Borderline

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last chapter will be the epilogue. Well we have come to the point where it is really goodbye. Huhu! T-T

Well I'm off to writing my Kingdom Eras and I will continue SOS galactic school since you guys seem to like the thought of me writing taeteuk. That one is a war setting and well alot of angst wil be present there. Thank yo so much guys. Jessica and Dongahe also have their own story but I might be too lazy to write theirs. Hahaha!

Chapter 25

Borderline

             I was sitting near a lake while I played with the small camera in my hand. It was the middle of spring and I was busy taking pictures of the pretty flowers around me.

            “Dr. Kim!” someone had called me and I turned around and saw my smiling boyfriend. He was carrying a picnic basket in one hand and a bouquet of roses in the other.

            “Hey oppa!” I greeted as I took a picture of him. He smiled showing his dimple then embraced me in his big hug.

            “I missed you.” He said as he kissed me in the forehead.

            “You’ve only been gone for two days.” I chided him slightly. He had gone on a business conference somewhere in San Francisco.

            “It felt longer, like two years.” He said. I giggled.

            “You missed me that much?” I asked him. He gave me a quick peck in the lips as an answer.

            We sat on the picnic clothe while I continued to take pictures as he gave me a backhug.

            “Taeng how many kids do you want to have?” he asked out of the blue.

            “Why do you ask oppa?” I asked him while squirming in his embrace a little. He chuckled while steadying his grip on me.

            “Just asking.” He answered.

            “I don’t know oppa.” I answered and leaned back while closing my eyes. I felt like I was falling and I opened my eyes. I was back in the fields again, only this time there were more flowers. A cute toddler was playing beside me waving a flower he had picked. I smiled I knew he was my son. He laid down and snuggled close to me. I giggled and pulled him close. I felt the grass shift weight and saw my husband lying down next to us. He hugged us close and I felt security and happiness envelop me.

            I woke up and I was in a hospital bed again. I just love it here don’t I? I had a mixed dream actually. The first was when me and my husband were still dating and we had been separated for the first time since we started going out. I glanced around me and noticed that the whole room was dark. It must be night time. I shifted my position in the bed and faced the left where I heard a distinctive slight snore. Jungsu must me in the bed next to me behind the divider.

            I caressed my stomach feeling the palpitations again then fell asleep.

 

            Morning came and the first person I saw when I opened my eyes was a furious looking Tiffany. I was in big trouble I just knew it.

            “Hey Fany.” I greeted her in a repenting voice.

            “You are so lucky you are injured right now and I am in no mood to worsen your situation.” She said to me while I could see her eyes becoming red.

            “I’m sorry.” I said. I really was.

            “I’m SORRY?! That doesn’t cut it Kim Taeyeon! Do you know how worried we all were? Sunny almost went nuts trying to look for you!” She yelled but she soon calmed down.

            “You are so going to get it from Jessie.” She said as she took the platter on the table in front of the bed and stormed out.

            “You ok?” I heard my husband ask me.

            I wanted to hit him with the pillow but I stopped myself. I had endangered so many lives yesterday.

            “I’m not ok oppa. I was really stupid.” I answered. I wanted to cry so badly. Jessica entered the room and I was so scared. She wore a blank expression on her face first but it soon faded when she saw my gloomy appearance.

            She came near me and gave me a tight hug. She comforted me while I ended up crying.

            “I’ll let it slide for now but if you ever do something as stupid as that again…” I heard the threat behind her words. I nodded and hugged her more.

            “Stop crying now Taengoo, you and Jungsu are safe.” She told me.

            Tiffany was still pissed of course but I understood her she was very worried about me. Sica told her not to scold me so she directed her ire to my husband.

            “If you weren’t such a chicken to begin with!” Tiffany started her rant. She scolded Jungsu for even leaving. Sica and I gave him the try to understand look thankfully he did understand.

            Tiffany had to stop her sermon because Donghae and the rest came. Sunny and Hyoyeon were howling in tears as if I had died. My uncle scolded me, but also showed his happiness at the fact that I was alive.

            “How could you leave…” Sunny sobbed.

            “Do you know how worried we all were?!” Hyoyeon added.

            All I could do was say sorry over and over again.

             Jungsu requested that our beds be put next to each other and the staff nicely agreed. After our colleagues and the authorities finished their visit and lengthy interview we finally had our time to rest.

            Everything was still unclear to me. A story of Jungsu hunting the beast down because he thought they took me emerged. I didn’t know where that came from. People started believing that the monsters were actually mutant animals created by terrorists. How in the world did all of this happen? I mean people even had memories which I was sure were fake!

            “Mrs. Park will you stop worrying. Jessica and Tiffany already took care of everything.”

He told me while leaning his head onto mine.

            “How?!” I began to ask.

            “Jessica is a push. She is a mind manipulator. She can make you believe in false realities or make you do as she pleases. It’s her gift. She only uses it in times like this when a massive clean-up is needed.”

            I was flabbergasted. Then they could…?

            “If you are worrying if they really care for you, yes they do. Jessica as I said earlier only uses her powers when necessary. It drains her energy a lot. She is mostly an elemental master like most of us. Tiffany controls emotions, that’s why she gets the worst out of every situation. She feels the emotions of others the most and she becomes affected by it. That is why she went berserk earlier.”

            “Oh.” I said feeling guilty for doubting them.

            “Don’t worry they understand Taeng. I was doubtful of them at first.” He reassured me.

            I leaned closer to him liking his warmth more than anything. He chuckled and asked.

            “Still feel cold?”

            I nodded and I saw his brows scrunched up. None of us had told him yet that we were expecting.

            “You are my personal heater oppa.” I told him.

            “What happened to Yeobo?” He whined as he pouted.

            “You don’t call me Chagi!” I said in defense.

            “Alright Chagi.” He said while he snuggled closer. I felt another surge of coldness and shivered.

            “Are you sure you are ok?” He asked me worriedly while placing his hand on my forehead.

            “YOU’RE FREEZING!” he almost yelled.

            “It’s ok op.. Yeobo.” I corrected myself before he gets more annoyed. I needed for him to be calm before I break the news.

            “I’m calling the nurse!” He said as he reached for the emergency button.

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter