Mitigation

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys I decided to just post this chapter this is my last reserved draft for this story. With that said I have to finish chapter thirteen faster. I was surprised when my subscribers increased so thank you so much! And to my new subscribers welcome! I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment. Bye for now I'm off to my writer's desk!. :D

Chapter 12

Mitigation

 

                 I looked up from my patient’s record while I drank a cup of coffee as one of my fellow doctors and friend asked me out on another outing. I tried to smile as I gently refused her offer. It was another one of those outings where couples and married people would be present. I tried to avoid those kinds of gatherings; I didn’t hold a grudge against couples and married folks that weren’t the case. My wounds still felt raw and as an act of self-preservation I tried to avoid seeing and doing things that reminded me of the things I could never ever feel or do again.

             I had become anti-social as my friends put it but that wasn’t entirely true. I hanged around with my friends and would gladly join them on group dates. I knew how to value my friends the most because without them I think I would never be able to live a normal life.

                Funny how one would put it that I had gotten my old job back without any difficulty despite the psychological trauma I had undergone but thankfully my higher ups understood my case. It’s not every day that a person’s husband gets butchered by some unknown creature not mention that it had happened on their honeymoon trip. Sure events like murdered by criminal could happen or a disaster could kill the guy but not like this…

                The media claimed that it was some wild animal a bear perhaps but we all knew it was no freaking animal! Even the rescuers refused to believe that whole scientific explanation. We saw the pictures and the injuries; we even heard the sound of whatever that creature was. We knew that it was something beyond what common science could explain.

                Yuto Tiffany’s cousin refused to talk about the incident heck he even moved out of the states just to forget. How I wished I could do the same but I couldn’t. I could never forget the memories of the only person whose existence had shined a light so bright in my life. It was amazing how he could still give me the reason to live even though he was gone. I knew that Jungsu would want me to carry on to live a good life that was the kind of  person he was.Even though people called me a widow in my eyes I was still his wife and I would always be until the day I too laid to rest.

                I made my rounds as usual taking my time around my younger patients' rooms. I loved children and seeing them smile and laugh gave me something to smile about too. I was rebuilding my life the way Jungsu had wanted it just minus him. I lived in the house that he had built for us. And each day I found myself learning each detail of the house he had lovingly built and it gave me delight just imagining him doing the things he loved to do.

                I had even taken a liking to ducks because they reminded me so much of him, so now our house was literally overflowing with peas and ducks merchan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter