iPod

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lost my iPod. I’ve searched for it everywhere, in my pockets, my backpack, my horrible mess of a room, even around the school and it’s nowhere to be found. My friends have noticed the change in my mood. I live because of my music; it’s the only thing other than my friends that keep me sane. That iPod is my life. Sunggyu-oppa gave it to me. It’s probably the only thing I have left of him other than memories and ripped up pictures.

 

I kicked the pebbles on the pavement in front of me, a frown decorating my face. Jinah was sick today so there was no one to walk to school with. Usually if I left my house this early, I would be listening to music, but now I can’t. “Stupid! Where’d that stupid iPod go?” I mumbled to myself. That was how I walked to school, angry, frustrated, and tired. 

After half the school day was over, we were dismissed for lunch. I groaned and I buried my head in my arms as the teacher left the class. I felt someone sit next to me and heard them unwrap their lunch. “Still didn’t find that thing yet?” they asked.

I looked up with an accusing expression. “If I found it, I’d be much, much happier and be my normal self, Nam Woohyun.”

“This is your normal self...” I heard him mutter and I rolled my eyes. Taeyeon came and sat down in front of me, placing her lunch box on my desk, her hands propped up and her hands supporting her chin.

“Mikyung, are you done with the report yet?” she asked. I shook my head and put my head down.

“Yah, stop acting like you’re dying. It’s creeping me out, woman,” Hwayoung scolded. I felt her fingers pull my hair from my face and tie it up into a ponytail.

“Bring me back my iPod,” I mumbled.

“You’re overreacting. It’s just an iPod. Get a new one or something.”

“Don’t say that!” Taeyeon hissed. “Her brother gave that to her...” I heard her hit Hwayoung and a small, “Ow.”

There was a silence between the four of us, but then I heard the scraping of a chair and a presence next to me. “What’s with her? She looks dead.” It was Myungsoo. I could tell from his voice and the way he spoke.

“She lost her iPod,” Woohyun answered.

“Don’t judge her. The only reason she’s living is that iPod,” Taeyeon added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter