All Out of Love

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok so here is chapter 24. I'll be posting a double update and then the last chapter I might post tomorrow. Thanks so much again to my readers and subscribers and upvoters! 

Chapter 24

All Out of Love

            I looked up from my notes and saw two familiar persons making their way to the ER. I frowned, as I noticed the blood trickling down from a wound, on one of the person’s hand. It was the fifth time in a month that Mr. Park had visited the hospital due to an injury. The first was due to an injury near his right eye, caused by falling debris in their worksite. One of the nurses smiled at me, signaling that I was the one assigned to treat his wound yet again.

            “Dr. Kim he’s all yours!” One of the nurses teased me. I merely shook my head.

            Mr. Park was the man I bumped into a few weeks ago on Christmas Eve. He was the owner of the duck stuffed toy. We saw each other in a café, one day and he recognized me immediately. He said that we had exchanged our packages and agreed to return our stuff on another day. I gave him the hospital’s address and told him that we should just meet there.

            I got my peas back and I returned his duck. I found out that he and his cousin were newbies in our town. They started an architectural firm downtown. I smiled when I remembered smelling the peas he had returned. The peas smelled like a men’s cologne or should I say smelled like his cologne. I grinned when I remembered sleeping last night with the peas in my arms. I couldn’t help myself the cologne smelled so good. I snapped back to reality and approached them.

            Lee Donghae was his cousin’s name if I remembered correctly. I paused for a moment before approaching them. Park Jungsu was a handsome man, too handsome actually for his own good. On his first visit in the hospital, all the nurses and staff practically drooled while looking at him. He had a well-built body; I could easily guess that he had six pack abs under his shirt. His shoulders also displayed his weekly work out in the gym. I bit my lower lip as I studied his body some more. I shook my head snapping back from my day dreaming. What was I doing fantasizing about my patient’s body?!

            I was about to go near them but stopped when I heard them talking.

            “Seriously hyung, are you doing this to yourself on purpose?! Admit it you like that doctor so much that you are willing to injure yourself just to see her.” His cousin scolded him.

            “Believe it or not Hae, I’m not doing this on purpose. It’s just that everytime I think of her I lose track of things. And that’s not a good thing considering the fact that I work in a hazardous environment.” He said as he ran the fingers of his uninjured hand through his hair.

            “Oh man, you’ve fallen deep hyung.” His cousin .

            “I can’t help it Hae, have you seen how she smiles and her eyes. Man everything about her screams beautiful.” He answered in a daze.

            His cousin slapped his arm causing him to wince in pain.

            “Hey! No hurting the already injured.” I joked. The cousins looked up at me and I smiled at them. Donghae rubbed his nape while Jungsu was blushing.

            “You were saying something about my smile being beautiful?” I while Donghae laughed out loud.

            “Hyung got caught! My hyung has a crush on you Dr. Kim.” Donghae answered.

            “Shut up Hae!” Jungsu said as he glared at his cousin.

            I giggled and examined his hand. Donghae left the room while Jungsu was still blushing as red as a tomato.

            “What did you do to yourself now?” I asked him like an angry mother.

            “I accidentally cut myself, while helping some of my men in the project we were working on.” He answered.

            “Accidentally?” I asked with one of my eyebrows raised.

            “Yes accidentally.” He answered. I went over to the medicine compartment and took out a bottle of butadiene. He flinched when he saw me bringing it.

            “You are such a baby. Don’t men usually try to act tough to impress the girl they like.” I continued to tease.

            “Well I’m not like most men plus I like to keep it real.” He said. He yelped when I swabbed some butadiene in his wound. I bandaged his hand while he still continued to yelp from the pain, the ointment brought.

            “You know if you want to ask me out, you can just ask me directly. You don’t have to resort to hurting yourself just so you can get a glimpse of me.” I told him with concern.

            “I admit that I like you but believe it or not I didn’t do this on myself on purpose.” He said defensively. I chuckled still not believing him.

            “Since you brought it up Dr. Kim can I ask you out?” He asked boldly. I was a bit surprised by his statement but I immediately regained my composure and smiled.

            “That depends Mr. Park.  If you survive next week without any injuries then I might go out with you.” I said coyly.

            He grinned like a love sick fool.

 

            I looked at him again with disapproving eyes. He was lying in a patient’s bed suffering from extremely high fever. I eyed him worriedly as I brushed his bangs from his eyes.

            “What are you doing to yourself?” I asked him thinking that he was asleep.

            He opened his eyes and caught me staring at him. I immediately withdrawn and stood up ready to scold him.

            His cousin told me of what had happened. He had overworked himself and spent an entire night working in the pouring rain, just to help their workers finish their current project.

            “We needed the good approval rating since we are just beginning as a firm.” He explained while I continued to give him the scrutinizing mom look.

            “I guess I miss my shot at asking you out then.” He said sadly.

            My gaze softened and I sat beside his bed.

            “I really like you Dr. Kim. You are the only woman who has made my heart beat this way. The only person who make me want to wake up each day with a bright smile on my face. Just the thought of seeing you makes me happy and energized. You are like my vitamin.” He said shyly.

            I giggled, then looked at him and said.

            “I like you too Mr. Park.”

            “Does this mean that I can ask you out?” He asked hopefully.

            “Not yet! You have to woo me first.” I teased. We both smiled at each other. I got up and patted his head.

           “You have to get well soon. I expect a lot of gummy bears when you get better.” I said as I left the room.

 

            Immediately after he got discharged he started courting me. I would always receive a bouquet of flowers each day. It would always contain love quotes accompanied by a box of sweets. When he figured out that I liked roses he started sending me different kinds of rose every day, each with its special meaning. His sweets also varied from chocolates, to gummy bears, to pastries he himself had baked. This lasted on for three months before I finally said yes. I had to restrain myself from saying yes on the third week. I really liked him and the fact that he was also very romantic added to his gentleman points.

            Our first date was in an amusement park. It was very childish but I really enjoyed it. We shared our first kiss while riding on a ferry’s wheel. It wasn’t my first kiss since he was not my first boyfriend but it felt like it. It was perfect and magical and everything a girl could imagine. It was then that I realized that he was my Mr. Right.

           

            My hand gripped the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles started to turn white. My eyes drifted to the endless rows of trees on either side of the road.

            What are you doing? My inner voice asked me. Did you even consider that this might endanger you and the baby? My voice barked at me.

            “Shut up!” I yelled at myself. I knew I wasn’t thinking straight but there was no going back now.

            I had to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter