Memories

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok I posted a double update. 4 more chapters to go and this fic would end. Tell me your reactions to this chapter, whether it's violent or not. XD

The creatures I used for this story, were from another story which I have no intention of posting on AFF. It's mainly about aliens and stuff. I originally intended for this to be a werewolf story but that is too mainstream already. That story doesn't have any Kpop stars in it so Kekekeke.

Chapter 22

Memories

            I was back in our house again, even though my relatives disagreed with my judgment of returning. They wanted me to freaking sell the house but I couldn’t do such a thing. This was the only place I knew he would return to. I had to hope on that. I needed to stay here so he could find me.

            I crossed my arms over my chest, as Donghae and some of my husband’s workers fixed up the place. They repaired the glass window but this time, they  put in bullet proof glass and some stainless steel wire over it, so it could not be easily be broken into.

            “Taeng I’m still not sure about this.” Donghae told me worriedly. “You’re not safe here!” He argued.

            “I’m fine Hae, stop worrying, besides uncle gave me a shot gun plus a smaller gun.” I told him.

            “Police said that bullets don’t affect the beast or whatever it is.” Donghae said seriously.

            “You know this house means a lot to me Hae. He built this remember?” I asked him and he nodded.

            “You should ask someone to accompany you here.” He told me.

            “Sunny is actually moving in with me.” I told him and he relaxed.

            “That’s good to hear.” He said. “I’ll get back to work.” He added.

            I walked towards the outhouse and I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. My husband wasn’t lying when he said that he was building something. I stood there gazing at what appeared to be the parts of glass windows. He was building me a greenhouse, which he would attach to the house as an atrium. I always said that I wanted to have one of those indoor greenhouses that was built next to the house.

            I wiped the tears that flowed even though I had tried to prevent them. I noticed the pots next to the blueprint of the greenhouse. There were also seedlings and stem cut outs. From his drawing, I saw that he was building the greenhouse for the roses that I dreamed of planting. I always had a fancy for roses.

            I traced my hand around his writings and felt another surge of tears threatening to fall. He loved me too much and I didn’t deserve it. I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry my heart out but I restrained myself. I didn’t have the luxury of time to wallow on regret and grief. I pictured the greenhouse out and let out a bitter laugh. It looked exactly like the one I envisioned, and it was hurting me all the more so I decided to leave the outhouse. I locked it, making sure no one would touch my husband’s things, then proceeded to the kitchen.

            I was making lunch, when Sunny came with her things looking horrified. I was sure she saw the gaping hole in the garage. I turned my attention to the meatloaf I was making, while my cousin sat in the chair next to the island. I knew she was afraid. I smiled a little when I saw that Tiffany gave her the same necklace that they gave me.

            “Fany gave you that?” I asked her. She nodded and fiddled with the pendant.

            “Fany said that it was an old Indian protection charm.” She said.

            I looked at her and smiled.

            “Come on Sunny, help me with lunch we have workers to feed.” I told her and she reluctantly stood up and helped. We managed to dish up a meal of meatloaf and creamy macaroni soup with some salad and baby corn. We had a coconut cream pie for dessert. We were washing the dishes when Donghae came in and said that the men would continue their work tomorrow.

            I nodded and told them they could go. I knew that they were scared. I heard a plate broke and I saw that Sunny was trembling.

            “They are leaving?” She asked me and I nodded. After we did the dishes I called Sica which was like a ritual now.

            “Sicachu!” I called her.

            “What did I tell you about that nickname?” Jessica said on the other line.

            I giggled. “I can’t help it you look like Picachu!” I teased.

            “Sica can’t you and Fany come over and stay for the night? Until I whack Taeng’s head here with logic, as to why she shouldn’t st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter