Lies

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys this is the tenth chapter I hope you like it. Please comment! :D

Tell me what you think of this chapter. I might update again tomorrow if I feel like it.   

Chapter 10

Lies

            I was lying in our bed today wearing my husband’s boxers and a duck printed t-shirt. The same one he wanted to buy before that…incident.

            The rescue team returned to the site where the bodies had been found. They had searched for two days and what they had found were things that told us that there was nothing to hope for. I had been staring at my husband’s wristwatch for five full hours. It was the wristwatch he had worn that tragic day. It felt cold in my hands, the crack in the glass signified that my husband was one of those who had perished in the hands of whatever it was that attacked them. It had been covered in blood the day they had found it in the snow along with what appears to be pieces of human flesh. Blood had stained the ground that day.

According to the searchers the stench of the blood was so overpowering that many of their men had thrown up. I had also seen the pictures of the whole site. I curled up into a ball as another wave of pain and regret washed through me. Maybe just maybe if we had just gone to another one of the shops that day, my husband would be alive.

            I pulled his pillow tightly against me as I let my tears fall like a never ending storm of sorrow while I inhaled the remnants of his scent on it. This was not how a newly wedded couple hoped to spend their honeymoon. This was not how I imagined my married life to be…

 

            After crying myself to sleep I heard the sound of my phone ringing somewhere in the room. I ran to get it in false hopes that it would be Jungsu calling and that he might be alive. As soon as I answered the phone I heard the voice of my uncle speaking in frantic sentences breaking whatever faith I had left. I broke in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter