Forgiven

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was horrible, having to look at my father on his deathbed. He wasn’t even conscious, which made me very worried. I turned around in my chair to look at Sunggyu, I wanted to see if her really cared; he was crying. At that moment, I came to the conclusion that he really did love us. So I forgave him. I put my trust in his again. The only thing I want in return was for him to stay with me forever after this.

 

Sunggyu pushed me back to my room. My mother had chosen to stay with my father and left me alone with Sunggyu. It was quiet between the two of us until we reached the door to my room. “We need to talk, Mikyung-ah,” he said. I flinched. Every time he said my name that way, a wave of nostalgia hit me. It brought back so many memories, good and bad ones. “I don’t want you to keep ignoring me like this.” I chewed on my lower lip as he opened the door and I wheeled myself into the room. I sat facing the wall, my hands in my lap, and I felt Sunggyu pull a chair next to me.

“I forgive you,” I mumbled. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw a surprised expression grow on his face, but it was soon covered by confusion, then it all disappeared.

“I’m not looking for forgiveness. I want to talk to you,” he replied.

“Sunggyu, can we not do this right now?” I said, turning to look him in the eyes.

“Why not? Mikyung please don’t do this. I know I hurt you, but please. Don’t push me away like this,” he pleaded. I looked away and I heard him sigh and lean back on his chair.

“Can you put me back on the bed? I’m tired,” I whispered. I saw him perk up and look at my direction. He gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter