Goodbye

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since we ended. I haven’t seen or had contact with him since. I miss him, a lot. Taeyeon came over afterschool one day to tell me he hasn’t been himself. He leaves during lunch and doesn’t come back for the last half of school sometimes. I’m worried for him. Even though I promised him, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to come back. But I think it’s better this way. It’s better he forgets me and moves on.

 

Sunggyu carried me to the car and put me into the backseat. I watched as he folded the wheelchair and put it in the back of his car. He closed the trunk and moved to the front of the car and opened the door. “Put your seatbelt on,” he said. He sat down and only when he heard the click did he close the door and buckle his own seatbelt.

I looked back out at the house and the “For Sale” sign that was staked in front. I pressed my hand on the window and watched the house as the car slowly moved. “I’m going to miss this place,” I mumbled to myself.

“I told Taeyeon and your other friends to meet us at the airport,” Sunggyu said.

“Hmm.”

The rest of the ride was in silence: Sunggyu focusing on the road, while I was focusing on coming up with a list of things I was going to miss about Korea.

 

“Take good care of my girl okay? I’m gonna miss her. I want pictures of her every month,” Sunggyu demanded. His friend, who also happened to be Dongwoo’s older brother, nodded with a smile on his face.

“Don’t worry. She’s safe in my hands.” He patted the hood of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter