Sleep

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I came home really late yesterday. All I wanted to do was lay down and sleep without any disturbance, but that’s impossible in this house. I was greeted once again by the yelling of my parents. Sungjong had locked himself in Sunggyu’s room and didn’t come out to greet me like every other day. The only thing I could think was, “Maybe this is how my life was destined to be.”

 

I came to school with dark bags under my eyes. I arrived at class and went to my seat. Woohyun watched me and politely stopped his conversation with his partner. He came and sat next to me. “You okay? You look dead.”

I shook my head. “Tired...” I mumbled. Woohyun rubbed circles into my back and then patted it.

“We still have 10 minutes until class starts. Take a nap. I’ll wake you up when class starts.” I mumbled a “thank you” and put my head down. It wasn’t long until I felt someone shake my shoulder and tell me, “Wake up Mikyung. Class is starting!”

I looked up groggily and rubbed my eyes. The teacher was staring at me with a displeased expression and I bowed my head. “Sorry,” I said.

She shook her head and turned around to face the board. I took out my textbook and turned to the page that she wrote on the board. As soon as she started her lesson, Myungsoo slipped a piece of paper onto my textbook. I glanced at him and then unfolded it.

“Tired?” it said. A small smile grew on my lips when I saw his messy handwriting. I put the paper in my pocket and looked back up at the board. When the teacher was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter