06

School 2014

---Hyemi's POV---

"Hani, do you wanna have lunch with me?" I asked her. "It's okay, I know you like eating alone. I'll find someone else." She smiled and I nodded and we went seprated ways. Hani and Jiyoung had a fight, though I'm not sure what happened but Jiyoung started joining the 'princess group' where the girls there will always find trouble with nerds like us or flirt with the Infinite sunbaes. "Hey!" Someone suddenly whispered beside my ear and I jumped. "Ya! You scared me!" I lightly it Myungsoo's arm. "Are you calling me 'ya'?! I'm your sunbae!" He groaned and massaged his arm a little as though I broke his arm. "Mianhae Myungsoo Sunbaenim." I bowed a little. "Why are you here anyway?" I asked. I thought he was going to the library so I came back to the rooftop to enjoy some time alone, but here he was, invading my privacy once again. "I looked around school for you." He beamed as he sat down beside me. "For?" I raised my brow at him. "Your food." He smiled. "Is this for me?" He took the extra container on the floor beside me. "Yea.." I replied and started digging in. "You made an extra one for me?! Komawo!" He ruffled my hair and I blushed a little. "I made an extra one so I won't have to die of hunger when I'm home." I replied. "Mianhae.." He stuck out his tongue and I couldn't help but chuckle at his adorable face. "See you later after school. Thanks for the food anyway. it's delicious!" He smiled and ran off. 

During lessons, I kept thinking about this Myungsoo guy. He told me that he'll see me after school, but we don't have plans to meet, do we? After school ended, I packed my back and bade Hani goodbye before heading out of the school to see Myungsoo standing right at the gate. "Hyemi ah!" He walked towards me and I looked around and realized that many girls were glaring at me. "Let's go." He placed a arm around me neck and pulled me along with him. "Where are we going?" I asked meekly. "You'll find out later." He said and released me from his arm before grabbing my hands. 'He's holding my hands..' I gulped as I looked at our interwined hands. I let him pull me to a place with tall fence. He let my hand go and jumped over the fence. "Sunbae!" I yelped softly, hoping the owner of the house didn't hear me. "Come jump down!" He urged me. I took a step forward and looked down, he was looking up at me. "It's too high up." I said shaking my head. "Don't worry, I'll be here to catch you!" He opened out his arms. Slowly, I climbed over the fence and looked at him. "Do you trust me?" He suddenly said. "Yes." I said without thinking and jumped down. 

I closed my eyes tightly, hoping I'm not already dead. But I could hear the sound of heart beating and I'm sure it wasn't mine because I could feel my own beating very quickly while the heart beat I heard was slow and calm. "Are you hurt anywhere?" Myungsoo asked and I opened my eyes to realized that I was in his arms, in bridal style. So what I was hearing was his heartbeat.. "Yea.." I replied and he let me down. "Thanks." I muttered and he ruffled my hair before pulling me towards the middle of the garden where it was only a patch of grass. We threw our bags at the corner. He removed his blazer and helped me with mine before tossing it aside. "Hold on." He smiled at me before lifting his wrist to look at his watch. "What are we waiting for?" I asked. "3...2...1!" He count down and the sprinklers started spraying water all over the patch of grass and of course all over us. "Myungsoo sunbae!" I laughed and we started playing around. 

We laid side by side on the grass when we were tired. "How do you know about this place?" I asked. "I will always come here when I'm unhappy." He simply replied. "Hyemi ah.. I.." He was about to say something when the gardener appeared above our heads, causing us to jolt up immediately. "We're sorry." The both of us bowed several times. "Don't let me catch you here again! It's trespassing people's property, you know!" He yelled at us as Myungsoo grabbed our blazers and pulled me out of the house. "I.. Have never done this before.. In my entire life.." I panted when we stopped running. "Hyemi.. I like you." He suddenly said and placed his hands on my shoulder, turning me around to face him. "Will you be mine?" He said which caught me off guarded. I didn't say anything but pushed him away before running away. I kept running without turning back and stopped when I reached the front of my house. 

"Hyemi?" I heard Woohyun's umma ask. "Yes, eomonim." I turned to face her, still panting. "Why are you drenched? It wasn't even raining, come on in, I don't want you to catch a cold." She quickly got me into the house and wrapped a warm towel around me before making me a cup of warm chocolate. "Thank you eomonim." I said. "Why were you drenched from head to toe?" She asked. "Umm.. Nothing.. I'll go take a shower." I quickly put down the cup and went into the room and leaned on the door after I closed it behind me. "Will you be mine?" Myungsoo's voice kept replaying in my head and I shook my head, trying to get rid of the voice. Why does he want to be with me? I'm just a nerd in school, I'm neither pretty nor popular. But he have the looks and I'm sure everyone would want to be with him. But why me? Why did he choose me? Was he betting with his friends just like what dramas always show? Is he trying to play with me? "Molla molla!" I messed up my hair in frustration. But the only thing I know is that I've fallen for him, Kim Myungsoo..

 

---Hakyung's  POV---

I pressed the door bell and hoped that the one opening the door won't be my mother. We were not in good terms ever since my parents divorced. I would always ignore her calls and messages. I hated her because she ruined my family. My face fell when the one standing right in front of me was her. "Hakyung ah, come in, it's cold outside." She smiled and tried to pull me in but I swept her hand away from my wrist. "Your room is still the same, I haven't change anything yet. Do let me know if you need anything." She said but I ignored her and pulled my luggage into the room. Everything was still the same, just like she said. I touched the surface of the table where I used to study all the time, it was free from dust, same goes to the books I loved from a few years back. Appa didn't gave me time to pack my stuff before leaving this damn house 3 years ago. Lying on the table was a photo kept nicely in my favourite frame, we were all smiling so happily back then, my happy family that she destroyed. I placed the photo frame into the drawer and sighed. "Time to start unpacking." I said as I tied up my hair into a ponytail. 

"Kyung!" Hani shouted as she ran up the stairs. "Yes?" I replied as I placed my dress onto the hanger. "Can I come in?" She asked. "Sure." I replied and she came in right away. "Welcome back home!" She hugged me, which I gladly returned. "Umma went back to the cafe and I need to go soon. Are you going to come with us?" Hani asked. "Ani. I'm just going to pack my stuff, you kept my stuff well." I smiled. "It wasn't me. Umma was the one cleaning the room everyday. She missed-" She said but was interrupted by me. "Enough, I really don't want to talk about her." I placed the hanger into the wardrobe. "Araso araso, anyway, the food's on the dining table. Heat it up before you eat them, I'm going to the cafe. Bye!" She beamed. "Bye unni!" I yelled as she ran down the stairs. 

After I was done packing, I went down the stairs to the dining room to see all my favourite food lying on the table. "It's no use trying to make it up to me now.." I said as I started heating up the food. "It's too late." I said as I looked at the photo of both my sister and I with our mom. Just by the food, there was a post it note so I took it up and read. "Kyung ah, I've already helped you enrolled into my school, you will be able to start school tomorrow since umma have done all the applications. Don't ask me how I know about you finding a new school, our telepathy tells me. ;) Oh, and I bought new uniform for you and left it on the couch with the new books. -Hani" I read and placed the post it down before walking towards the couch to see new uniforms folded nicely on it with new textbooks. "Don't be so nice to me.." I muttered as I held the books close to my chest. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"Sorry I'm late!" I yelled as I entered the cafe. "Did you tell her about the food?" Umma asked and I gave her a nod before putting on the apron. "Shinwoo oppa! Woohyun oppa!" I greeted them when I went out from the counter. "Late huh?" Shinwoo oppa teased and got back to his work. "Hani ah.. I've something to ask you." Woohyun approached me looking confused as ever. "You wanna ask about the girl from yesterday?" I asked and he nodded. "Well.." I looked around and noticed that there were hardly any customers so I sat down on one of the empty tables and he followed suit. "She's my twin sister." I said and he gasped. "Twin sister? But how?" He stuttered. "Hakyung, that's her name, she's my younger twin sister. We separated when our parents divorced." I said and he muttered a sorry before I shook my head and continued. "I followed umma, while she followed appa. It happened about 3 years back, but we hardly get to contact her since she doesn't really likes umma. And I think appa forbade her to contact me." I frowned. "Then why is she back?" He asked. "She said that appa's going to get married, I guess she doesn't want to interrupt his new marriage so she's moving back in with us. Oh! That reminds me! She's coming to our school from tomorrow onwards!" I beamed. "Hani ah, Woohyun ah, come over here and help me with these cartons." Umma said and we stood up and helped her hurriedly.