Free: Sunggyu Special

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the oldest, I’ve always been forced to do my best, to show my little sister what’s right and wrong. But everything I did, my parents always found a flaw. It started a long time ago, but I didn’t pay much attention to it. I only thought, “Oh, they’re doing this for me. They’re doing this to help me.” But eventually, it grew worse. I couldn’t stay out with friends, I couldn’t listen to the music I wanted to. I couldn’t do anything. That’s why I left. I wanted the feeling of being free.

 

“Oppa, why are you leaving?” she asked me. She tugged on the hem of my shirt and looked up at me with tearful eyes. I pulled my shirt away from her and continued to put my clothes into the bag. “Oppa, don’t leave me. I need you...” she begged. I stopped.

“I’m sorry Mikyung. I’m being selfish but I have to do this. I don’t want to live here anymore,” I said. I blinked a few times and then went back to packing. She fell down onto the floor and started to sob. I ignored her, but it wasn’t long before I felt hot tears pricking at my eyes.

“Oppa, don’t leave...” she kept saying.  I knelt down in front of her and put my hands on her shaking shoulders.

“Mikyung-ah, don’t cry. Oppa is sorry for leaving you, but this...this is really important to me.” She shook her head and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

“Don’t leave...”

I sighed and smiled sadly. “I love you. Remember that.” Then I stood up, took my bags, and left the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter