Leaving

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finished three chapters last night and I'm thinking of doing a triple update. Someone took back their upvote. Hmm, oh well I can't please everybody. Tell me what you guys think about this chapter! To my avid readers and subscribers thank you all so much for the views and comments! You guys keep me going. 

Chapter 21

Leaving

            I stared at the ceiling of the room wherein I was confined. My mind was in chaos, I was confused, scared and well angry. So all this time the man I had lived with wasn’t a man but a monster. It led me to ask questions which no one could answer but him. Was he even Jungsu? Or was he someone else? Why did he tell me to run when he was going to chase after me anyway?

            I was hurting so much from the injuries. I had numerous scrapes all over my body not to mention the bruises I had. A tear escaped my eye again and soon I was crying from the pain and the loss. Did this mean that my husband was dead all along? That the person I brought home was not my husband. I curled up into a ball and prepared to wail until I was voiceless again.

            “Taetae.” I heard a soft voice call me. I looked up and saw Tiffany coming into the room bringing a tray of food. She placed the tray near the bed and sat beside me caressing my back in circles. I knew that she was comforting me and I was thankful for that.

            “You know its ok to be sad but you have to be strong.” She told me.

            I hadn’t told anyone yet that the monster was Jungsu. Donghae was panicking looking for his cousin. The only statement I could give was the fact that that thing broke into the house. Police were making up assumptions that the beast or whatever it was that attacked me killed my husband. I almost laughed when they told me that.

            Oh if only you knew that the monster was him. I wanted to say that out loud but I held my tongue. I couldn’t make assumptions on my own because I didn’t actually know the full detail of the story. Even though it might sound crazy but I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to know the truth. Was really he my husband? Only he could answer the questions that I had but I couldn’t possibly ask him that question face to face.

            “Taetae are you listening?” Tiffany asked me. I snapped back from my trance and looked at her with sorry eyes.

            “You know what, never mind what I said, you need to rest.” She told me as she fluffed my pillow.

            “Thanks Fany. Even though we are not really related you still care for me, you and Sica. I don’t know how I could cope up with all of this if it wasn’t for you two.” I told her. She gave me her eyesmile and hugged me tight.

            “What are you talking about? You are already a family member to us. You’re like our long lost sister.” She joked as she gave me another hug.

            The door opened and Jessica came in. She faked a gasp when she saw us.

            “Fany how could you! You were cheating on me all this time!” She said.

            “It’s not what you think!” Tiffany said acting out the lover who had been caught part.

            I stared at the two in amusement.

            “I don’t love you any more Fany Taengoo stole my heart.” Jessica said as she came over to me and gave me a tight hug.

            “No!” Tiffany said while faking a sob. We all ended up laughing after that.

            “It’s good to see that you are laughing now Taengoo!” Jessica told me using her aegyo. I giggled she was so cute, I wanted to pinch her cheeks but my arms ached.

            “Now Taengoo time for you to sleep, it’s already past 8.” Jessica told me while Fany made me more comfortable in bed.

            “Yes Sicachu!” I while Tiffany laughed. Jessica gave me a death glare but soon dropped it and patted my head.

            “Get some rest ok we will be outside if you need us.” She told me.

            “Where will you two sleep?” I asked them.

            “Fany and I are helping the staff.” Jessica told me.

            “Why?” I asked while I leaned back feeling the drowsiness covering my eyes.

            “There was another attack ….” She said but I fell asleep and didn’t hear the rest of the sentence.

 

            I felt cold like the room was covered in ice or something; maybe someone stupidly turned the air conditioner on high. I flinched when I felt a warm hand caressed my cheeks.

            “I’m sorry.” I heard a voice say.

            “I never meant for this to happen.” I realized that it was a male’s voice. My eyes flew open and I saw Jungsu hovering over me. Panic filled my head as well as fear. I lost my voice momentarily.

            I stared at him angrily and said.

            “What are you doing here you monster?!” my voice sounded hoarse. I saw pain flicker through his eyes but I dismissed it.

            “Stay the hell away from me!” I said again. I hated my condition right now, because my throat ached and I couldn’t scream.

            “I’m sorry I never meant to hurt you.” He said in a gloomy voice.

            “Never meant to hurt me? You almost KILLED ME!” I snapped back.

            “It was never meant to be like that, you were supposed to stay inside.” He reasoned.

            “And what wait for you to kill me?!” I retorted angrily.

            “NO! I would never hurt you!” He said while he tried to touch my hand.

            “Well you just did! Don’t you dare try to touch me you are NOT MY HUSBAND!” I said. He retracted his hand and looked at me sorrowfully.

            “I used to be your husband, but I guess when you turn into another specie the marriage becomes void.” He said.

            “No you are not him! He is dead! You are a monster!” I managed to yell at him with my hoarse voice.

            “I was a fool for believing that you would still accept me even though I was no longer human. I was an even bigger fool for thinking that you loved me enough to accept me even though I am what I am now.” He said as tears flowed down his eyes.

            I couldn’t speak I just looked at him.

            “Just so you know, I’m still me; I’m still that Park Jungsu who proposed to you that day in the restaurant. My memories are still here and so is my heart. But there was nothing I could do about my body. I tried so hard Taeng. I tried so hard to fight for my life that day in the mountains. I didn’t care what I would become. All that mattered to me was that I return to you alive because I knew you wouldn’t survive it if I died. Because I promised you I’d come back.” He told me as he glanced at the ring in his middle finger.

            “I promised to make you a queen not to make you a widow. I fought back and never stopped fighting even though the rest were dead.” He said.

            “But I survived. I was fine until you came back.” I said but I knew what came out of my mouth was a lie.

            “I know. I was a fool for thinking that you’d rather have a husband who was… a monster as you say it th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter