16

School 2014

---Hyemi's POV---

Myungsoo and I were walking hand in hand along the corridor when we saw a huge crowd gathering around the notice board. "Why's everyone crowding around there?" Myungsoo asked a guy walking towards our direction from the notice board. " Oh, there's an English story writing competition. A large amount of money will be given as the reward for the winner." The guy said and we thanked him before moving towards the notice board. I tried tiptoeing to see, but I was too short to even catch a glimpse of the notice board. I sighed and walked towards the back and that was when I realised that Myungsoo wasn't holding my hand anymore. I looked around for him but it was too crowded around me. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned to see Myungsoo gasping for air. "Ya.. That's too much.. It's so squeezy." He panted. "What is?" I chuckled, looking at his worn out face. "I took a picture of the notice for you." He grinned, showing me the photo he took using his phone. "Thank you Myung!" I smiled, reading the notice from his phone when he took the phone out of my sight.

"What are you doing?" I frowned and tried to reach for his phone but he held it up too high for me to reach. "Oppa." He grabbed my wrist and brought it down to my side. "What?" I tilt my head in confusion. "Call me oppa." He said. "NO!" I stuck out my tongue at him and walked away from him. "Ya! Come back here!" He yelled but I ignored him and carried on walking. "Nam Hyemi!" He yelled. I covered my ears with my hands and continued walking, noticing weird stares from people around me. "Stop shouting!" I turned and told him but I accidentally bumped into someone from behind. "Oh no, I'm so sorry.." I held her arm and helped her up. "Hyemi ah, gwenchana?" Myungsoo came to my side and looked at my body for any injuries. "I'm fine." I said before turning back to the girl. "I'm really sorry." I bowed. "It's okay, Hyemi-ssi." The girl smiled and her eyes turned into crescents. I realised that she wasn't wearing the same uniform as us and I remembered that she's one of the exchange student in school. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Bang Minah." She grinned, reaching out for a handshake. "Hi." I shook her hand but I can't help but noticed that her eyes were on Myungsoo the entire time. I followed her view and looked at Myungsoo, who was already looking at me. "I'm her boyfriend, L." Myungsoo smiled at me before turning to Minah and gave a brief nod before turning her attention back to me. 

We carried on walking after Minah told us that she needed to go look for her friend in the auditorium. "Hyemi ah." Myungsoo suddenly said. "Hmm?" I glance up at him. "Why don't you call me oppa?" He pouted, which I found incredibly cute. "Just because." I replied, chuckling. "Ya, you can't just 'just because' me?!" He whined, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Why not?" I chuckled and leaned closer to him. "Why won't you call me oppa when you can do so to Sungkyu hyung and the rest?" He asked. "I don't call Sungjong oppa." I stated and he rolled his eyes. "You know that's not what I meant." He groaned. "Because you're different." I chuckled, wrapping my arm back on his waist. "What?" His voice was filled with confusion. "You. Are. Different. Myung." I spoke was pauses between my words as I cupped my hands on his cheek. "How different?" His eyes had a glint of amusement. "They are just like my brothers. But you.." I said. "Ijustloveyousomuchthatyou'redifferentokay?!" I yelled very quickly and ran away. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"Aish.. Can't believe Hakyung leave all these to me while she goes lovey dovey with Sungkyu oppa." I groaned as I climbed up the stairs with a pile of paper in my arms. The Math teacher told her to bring it to another teacher for reviewing but she just simply threw them to me saying "I've got a date with Gyu!" and ran away. "Aish.. Why is this so heav- ahh!" I tripped over a step and all the paper fell and scattered all around me. "She's in debt to me!" I muttered as I picked up the papers, stacking them together. Just when I was about to turn to the other side to pick up the papers, someone handed me a stack of the papers. "Hey." Soohyun oppa grinned when I looked at him. "Thanks oppa." I smiled, taking the stack from him and stood up. "Where are you bringing these to?" He asked, pointing at my pile of papers. "I need to hand these Go songsaengnim." I said. "Give them to me, I'll help you pass it to him since he's just sitting next to me in the office." He smiled, taking the pile of papers from me. "T-thank you." I bowed and he ruffled my hair.

"It's been so long." He said when he stopped ruffling my hair. "Yea.. It's been years." I nodded, looking down at my toes. Talking to him seemed awkward now, it might have been because of the the time we spent apart. "I still remember your crying face when I said that I was leaving the country to study." He joked. "Oppa! Don't mention it! It's embarrassing!" I covered my face to hide my blush. "How's your mother?" He asked. "She's good. Her relationship with Hakyungie is better too." I grinned proudly. "Good to hear that." He said. He seemed to have something to say but he hesitated because he opened his mouth with no words coming out and closed them again several times. "What is it?" I asked. "Well.. I've been away from Korea for so long.. Umm.. Can you bring me around?" He asked. "Bring you around Korea?" I was amused. "Can you?" He gave me his pleading eyes. "Umm.. Sure?" I chuckled. "Then.. Can I have your number then?" He asked and I gave him mine. "I'll see you around then, little one." He ruffled my hair after saving my number and walked away towards the teacher's office. 

"What's your relationship with Kim songsaengnim?" I jumped when a voice startled me. I turned to see the exchange student, crossing her arms and glared at me. I glanced at her nametag and looked back at her. "I asked you. What's your relationship with him?" Hyeri snapped. "Why would you want to know?" I asked. "I'm asking you a question, so don't ask me back another question." She gritted her teeth and cornered me towards the wall. "I hate to see girls like you, trying to get his attention." She smirked, which made my spine shiver with fear. She looked so deadly, as though she wanted to kill me. "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!" A loud voice sounded from the staircase. "Woohyun oppa!" I slipped past the girl when she was distracted and went over to him. "Are you okay?" His eyes soften when he looked at me. I nodded before he turned back to her with a piercing glare. "What are you doing to my girlfriend?" He growled. "Oh, so you have a boyfriend huh?" She scoffed. "Look after your girlfriend well dude, 'cause she's messing around with what's mine, and I hate it." She patted Woohyun's shoulder before walking off. 

"She looked like she was going to kill me." My knees weakened but luckily Woohyun held onto me. "What happened?" He helped me to the bench and my hair gently. "I was just talking to Soohyun oppa and after he went away, she came to me and demanded to know my relationship with him." I said, shivering at the thought of her smirk from earlier. "Soohyun? The exchange teacher?" He asked and I nodded. "He helped me hand the paper to Go songsaengnim and he asked me to bring him around Korea." I explained. "Bring him around Korea?" He raised his eyebrow. "Yea.. He said it's been so long since he have been in Korea, so he asked me to bring him around." I replied. "Ah.. Be careful of that girl, araso?" He tucked my hair behind my ear. "Okay." I replied before he walked me back to class.

"Hani ah, do you want to join the story writing competition?" Hyemi asked when I sat down in my seat. "What story writing competition?" I asked. "Well, there's an English story writing competition and the winner gets a large amount of money." She beamed. "How I wish I can win the competition to get the recognition in my testimonial." Hyemi sighed. "So.. Are you joining?" She asked. "Well no. My English and I have no talent in writing." I laughed. "Oh.. Okay then." She turned back to face the front when the teacher came into the class.