Talk

Because I'm Hurting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo told me this morning that Soyeon left that morning to go back to her home because spring break is about to end for her. I faked a smile and told him that I would miss her, which I really would. What was sad was that I was getting close to her. Coming to his house every other day for a week and seeing her bonded us somehow. Maybe it was the similarities we shared or maybe it was the talks we had. It seems to me that every person I want and need in my life is leaving me. Why is it this way? Why am I always alone?

 

“We’re working on the PowerPoint presentation tomorrow right? Promise?” Myungsoo asked me as he watched me put on my shoes.

I nodded. “I might be a little late though,” I said. I saw him his head to one side, looking at me with a confused expression. “Sungjong-oppa’s leaving tomorrow,” I explained and he nodded. He opened the door for me and I walked out, swinging my backpack onto myself. “Bye, partner.”

“Friend!” he corrected with a smile. That smile. The smile that makes my breath hitch in my throat, the smile that can brighten up my day. That smile. I smiled back and waved at him. I walked into the street and turned right, direction to my house when I heard him yell at me. “Are you sure you want to walk home alone? It’s almost dark and it’ll be dangerous.” I froze. It was like the first day I came to his house, which was two months ago. I turned slightly and saw him standing in front of his house. I bit my lower lip.

After a moment of thinking, I slowly shook my head. “No thanks.” They were probably at it again, fighting over who should drive Sungjong to the airport tomorrow. I almost missed the flash of disappointment that covered his face, which was masked by a small smile after.

“Oh...okay. Get home safely and message me the moment you step into your room.” He gave me another smile. Again, that smile. I nodded and continued my walk home. The whole time I was thinking, “He cares about me. Myungsoo cares.” The whole time, I was smiling like an idiot. An idiot that was in love.

 

But unlike my promise to him, I didn’t come to his house the next day. I didn’t even go to school. I didn’t go to his house or school the next day, nor did I the day after that. I couldn’t. I was in the hospital, sitting in a wheelchair. My mother came to visit my father, Sungjong, and me, and she told me that Taeyeon had called the house many times. Hwayoung, Jinah, and Sungyeol came to the house to see where I was also. All the things she told me about my friends hurt me. My mother also gave me her phone, telling me that she gave Taeyeon and the others her number so that they could talk to me. After I had texted Taeyeon to tell her I was alive, the phone vibrated every hour.

Sungjong’s phone was ringing non-stop too, but unlike me, he wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter