Goosebumps

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys I managed to finish two chapters and I will be uploading both chapters since I will be very busy next week with exams and reports so yeah. My next update might be on the next saturday. Don't forget to comment I really like reading your thoughts about the story. Thanks to my new subscribers! Both chapters are unedited so forgive my laziness and errors. XD

Chapter 13

Goosebumps

 

            I took reluctant steps as I boarded off the plane and headed out into airport’s waiting area. I had decided to visit Canada and now I was on my way to the resort. I was allowed to take a break; surprisingly my superiors were happy at the thought of me finally decided to opening myself up to the whole incident. When I told them I wanted to attend the gathering at the resort for the family of those who had perished, they happily gave me the permission to go on a three day break. My uncle was having second thoughts though but I reassured him that I will come back in piece.

            I suddenly heard someone calling me and I turned to see a familiar figure approaching me.

            “Your Mrs. Park right?” the person who happened to be a lady asked. “I’m Ms. Chan remember me?”

            Upon hearing that surname I immediately nodded and smiled.

            “How are you?” I asked as we carried our luggage out.

            “Fine if you can call it fine.” She replied a in a bit downhearted tone.

            “How’s your brother?” I asked and noticed the change in her expression when I mentioned him.

            “Oh he is fine.” Ms. Chan replied while pulling her trolley.

            “Why isn’t he here with you?” I calmly asked.

            “He didn’t want to.” She replied in a sour way.

            “Oh.” I said while I glanced at our surrounding. I saw a man carrying a plank card with our names on it.

            “That must be one of the resort staff. They did say that they are sending someone to pick us up.” Ms. Chan told me while we made our way to the man.

            “I hope you had a good flight.” The man said, we nodded and he helped us with our luggage.

           

           The trip to the hotel was pleasant Ms. Chan and I talked a lot about the camp fires and the other things that had happened before that trip. The resort staff also entertained us with details about the gathering. When we reached the main hotel we were surprised by the number of people there.

           “I don’t remember seeing those people.” Ms. Chan stated while eyeing the large crowd.

           “Oh those are new guests actually only a few agreed to attend the gathering.” The staff informed us.

           I looked out the window and watched the people enjoying their time. I smiled as I saw little kids a dressed up for the winter. Our car had stopped in front of the main hotel and I got off with Ms. Chan. The staff arranged our reservation and decided to give each one of us a deluxe suite. Ms. Chan and the others accepted the deluxe rooms while I asked for the cabin where Jungsu and I stayed. They were reluctant to give me the room since according to the guests who stayed there the room was odd. But after some contemplation and my persuasion they allowed me to have it.

           “Mrs. Park if something is strange please call us immediately.” Mr. Gustaf told me; he was now the supervisor of the resort and for this I am happy. The man certainty aged a lot after that incident.

           “What did the other guests mean by odd?” I asked him.

           “Well they claim that the cabin is haunted by a ghost. They all claim to experience the feeling of being watched at night.” Mr. Gustaf informed me. I got a little scared by what he had said but I dismissed the feeling.

           “Had there been reports of anyone actually seeing a ghost?” I asked while we neared the cabin.

           “No as far as the reports go no one saw anything there.” Mr. Gustaf told me. “If you feel or see anything weird please inform us immediately.”

           “I will. Thank you Mr. Gustaf.” I told him as he helped me with my luggage. Apparently we were all treated as VIP’s in the resort. I got shivers when I neared the cabin but it soon disappeared as I stepped inside the room. The wonderful memories I had shared with my husband came flooding back to me and I felt my knees weakened and I was forced to sit on the bed. When I had calmed myself I let my eyes drift around the room. The interior hasn’t changed much maybe because of the whole haunted scenario thing that the guests had reported.

           I was anxious to get my things organized so I started my task immediately. Even though I was only staying for 3 days I had decided to place my clothes in the closet neatly instead of just leaving them inside my bag. I was tired from the journey so I decided to just have my lunch delivered to my cabin.

           After I ate my lunch which was scrumptious by the way I took my diary from my handbag and began writing my entry for the day. I started my log in the same manner I had gotten used to in the institution instead of writing dear diary I wrote dear Jungsu. Writing dear Jungsu as my entry title had enabled me to ease my pain at losing him. It helped me get through my days thinking that my beloved could see me from where he was now. I wrote about the things I did for the day and afterwards I decided to just have a short nap.

           My short nap was longer than I expected the outside was dark signaling that it was already night. I reached for the clock beside my bed and looked at the time. It was already 10 in the evening I slept at around 2 in the afternoon! I got out of bed and decided to call room service since the resort’s kitchen was open up to 11 in the evening. After calling them and asking for my dinner to be delivered to my cabin I chose to have a quick shower. After my shower I got dressed and dried my hair. My dinner came and I thanked the personnel who delivered it by giving him a fairly large tip. I ate my dinner and dialed Sunny’s number on my phone. My cousin’s frantic voice greeted me.

           “Taeng Oh my God I thought something had happened to you on the way!” Sunny told me or more like yelled at me.

           “Sorry Sunny-ah I fell asleep as soon as I arrived so I wasn’t able to call you guys.” I said in apology.

           “Its fine I’m just glad you are safe. So how is the gathering?” She asked me finally calming down.

           “Well not many attended but at least I got to meet some people.” I told her while I twirled a lock of my damp hair around my finger.

           “Oh too bad, well just try to enjoy your time there Taeng and if you start feeling depressed again or anything call me immediately.” Sunny told me. I spent a few more minutes on the phone with her before saying goodbye. It suddenly felt a little chilly inside the room so I turned the heater on higher. I sat in my bed all bundled up in my thick blankets and took out my wedding album. I stared at the pictures and tried to remember the warmth and the joy of that day. I hadn’t noticed the tears that ran down my cheeks as the memories of him and us clouded my mind. I took out my iPod and did something I hadn’t done in centuries. My fingers fumbled through my playlist into that one folder labeled do not open. I played it in speaker mode and let the soothing melody flood over my emotions, but it had been a wrong move. As soon as the song All Out of Love by Air Supply played it filled the room and my tears started flowing like waterfall. I buried my head in between my knees and clutched my head in hopes of making the tears stop but I didn’t.

           As I cried there in the lone cabin I felt that disturbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter