Friends

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are times where I feel like I’m about to explode. But exploding would only make things worse, so I keep it in. They tell me bottling it up isn’t good and that I should let it all out. But what do they know? I know they’re only trying to help but I don’t need them. I can handle my life by myself. At least I think I can.

 

“Oh, that’s nice...” I mumbled. Hwayoung was telling us about what happened on her date with her boyfriend yesterday. The others, Taeyeon and Jinah, were paying attention, whereas I was staring out the window. I looked down at the ground below and saw the other students walking around.

“Mikyung, are you listening?” I turned from the window and looked at them. All of them were used to me spacing out, just as I was used to the arguing. Taeyeon, who I deemed my “best” friend in the group, had the look in her eyes. Being "best" friends, we had this way of silently communicating with each other, and “the look” was what she gave me when she thought I needed to let out my feelings. She always seemed to know when something was bothering me, that was why she was my best friend.

Taeyeon nodded her head towards the door and I blinked. She stood up and the other two looked at her. “I’ll be back. I’m going to have a quick talk with Mikyung.” They nodded.

Hwayoung and Jinah knew that I have troubles, but that was it. “Troubles,” was always my excuse when I wasn't feeling well or when I just wasn't in the mood. They never as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter