" The wife said. "They are a burden to me. People used them to get money out of me. Thats why I don't want anything to do with them anymore." He said and leaned back onto the couch. "They are your children after all." She said but he ignored her.

'He thought of us as a burden.' I sighed and slide down onto the floor, keeping my knees close to me, wrapping my arms around it. I fell back when the door was opened suddenly. I heard the woman gasp. I bowed before running out of the door, quickly took my shoes and put it on before running out of the house. I wiped the tears off my face as I ran. He have always wanted to get rid of us. We're just a burden to him. I never stopped running until I ran into someone. "I'm sorry." I bowed without looking up and tried to get past the person but he held onto my shoulder. "Hakyung?" The person said and I looked up to see Sungkyu looking down worriedly at me. "Just for a moment.. Please.." I muttered before wrapping my arms around his waist, burying my face into his chest and I cried out loud. He just let me cry into his chest as if it's the most normal thing to do, not even asking me anything. 

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

I gasped when someone ran into me. "I'm sorry." She bowed without looking up and tried to get past me when I realized who she was. Her face was filled with tears, her eyes were red and puffy. I stopped her by placed my hands on her shoulder, pulling her back to face me. "Hakyung?" I said softly and she looked up. She seemed to feel relieved for a moment. "Just for a moment.. Please.." She muttered before wrapping her arms around my waist, burying her face into my chest. I slowly wrapped my arms around her shoulder as she cried into my chest out loud. I didn't say anything but let her cry as much as she wants, because I guess, that's what she needed most right now. 

"Vanilla or strawberry?" I held out 2 ice cream in front of her. "Strawberry." She tried to reach out for the icecream but I pulled away. "Smile first." I said and she pouted. "Not pout! Smile! You know? Smile!" I smiled as widely as I could and she giggled. "That's better." I smiled and handed her the icecream. "Thank you." She said. "No problem." I replied as I starte devouring my vanilla icecream. "Aren't you going to ask me what happen?" She asked after a while. "I won't bother asking. Because if there's something you want me to know, you'll tell me, am I right?" I turned to look at her. She nodded slowly as she watched the sun started to set. 

 

 


Sorry everyone for the lack of updates.
I know I'm a bad author. But I do hope you'll continue to support me.
I'll try to update as soon as possible. (:

Inspiritsoul