08

School 2014

---Hani's POV---

"Pali pali!" Hakyung whined at the door, all ready to head out to school. "I'm read- Ah! I left my notebook on the desk, give me a minute!" I scrambled up the stairs and grabbed my notebook before hurrying downstairs to see my twin glaring at me. "I wouldn't want to be late for school on the first day, you know?" She grumbled as I quickly put on my shoes. "Araso araso, mianhae!" I hugged her briefly before yelling that we're going to school to my mom. "Kyung ah, are you excited for your first day of school?" I lightly bump on her shoulder. "Of course, I'm so worried that I couldn't make any new friends!" She said and cupped her face. "Ya! I'll be your friend!" I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Unni, have you forgotten what I told you about yesterday?" She removed my arm. "Ah.. Right.." I frowned. "Oh! That means I'll have to call you Hani-ssi from now on!" She said which made me frowned even more, but I don't think she noticed it. What's wrong with telling everyone that we're sisters.. 

"Oh! Hani." Hyemi was standing in front of her locker when we bump into her. "Wha-" She looks very shock when she turned from me to Hakyung. "I-is she your sister? you 2 look alike!" She exclaimed. I've never heard her talked so loud before, which made me chuckled. "Umm, she's-" I was about to explain when Hakyung interrupted me. "Thank you for showing me to the school, Hani-ssi. I'll be going to the teacher's office now." She bowed to us before hurrying away. "She's not your sister or something?" Hyemi asked. "She's a transferred student." I said, which is not completely a lie. "I see, what happened to your lip? It's bruised!" She pointed at my lower lip. "Ah.. It's nothing.." I blushed. "Okay..." She shot me a disbelieveing look. "Let's hurry to class." She said and I quickly grab the stuff I need and quickly went into class. "I heard!" Sungjong leaned towards me. "What?" I turned to look at him as I sit down on my seat. "Woohyun hyung told us about the both of you." He winked. "Aish, that Woohyun oppa." I covered my face in embarrassment. "It's because we asked him about the bruise on his lip. And we all didn't believe it. I only believed him when I saw your bruised lip." Sungjong chuckled. "Stop it!" I put a finger at my lips, wanting to hush him. 

The teacher entered the room not long after and was about to take attendance when Jiyoung entered the room noisily, pushing a few tables in her way on purpose. "Park Jiyoung haksaeng, look for me after class." The teacher announced before there was a knock on the door. Our attention was shifted to the door, where it stood our headmaster and everyone stiffened, since we knew how strict he could be. "Can I take a bit of your time?" He asked the teacher and she nodded before he entered the class and motioned to someone behind the door to follow him. "Ha-" I closed my mouth quickly, looking around to make sure nobody heard what I almost said. Hakyung was walking right behind him and stood in the front right between the headmaster and the teacher. "This is Oh Hakyung and she's a new transferred student. Please get along well." He said before exiting the class. The whole class relaxed and quickly turned to look at me and back to Hakyung. 

"Ya! Are you sisters?" Someone asked. "TWINS?!" Another shouted. "They look like they were made from the same mould!" Another screamed. "SHUT UP!" The teacher hit the table with her books twice and the entire class quiet down. "They have different surname, if you all noticed. Jung Hani and Oh Hakyung." The teacher said which I sighed in relieve. "I knew they were'nt related though, Hani looks prettier." Donghae, a guy sitting at the front said, causing everyone to coo. "Aish! Keep quiet!" The teacher said before turning to Hakyung. "You can sit behind Donghae, that seat is empty." She pointed to the empty seat and Hakyung quickly got to her seat. Lessons begin and I would occasionally turn to look at Hakyung to see how she's doing. "Pss." Sungjong made a sound so I turned to look at him. "Are you really not twins?" He whispered. "Just study, Sungjong ah." I whispered back and returned to my book. 

 

---Hakyung's POV---

I knocked twice on the door of the headmaster's room and he told me to go in, so I opened the door slowly and walked in. He was about in his fifties, sitting behind his desk looking at me expectantly. "Annyeongahseyo, Oh Hakyung imnida." I bowed. "Are you the new transferred student?" He asked and I nodded. "This is Nam Woohyun, the spokesperson of the student council." He pointed to the guy standing beside me, which I didn't notice until now. "Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed at him and he did the same before we turned to face the headmaster. "Woohyun will orientate you around the school during your lunch break-" He said and was interrupted by the clerk from the front desk. "Give me a minute." He said, getting up from his seat and left the office, leacing the 2 of us in the room. "Umm.. You're Hani's sister." He suddenly said, which doesn't sound like a question. "Yes.." I replied. "I hope you'll keep this to yourself." I said, and he was obviously surprised with my request. "Why is that so?" He furrowed his eyebrows, and now that I noticed, he looks quite cute. With his eyes that are quite small (though not smaller than the Sungkyu guy I met the other day), high nose bridge and his cute plump lips. Wait! What am I even thinking about? "Please just keep it to yourself." I smiled and he nodded before the headmaster came in again. "Here." He handed Woohyun a note after scribbling on it. "Hurry back to class, I'll bring her to her class." He said and Woohyun bowed. "See you outside your class at lunch time, Hakyung-ssi." He said and walked away. 

"School just started not so long ago, so you don't have much to catch up on, but please study hard." He said and stopped at the class which have a bold '1-1' at the top of the class. "This will be your class, wait here for a minute." He said and knocked the door of the classroom. "Can I take a bit of your time?" He asked the teacher and she nodded before he entered the class and motioned me to follow him. "This is Oh Hakyung and she's a new transferred student. Please get along well." He said before exiting the class. The whole class seemed to relax and started whispering and talking to each other, looking very surprised when they saw me and they all turned to look at Hani. Wait, she's in my class?

"Ya! Are you sisters?" Someone asked. "TWINS?!" Another shouted. "They look like they were made from the same mould!" Another screamed. "SHUT UP!" The teacher hit the table with her books twice and the entire class quiet down. "They have different surname, if you all noticed. Jung Hani and Oh Hakyung." The teacher said which I sighed in relieve. "I knew they were'nt related though, Hani looks prettier." A guy sitting at the front said, causing everyone to coo. I clenched my fist when I heard what he said. 'Calm down, Oh Hakyung. You've been through this for so many years, you should have been used to this..' I thought to myself. "Aish! Keep quiet!" The teacher said before turning to me. "You can sit behind Donghae, that seat is empty." She pointed to the empty seat and I quickly went to my seat.

"Woohyun sunbaenim is at the door!" A girl squealed and everyone turn to look at him outside the door. "Jieun-ssi, I'm still having my lesson here." The teacher frowned and the bell rang. "Not anymore songsaengnim!" She said and hurried out of the class to Woohyun. I turned back to my book and finished writing the note that I was writing halfway through and closed the book, stuffing it back into my bag. "Sunbaenim, who are you waiting for?" Jieun asked. "Not you of course!" Her friend smack her head lightly before dragging her away. "Hyung! Are you looking for Hani?" The guy sitting beside Hani in class asked. "Partly." He replied. Hani? He's interested in Hani? I tightened my grip on the book with the thought of it. "Hani ah." Woohyun walked into the class and stopped in front of her desk after the teacher left the class. "Oppa." She smiled, looking up at him as she stood up. That look, and I knew that he's the one that she likes. Why? Why does she have to have everything I wanted? I held the book even tighter than before. "The headmaster told me to bring Hakyung-ssi around, so I'll not be having lunch with you guys." He said as he grabbed her hands in his. "Don't miss me too much!" He pecked on her forehead and she blushed. "Hyung! Stop with your greasiness!" The guy whined. "Shut up, Sungjong, you're just jealous!" Woohyun shouted and turned back to Hani. "Laters!" He winked and came to me. "Let's go, Hakyung-ssi." He smiled and I nodded before following him out of the class.