Forever

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo and I got married a few years after I came back. So far, the past years have been the happiest I’ve ever had in my entire life. I went through therapy and after a lot of sweat, blood, and tears, I could walk again. The owners of my old house moved out and Myungsoo and I bought it. We live there now with our daughter and twin boys. It’s been a decade since I left America and almost fifteen years since my father died, but I had stopped hurting. Everything I did wasn’t because I was hurting anymore. It was for Myungsoo and my kids.

 

“Omma!” I felt tiny hands grab onto my pants and a squeal of laughter. “Noona’s tickling me!”

“Come here!” I felt the little hands be pulled away and then more laughter and the sounds of feet running through the house.

“Are you sure you can handle three kids at home alone?” Myungsoo asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I smiled. “I handle four kids every day, I’ll be fine.” I heard him make an annoyed noise and I laughed. I continued to scrub the dishes and I felt Myungsoo kiss me on the cheek.

“I’ll see you later then,” he said. Myungsoo pulled away and called to the kids, “Appa’s leaving for work!” Minwoo and Soomi ran from the living room to Myungsoo. There was a chorus of “Bye, appa!” and I turned to find them giving Myungsoo kisses on the cheek.

“Come home soon, appa. There’s Spiderman tonight, we have to watch it together!” Minwoo yelled.

“He’s supposed to watch a movie with me tonight!” Soomi argued.

“Kids, your dad has to go to work, let him go,” I said. I wiped my hands on the towel and picked up Minwoo who was tearing up.

“Appa said he’d watch a movie with me...” he whined.

“I’ll watch it with you. Get your brother and set up the movie,” I said. I put him down on the ground and he ran from the room laughing.

“Omma’s watching with me!” He blew a raspberry at Soomi and yelled out his twin’s name.

“Go, Myungsoo, you’re going to be late.” I pushed him out of the kitchen and he put on his shoes.

“Bye!” He gave me one last wave and closed the door.

I felt hands grab my pants again and found Soomi looking at me with large eyes. “Omma, are you really watching the movie with them?” she asked. I nodded. “What about me? Can I watch too?” So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter