Pain

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn’t believe that I’m going back. A month passed by like nothing, and here I am now, sitting on a plane next to Myungsoo. A few hours earlier, I was hugging my mother at home while she cried into my shoulder. That was when I noticed that after all these years, I’ve gotten used to seeing her do that.  That was when I noticed that I had gotten used to all the pain.

 

“Do you need anything?” Myungsoo asked.

I shook my head. “I’m fine.” He pushed my head down to lean on his shoulder and his head leaned on mine.

“Minha’s missed you a lot. She comes over to me once in a while and asks me when you’re coming back.”

The corner of my lips tugged upwards. “Did you tell her I was coming back?”

“Nope. She thought I went somewhere with Howon and Dongwoo for a month.” In the dark, his hands found mine and we laced our fingers. “She’s going to love me after this,” he said.

“How old is she again?” I asked.

“Eleven,” he answered.

I hummed in reply and we sat in silence for a while until a flight attendant walked past. “Do you want a drink?” she asked. Myungsoo lifted his head from mine and asked for water. Then, he turned and looked at me.

“You?”

“Water, please.”

A cup of water was given to me and the attendant continued to push the cart down the aisle. After he finished, Myungsoo leaned on my shoulder and pressed a button on the mini-TVs that was in front of him. I fished my iPod out of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter