01

School 2014

---Hyemi's POV---

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed when I pulled in my luggage. "Oh, Hyemi ah, you're here." Mrs Nam hugged me tightly. "I missed you." I smiled when she pulled away. "Me too. Come on, I'll bring you to your room." She chuckled and led me towards a room. It was fully decorated with lace and every spot is pink in colour. "Woah." I admired the room when I entered it. "Do you like it? I spent 2 days decorating it!" Mrs Nam said excitedly. "Of course!" I laughed. "I've always wanted to do this, but I didn't have a daughter. So since you'll be staying here, call me umma, araso?" She beamed and I nodded before she hurried out to prepare some stuffs. So I went ahead to unpack my stuff into the cupboards and drawers. 

"MIMI!" The door creaked open and Woohyun's head stuck into the room with a huge grin. "Woohyun oppa." I smiled and he came into the room. "How's Singapore?" He asked as he sat down next to me. "It's so much warmer there than in Korea." I said and he helped to to put my clothes on the hangers. "So.. You'll be studying in Woollim High in 2 months right?" He asked. "Yea." I replied. "Good! We can hang out in school more often then! I can introduce you to all my friends!" He beamed. "Oppa.." I said and he stopped his excitement and turned to look at me. "Can we not let the others know about me being your cousin?" I said. "Why?" He frowned. "I just want to finish school without anyone noticing me, I don't want all the attention on me." I said as I played with my fingers. "Araso." He patted my head with a smile. "Anything for my Mimi." He grinned. "Come on, Boohyun hyung missed you too." He pulled me up and I let him drag me to Boohyun's room. 

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

"Kim Myungsoo! Did you see my contact lense box anywhere?!" I yelled at my brother from the bathroom and stomped over to his room. "What contact lense box are you talking about?" He said as he held my box in his hands with a confused look at his face. "That's the box I'm talking about!" I grumbled as I snatched the box away from him. "But hyung, why are you keeping jelly stuff inside that box?! I threw them away by the way~" He said as he took his bag pack. "YOU WHAT?!" I yelled and opened the box at the same time. "ANTS?! WHY ARE THERE ANTS IN IT?!" I grabbed Myungsoo by his nape. "Oh! Meet Myung and Soo, hyung!" He smiled and took the box from my hands. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Woohyun, my bestfriend since middle school, appeared with a bread in his mouth. "Tell me again, is he really my brother?" I shook my head at the weirdness of my younger brother. I went back into my room and started complaining to Woohyun about what Myungsoo did to my contact lenses.

"Hyung, you looked like a nerd with your glasses on." Woohyun laughed when we reached the dining table downstairs. "Thanks to Kim Myungsoo." I grumbled and ate my breakfast. Myungsoo shrugged as if nothing's wrong and continued eating. "Bye umma, bye hyung!" He sang before heading out. "Damn it! I need to go to school first! I have a meeting to attend, see you later in school hyung!" Woohyun said and hurriedly ran out of the house. "Woohyunie, I prepared some more for.... Where's he?" Umma asked. "He rushed to some meeting." I replied. "You can have this then." She said before returning to the kitchen. 

"Damn it, Woohyun." I muttered under my breath. He left his books at my place and I had to carry them to school for him. With my glasses and these books, I look totally like a nerd. I sighed and didn't noticed that there were 2 girls in front of me and accidentally bumped into them. "I'm sorry." I apologised and tried to help the girl up but her friend smacked my hand away. "I'm sorry." I apologised again. "It's okay." The girl I bumped into smiled and I noticed that she is wearing the uniform of the middle school near my school. She tidied her hair a little and I saw her name tag. Jung Hani. "What are you looking at, nerd?" Her friend spat and brushed dust off Hani's skirt. "He must have done it on purpose to woo us." Her friend, Park Jiyoung, said. "I-" I tried to rebut her but she glared at me. Wow, what a hot tempered middle school girl. "Let's go, we're going to be late for school, Hani ah." Her friend walked off proudly. "I'm sorry for bumping into you." Hani packed my books nicely and place them on my hands. "Thank you." I said and she smiled before hurrying off towards her friend. "Jung Hani.." I smiled before walking towards my school. 

 

---Hani's POV---

"The horoscope book says that I'm going to meet my prince charming on the road today!" I jumped excitedly. "Ya, you need to stop reading these, it's not accurate at all." Jiyoung took my book away. "It's accurate! Really!" I pouted and tried to grab my book back when I bumped into someone and fell. "I'm sorry." He apologised and tried to help the me up but Jiyoung slapped his hand away. "I'm sorry." He apologised again. "It's okay." I smiled and I noticed that he is wearing the uniform of Woollim High. I only saw his surname, Kim. "What are you looking at, nerd?" Jiyoung spat and brushed dust off my skirt. "He must have done it on purpose to woo us." She said and I nudged her slightly. "I-" He tried to say something but Jiyoung glared at him, "Let's go, we're going to be late for school, Hani ah." Jiyoung walked off. "I'm sorry for bumping into you." I packed the books nicely and place them on his hands. "Thank you." He said and I smiled before hurrying off towards Jiyoung. 

"He might be my prince charming!" I grinned when I caught up with Jiyoung. "What? That nerd?" She scoffed. "He's actually quite cute, you know. He have these small eyes and he looks like a hamster when he smiles." I said dreamily, earning a smack on the head from Jiyoung. "You deserve someone much better! Come on, we're going to be late for our exams! Woollim High! Here we come!" Jiyoung cheered and pulled me along with her towards school. I looked back towards the guy and grinned. "See you in Woollim High, Kim Hamster-ssi." I smiled before turning back. For the next few days, I've always waited at near the school for awhile, hoping to catch a glimpse of the small eye guy before going to school but I didn't see him anywhere which disappoints me. 

 

(2 Months later)

"How do I look?" I twirled around in my new uniform in front of umma. "Wonderful! Now go to school, you don't want to be late, do you?" Umma chuckled as she handed me my bag and I quickly went out of the house and emt up with Jiyoung. "We're going to Woollim High!" Jiyoung jumped around excitedly with me, earning stares from people around us. We were walking along the corridors in our new school when we saw a girl fell with her books falling all over the floor. "Serves you right for bumping into me!" A guy spat at the girl on the floor. "Ya!" I stomped over to the guy and looked at his name tag. "Lee Joon-ssi, how could you do this to a girl?!" I glared at him. "Are you yelling at me?" He scoffed. I rolled my eyes at him before bending down to help the girl up. "You okay?" I asked her as I picked up the books for her. She nodded and muttered a soft thank you before running off. 

I glared at the Lee Joon guy once more before turning away but he grabbed my bag pack, pulling me back towards him. "Let me go!" I struggled to get away from him. "Joon, that's enough." A voice came from the second level which causes us to stop and look up at the same time. There were a few boys on the second level looking down at us and the person who spoke looks so familiar. "Sungkyu.." Lee Joon muttered. "Class is going to start, why not all of you head to class right now?" He said and everyone started rushing to their classes while Lee Joon let my bagpack go and I fell on the floor. "You're interesting." Lee Joon smirked before tucking his hands into his pocket and walked away.

"You should stay away from these things next time." Jiyoung shook her head and helped me up. "But-" I tried to protest. "Well, the guy from earlier must be Kim Sungkyu." Jiyoung grinned. "Who's Kim Sungkyu?" I asked as we walked towards our class. "He's the leader of the popular group in school, Infinite." She said. "Everyone in school respects him, even that Lee Joon guy from just now." She continued. "I came to this school because of him, how I wish he would date me." Jiyoung sang dreamily. "Oh! We're here!" I said before pulling her into class with me.

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

"Hyung! Did you gain weight during the holidays?" Dongwoo chuckled. "I guess?" I patted my cheeks and frowned. "Time to work out, hyung." Hoya said. Just then we heard a commotion from level one so we looked down to see a girl on the floor with her books all around. "Serves you right for bumping into me!" A guy spat at the girl on the floor. "It's Lee Joon again." Myungsoo muttered. "Ya!" A girl yelled and stomped over to him. She looks so familiar. I squinted my eyes to have a better view and realised that she is that Jung Hani, the girl I bumped into the other day and a few steps behind her stood her friend. "Lee Joon-ssi, how could you do this to a girl?!" She glared at him. "Are you yelling at me?" He scoffed. She didn't say anything but bent down to help the girl up. "You okay?" She asked the girl and picked up the books for her. She nodded and seemed to say something before running off.

Hani turned away from Joon but he grabbed her bag pack, pulling her back towards him. I clenched my fist in anger. "Let me go!" She struggled to get away from him. "Joon, that's enough." I said, loud enough for all to hear. The commotion stopped and everyone looked up at us. My heart seemed to pump very quickly when we Hani and I had a short eye contact. "Class is going to start, why not all of you head to class right now?" I said and everyone started rushing to their classes while Lee Joon let her bagpack go and she fell on the floor before he walked away. "Let's go." Dongwoo said and we headed towards class. I turned to look at her once more. 'Welcome to Woollim High, Hani." I thought before turning back. "Hyung, you like her don't you?" Myungsoo flung his arm over my shoulder. "Who?" I asked. "That heroine from just now." He smirked. "Shut up and go to class." I muttered and slapped his hand away before going into my class.