Rain

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I seem to meet him at the most random times and we have the most awkward conversations. He told me something the day we walked to school together. He said I was more than his partner now. He said that I was his friend and that he wants me to tell him whatever I feel like telling him. He was probably joking, but there was this small part of me that wished he wasn’t.

 

It rained today. I was halfway to school when I felt the first drop on my head. And then another came, and another, until it was pouring. By then, I was already running. I used my binder to cover my head, but that didn’t really help. I was two blocks away from the school when I felt someone running next to me. I usually walked with Jinah to school, so I instinctively thought it was her. That was until “she” spoke.

“Forgot your umbrella too?” I glanced to the left and, to my surprise, it was not Jinah but Myungsoo.

“I didn’t know it was going to rain,” I replied, out of breath. I heard him laugh next to me and a small smile grew on my face.

We arrived at the school soaking wet and shivering. I opened the door to the main building and a blast of warm air hit me. I started to walk slowly in the direction of my first period class. Hwayoung came up to me and hugged my arm.

“So...I saw you come in with that one guy today,” she said, walking in sync with me.

I sent her a look. “And?”

She smiled at me. “He’s your partner isn’t he?”

I nodded. “What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter