05

School 2014

---Woohyun's POV---

"Hwaiting!" I ruffled Hani's hair and she smiled shyly and got into her position while I got into mine. After everyone got into their positions, the replay competition started. People started running and it looked like Hani's class were ahead of the rest. It caught my attention when she began running. And when she noticed that the person next to her was catching up, she ran with all her might and a few steps before she reached Hyemi, she fell and everyone expected her to stand up and continued running, but she knelt on the ground panting. "What happened?!" I looked at her worriedly. Sungkyu was kneeling down beside her and she was clutching her chest, panting very heavily.  "She has asthma! She needs her inhaler!" Jiyoung said and knelt down beside her. "Hani ah, where's your inhaler?" Jiyoung asked. "I.. placed it.. In my.. po..cket." She said breathlessly. "Aish!" Sungkyu lifted her in his arms and ran towards the infirmatory so I followed after them. 

I quickly opened the infirmatory door for them when we reached and Sungkyu quickly put her down on the bed. I explained what happened to Hani briefly to the nurse when Jiyoung came running into the room. She bend down to speak to Hani and I noticed something dropping out from her pocket. I bend down to pick it up and realised that it was an inhaler. "Is this Hani's?" I asked and everyone turned to look at me. "Umm.. I can explain.." Jiyoung started to stutter but I pushed her aside and quickly handed the inhaler to Hani who was already wheezing very loudly. We watched as Hani took the puff and her breathing slowly stabilized before I turned to face Jiyoung. "Why is it in your pocket?" I glared at her. "Umm.. I.. Forgot about it!" She lied. "I can't believe you're doing this to your best friend." Sungkyu shook his head at her and turned to face Hani. "Rest well, I'm going back to class now." He smiled and walked out of the room. "Oppa, let me explain!" Jiyoung went running after him. "Student, why don't you go back to class first?" The nurse asked. "Can't I stay with her?" I asked but she shook her head. "Rest well, I'll come back to see you later. I promise." I pinched her cheek. "Oppa!" She whined. "Araso araso, see you later." I smiled and left the room. 

After all the classes ended, I quickly ran to the infirmatory with Hani's bag and mine. "Nurse! Can I bring her home now?" I panted. "Are you sure I don't have to inform your parents?" The nurse asked Hani. "Aniyo, I don't want to worry my umma." She smiled and bowed slightly before letting me lead her out of the room. "Are you feeling better?" I asked and she nodded. "Hani ah.." Someone stopped infront of us and we realised that she was Hyemi. "These are the notes and homework for today, get well soon and see you tomorrow." She said and smiled to me before running away. "Such a nice friend." Hani smiled. "Of course, not like that Jiyoung." I muttered and noticed that Hani's face fell. "Mianhae." I apologised but she shook her head. "Jiyoung ah.." She suddenly said and I looked up to see Jiyoung standing a few steps away from us. She turned and was about to walk away when Hani grabbed her wrist. "Let go." Jiyoung swung her arm and Hani let go immediately. "Why did you do that?" Hani's voice cracked. "What did I do?" Jiyoung scoffed. "You know what you did." I interrupted but Hani pushed me away slightly, telling me to let them have some time alone. So i walked away but made sure they were within where I could see. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"Why did you do that for?" I asked. My heart hurts alot knowing what she did. We have been friends since young and I really don't understand why she did that. "Just because." She replied coldly. "What did I do? Why are you so cold to me? Shouldn't I be the one angry at you right now?" I asked but she never once looked at me, she kept looking anywhere else but me. "I like Sungkyu but apparently he likes you. That's why I hate you. I'm better in my studies, I'm better looking and have a better figure than you do. So why did he choose you instead of me? I don't want to lose to you." She rolled her eyes. "Whoever he chose is his decision, I can't change his mind, so why are you doing this to me?" Tears started forming in my eyes. "Enough, I don't wish to talk to you anymore. Let's just end our friendship here." She said and stomped off. 

"Hani?" Woohyun walked back towards me. "I'm okay." I gave him a weak smile. "No you're not." He said as he pulled me into his arms. "I'll be here for you." He said and patted my head. "Let's go, your mom's waiting." He grinned and pushed me out of the school. "Are you sure you can work after the attack?" He asked as we entered the cafe. "Shh!" I hushed him by covering his mouth with my hand. "Umma must never know about my attack, okay?" I pleaded him with my eyes and he nodded before I let him go. "Umma! We're here!" I shouted and walked to the back with him following behind me. 

I was wiping one of the tables when the bell on the door rang. "Welcome! Please take a-" I bowed and when I looked up, I saw a person I've never expected to see. I stood there staring at her in silence and she did the same until Woohyun nudged me slightly. "Hani, what's wrong?" He asked and followed where I was looking at. "Welcome! Please take a seat." He gestured her to an empty seat. "It's okay." She smiled at Woohyun. "Can I have a word with you?" She turned to me. "O-okay." I put the cloth down and followed her out of the cafe. 

 

---Sungkyu's  POV---

I was walking back to school because I left my file in my locker when I saw a girl trying to reach for a balloon that's stuck in the tree branches. A little kid was standing beside her looking as though he was going to cry. So i walked over and stretched out to grabbed the string. "Here." I handed the balloon to the kid, who gladly took and ran away. "Umm.. Thanks." The girl said and bowed a little. "No problem." I smiled but when he looked at my face, I stopped smiling and stared at her. If I didn't look close enough, I would have thought that she was Hani. They looked very similar although Hani's a bit more prettier. She gave me a different feeling from what Hani gave me. Hani is the girl whom I will like because of her nice personalilty. But this girl, she gave me the feeling of wanting to protect her with my life. That's when I realise, to Hani, it's not love, it's just a crush.  "I'm Thungkyu!" I suddenly said. "Hello Thungkyu-ssi, I'm Hakyung, Oh Hakyung." She bowed a little. "Umm.. It's actually Sungkyu. I have a little lisp." I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. "You looked a lot like someone I know." I said. "Are you trying to flirt with me?" She laughed. "No no no, I'm telling the truth!" I told her seriously. "Araso araso. Can you tell me how to go to this cafe?" She showed the the address of Hani's cafe. What a coincidence. "Sure, it's near my school anyway, I have to head back to school to grab some stuff." I said and started leading her towards the cafe. "Thanks for bringing me here, Sungkyu-ssi." She bowed and I did the same before walking away. "How can I even fall in love at first sight." I shook my head and turned back to take a look at her. 

 

---Hakyung's  POV---

"Aish! Why do they have to shift?" I grumbled as I looked around for the cafe. Just then a kid bumped into me and his grip around his string loosen, causing his balloon to float up but it was stuck in between the tree branches. "Mianhae.." I apologised and tried to reach for the balloon but it was too high up. Just then, I felt a body leaning close to my back and a hand stretched out from behind me and grabbed the string. "Here." He handed the balloon to the kid, who gladly took and ran away. "Umm.. Thanks." I said and bowed a little. "No problem." He smiled and his eyes turned into slits but when he looked at my face, he stopped smiling and stared at me as though I was an alien. "I'm Thungkyu!" He suddenly said. "Hello Thungkyu-ssi, I'm Hakyung, Oh Hakyung." I bowed a little and tried not to laugh at his weird name. "Umm.. It's actually Sungkyu. I have a little lisp." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "You looked a lot like someone I know." He said. "Are you trying to flirt with me?" I laughed. "No no no, I'm telling the truth!" He facial expression turned serious. "Araso araso. Can you tell me how to go to this cafe?" I asked as I showed him the address. "Sure, it's near my school anyway, I have to head back to school to grab some stuff." He said and started leading me towards the cafe. 

"Thanks for bringing me here, Sungkyu-ssi." I bowed and he did the same before walking away. I took a deep breath before going opening the door of the cafe. "Welcome! Please take a-" Hani bowed and looked up. I stood there staring at her in silence and she did the same until a guy nudged her slightly. "Hani, what's wrong?" He asked and turned to look at me. "Welcome! Please take a seat." He gestured me to an empty seat. "It's okay." I smiled at Woohyun. "Can I have a word with you?" I turned to her. "O-okay." She put the cloth down and followed me out of the cafe. 

"Hakyung, how have you been?" Hani asked me with a worried look on her face. "I'm good, how about you?" I asked. "Same here." She smiled genuinely. "Unni, actually I came here to ask if I can move back home." I said while looking down at my feet. "Sure." She grinned. "We'll be most happy to have you back at home, twin." She grabbed my hands and gave a small squeeze. Yes, the person right in front of me now is my elder twin sister. We were fraternal twins, so we are not really identical, but our features are very very similar. "Thanks, unni." I smiled. "How's appa?" She asked and I could see that she felt reluctant while asking this question. He's getting married that's why I'm moving back. She nodded. "Want to have some drinks inside? Umma missed you." She tried to pull me in but I got away from her grip. "No thanks, I'm going now. I'll move in tomorrow at 3pm, is that okay?" I asked and she looked a bit disappointed. "Sure, see you tomorrow." She gave me a brief hug and I hugged her back before leaving.