New Start

Black Mansion Series: The Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok so I did say that my next update will be next Saturday. After my exam I immediately wrote chapter 15 because I know that TIME IS GOLD and I don't have the luxury to enjoy it. Oh and I just listened to SNSD's Mr.Mr. 

Comment about what yout think about this chapter and as for some of the unanswered questions it will be answered in the next chapter. And by the way this is unedited. XD (I'm an evil author I know)

Chapter 15

New Start

            The ambulance halted at the hospital’s entry and was soon flocked by nurses and the medical team. The moment that I realized that the person in front of me was my husband I immediately freaked out and acted like a crazy person that I was before. Upon reaching us the staff and my colleagues were dumbfounded at seeing him. I on the other hand was literally losing for the second time around. He was alive and now he was mortally wounded because of me. After recovering from their shock they immediately rushed to attend to Jungsu. He became the number priority of the staff. I was about to join them but Dr. Han restrained me saying I was not in a good condition.

            My friends calmed me down while accompanying me outside the emergency room. I was crying like there was no tomorrow and everyone tried to ease my mind telling me that he would be fine. They must have called my uncle because soon enough my cousin Sunny was racing down the hall towards me.

            “HE IS ALIVE?! HOW? WHY?!” She screamed at me but my uncle stopped her upon seeing my condition. We all had questions that needed answers but right now the only person who could answer them was in mortal peril because of me.

            The wait chipped at my strength but I didn’t bulge at all from my seat. My eyes never left the metal doors of the operating room. I felt Sunny’s hands around my shoulders as she told me that everything would be fine. We waited and waited as two whole hours flew by.

            It felt as though the air around the hallway had vanished and we were all breathless when Dr. Han came out of the room. Her gloves were bloody and there were stains on her clothes. I immediately ran to her hoping and praying that I would hear that he is fine now.

            “His condition is stable now but I suggest we place him in intensive care for precautions the injury in his head is fatal.” Dr. Han told me in the calmest way she could. I relaxed a little and sat on the chair while my uncle talked to Dr. Han. I had momentarily out upon hearing that he was safe.

            “We will transfer him to a room in the ICU…” I heard Dr. Han say while I sat there trying to wake myself up from my trance.

            “Taeng I know you want to see him.” Dr. Han told me while touched my shoulders. I nodded while Sunny led me to the room where he would be placed in.

            “I’ll call Hae and tell him about Jungsu.” Sunny told me while I nodded like a zombie whose brains had just decayed.

            “You ok?” My uncle told me but I didn’t respond. I heard him sigh and say something like going to get food but I really couldn’t understand anything besides the fact that my husband was alive.

            Sunny left to call Donghae and the rest of our family while my uncle went to the canteen to grab some food. I couldn’t understand my feelings should I cry or be happy? He was freaking alive and he didn’t even make an effort to come back to me?! I felt hot tears roll down my eyes should I be angry? Or should I rejoice?

            I looked up as I saw them bring Jungsu into the room all thoughts of hating him had vanished and all I could feel was the intense joy of seeing him. After the nurses had left I went over to the bed, pulled a chair and sat beside the bed. He had changed a lot he had grown a seriously thick beard and his features looked more robust and worry worn. I touched his cheeks as tears fell from my eyes. There were numerous tubes connected to his body. An oxygen tank was near his bed, there was dextrose, a heart monitor and other things which I was too dazed to recognize. There was a cast around his leg and his head was bandaged up. Even though he looked like a wreck he was still undoubtedly alive.

            “He’s alive.” I kept on repeating that statement over and over again like a broken record. I don’t know how long I had stared at his sleeping form I just sat there admiring his features. My uncle and cousin gave up trying to talk to me and just went home to get my things and even his. I never threw away his stuff they were all in place at our house.

            My eyes soon fluttered and I found myself leaning towards the bed and resting my head in my arms. The sleepless nights got the best of me and I happily slumbered beside my injured husband.

           

            I stirred a little as I felt fingers my hair weakly. I rubbed my sleepy eyes as I slowly woke up from my rest. I let out a yawn and stared at the beautiful eyes looking at me weakly.

            “Hey.” I greeted him. He smiled and I felt my world suddenly brighten. His new rough features dissolved into his old self as he smiled. His dimples showed and his eyes twinkled with warmth.

            “Hey beautiful.” He greeted back with his angelic smile.

            I was really nuts one moment I was calm the next I was sobbing uncontrollably in his embrace. I couldn’t hold back the tears. He hand caressed my back silently while I wept. All my frustration, pain and grief poured out of my system. After what seemed to be an eternity I calmed down but I never left his embrace in fear that I might wake up and find out that everything was a dream.

            “You are real right?” I asked him while he hugged me close giving light pecks on my hair.

            “Do you want me to be not real?” He asked me. I shook my head and let out a whimper.

            “I can’t believe that I am finally holding you in my arms.” He said to me weakly while his head leaned on mine.

            “Oppa what happened to you?” I asked him as I left his embrace and sat in the chair beside the bed. I faced him and waited for his explanation.

            I listened as he told me of the hardships he had undergone. He couldn’t remember much about the incident all he could remember was waking up in a remote village where he was healed by the townsfolk. He lived there for months as a lumberjack. He had lost his memories and all he could remember was my face. While he stayed in that village he had acquired a new name.

            “A wise old man called me Leetuek.” He said while he smiled. He had lived a hard life there but he was eternally grateful to them he told me. As the months went by he suddenly began to remember things but the memories he remembered were mere fragments.

            “Those fragments of memories all contained the same thing and that was you.” He told me while touching my right cheek gently.

            “My memories were blurred and all that was clear was your face. I sort of realized that I lived somewhere near the city but where and how I could get there was the impossible question I could never answer back then.” He said while closing his eyes in contempt.

            He told me that it was just a month ago that he learn of the location of the resort after they delivered some lumber and he suddenly realized that he was familiar with the place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter