First Date

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

I zipped up my jacket and wrapped my white scarf around my neck. Sure it was March now, but it was still freezing outside. I wondered how we would pull off a picnic... Regardless, I finished getting dressed and opened my front door to look outside. I was waiting for Sehun to come and pick me up. Seeing that he wasn't here yet, I closed the door and came back into the warm house. My mother was on the phone and my dad sat beside her, occasionally whispering things to her. With a serious expression on their face, they must be in the middle of something important.

Luhan came out of his room when he heard the door open and closing. "Mi-hyun, what time is Sehun coming?" He asked.

I glanced at the clock on the wall. Sehun was 5 minutes late, which was surprising considering that he had never been late before. "He should be here any second now," I replied.

The pink haired boy looked at me with a smile, "I'd never be late on a date with you."

I shot him a glare. "You are always barely on time."

"I'll definitely be on time for you," he sang and looked at me teasingly. 

How could he says such a thing so lightheartedly? I mean, it should hurt himself for him to still over romanticizing our relationship. I rolled my eyes at him before turning away to check outside again. Luhan walked up next to me and also looked out. "Mi-hyun, where are you going today?"

"I'm actually not too sure. I think Sehun's got it planned out," I answered.

Luhan smiled. "Do you think I can tag along? The more the merrier, right?"

"NO. You CANNOT come with us," I immediately replied and frowned.

My brother faked a sob and rubbed against me. "Please Mi-hyun, I need to keep you away from danger."

I looked at him and noticed the slight grin on his face. "I need to keep away from you," I shot back and pushed him away. "Grow up, you are not a child anymore. Go do your homework or something. I probably won't stay too late." 

"Fine, fine. But just saying, if you ever feel like dumping Sehun, I'll always be free for you," he said, refusing to drop this topic.

Somehow, his words made me feel more secure, but at the same time, more guilty. Before I could speak, the doorbell rang. Luhan looked at the door and I walked over to open it. 

Opening the door, Sehun's figure was revealed and my heart pounded in excitement. He waved and greeted me. My boyfriend was more adorable than ever. He wore a white knitted toque on his head. Behind him stood Mina and Kai, who were wearing matching hats and holding hands. I was a little surprised to see them here as well but smiled widely and invited them inside.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are finally here! Come on inside!" I said excitedly and took Sehun by the hand. The boy smiled at me nervously and walked in, followed by Mina and Kai. Wait, why did he smile nervously? 

I turned around to lead them inside, Luhan stood at the side and looked at Mina and Kai in confusion. "Why are you two here?"

Kai chuckled. "Well, hello to you too, Luhan."

I looked at them and smiled. "But yeah, why are you two here?" I asked as well and looked to Sehun for an answer. 

Before Sehun replied, Kai interrupted. "Because Sehun was nervous and wanted us to come along for a double date! Sounds fun, right?" The cheerful boy exclaimed and pulled Mina in for a hug.

"What?" I questioned and turned to Sehun. "Why are you nervous? It's not like we haven't been alone together before, we've done a lot of things together."

"Mi-hyun, I-"

"Oooh! What have you two done ALONE?" Kai once again interrupted and wiggled his eyebrows as he teased us. Mina giggled and the couple high fived each other. Luhan shot me a weird glance. 

Sehun's face was turning pink as he exhaled and flicked Kai's head. "You, Mr. Jongin, needs to shut up." Then he turned to me. "Mi-hyun, I have a question. Do you like Luhan's pink hair?"

I shot him a questioning look. Luhan also turned to Sehun and looked at him expectantly for him to explain his question. That came out of nowhere, and I didn't have an answer for it. "Well," I started, trying my best not to hurt anyone's feelings. "Sure, it looks nice and cute on him I guess. But, sometimes it just attracts attention from other people and it makes Luhan look a little abnormal." Luhan raised his eyebrows at my words. "I mean, I think I like it," I concluded, and my brother was happy with my answer.

Sehun nodded. "I see..."

"Is there a reason why you asked?" I questioned. 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. "You see, I went-"

"Just show her, goddamn it!" Kai, for the third time, interrupted. Without warning, he grabbed Sehun's hat and pulled it off his head, revealing the pink hair underneath. I looked at my boyfriend, eyes opened wide. Luhan looked at him and snorted. 

It was super strange to see Sehun with colored hair, I could never have imagined him like this. His hair was fluffy after Kai took his hat off, it looked like there was a pink cloud on top of his head. Sehun with dark hair made him look mature and sophisticated, but with the pink hair, I started to notice a childish side of him. 

Mina stepped up beside me and nudged my arms. "Mi-hyun, tell him it looks fine. He's been worried at his hair during the entire time." 

I snapped back to reality and nodded along. "Yes, yes, it looks great!" Sehun stared at me, unconvinced. I walked up to him. "Seriously, I think it actually suits you very well. I really really like it! You shouldn't be insecure about it. Just looked at Luhan's arrogance even after dying his hair, you'll be fine." I tried my best to convince him.

"Are you sure?" Sehun asked skeptically. 

Luhan spoke up. "Of course, just look at how much Mi-hyun adores me. Follow in my footsteps and you'll get some love from her. But of course, she still likes me more," my brother sang. Sehun glared at him. 

I sighed and was tired of the arguments between my brother and my boyfriend. I picked up my bag from the ground and took Sehun by his hand. "Okay people, let's get going."

"Yeah, I really don't want to talk to Luhan," Sehun scoffed and tightened his grasp around my hand. The contact sent a wave of warmness into my heart.

"Don't worry too much about him, he was just being a jealous idiot," I said quietly, but what still caught by Luhan's sensitive ears. 

"I heard that!" My brother yelled from behind.

Sehun shrugged. "It's the truth."

"Whatever, you copy cat!" Luhan exclaimed.

I quickly dragged everyone out of the house before World War 3 could start. This sort of behavior was unacceptable to me. What would happen if I marry Sehun but Luhan would still be such an idiot? My husband would hate his brother in law, and the family wouldn't be peaceful. I frowned as I thought about the far future.

Mina poked my cheeks as I was deep in thought. "Why are you spacing out?" My best friend said.

"Sorry, I was just thinking how terrible it'll be if Luhan and Sehun kept up their fight," I answer half honestly. 

Sehun came up from behind and wrapped his arms around me. He placed his chin on my shoulder, I could feel his hot breath on my cheeks. "Sorry princess, I won't talk back to Luhan anymore if that makes you happy. I wouldn't want to upset my baby," he said softly, giving me the shivers. It was so strange to see Sehun behave like this after we started to date. I didn't mind, but the more touchy and romantic he became, the more he reminded me of Luhan.

Kai and Mina who watched us from the side giggled to each other. I felt heat rush to my cheeks. 

I stepped away from Sehun and went to Mina. I pulled her close to me and whispered. "That was kind of weird... I'm so not used to Sehun being like that."

Mina regarded me with confusion but then nodded. "I guess so, you guys just started dating, so it may take a while for you to get used to the skinship."

"Okay then, I'll try my best to adapt," I whispered back before heading back to Sehun who was chatting with Kai. 

For our double date, Sehun did indeed plan things out. First, the four of us would go to the mall together, and then head to the movie theater and watch Scorch Trials, the second movie in the Maze Runner series. My excitement grew as I thought about how perfect the date would be.

The bus station was our first destination. The four of us walked down the sidewalk, Mina and Kai together, followed by Sehun and I. When we arrived at the bus station, we waited. The four of us chatted and laughed, and under the influence of Kai, our conversation eventually went from Suho's money, to first love and first kisses. Kai proudly shared the fact that he kissed a girl that he liked in grade 5, and how he surprised her so much that she cried. Of course, only Kai could do this sort of thing. Mina confessed that her first kiss was actually with Kai and how she treasured the moment so much. 

"So, have you two kissed yet?" Mina asked with a grin.

I knew she was going to ask that question.

I didn't know what to say so I looked over at Sehun who agreed to Mina's question. "Yep," my boyfriend replied.

I tilted my head, confused by his response. "Wait, no, we never kissed yet-"

His lips crashed into mine before I could finish my sentence. I was surprised at first, but then relaxed as Sehun gently held onto my jaw, tilting my face upwards. My eyes were squeezed shut at first, and the only thing I could feel was the loud thumping of my heart, and Sehun's warm and soft lips. After a few seconds, I slowly opened my eyes and realized how close we were. Our bodies were touching and his head was tilted so out lips closed perfectly on each other.

That was our first kiss, and I was satisfied. It was passionate, yet gentle and calming. Our lips pressed together, but there were no other actions going on except for being so closely and tightly bounded. I felt Sehun's hand on my back, pulling me even closer against him. 

Out little makeout session ended when Mina came up and tapped my shoulder. 

"Mi-hyun, the bus is here, stop it now, people are starting to stare!" Mina whispered loudly into my ear. 

I immediately pulled back and looked around. Mina was right, an elderly couple eyed us weirdly before getting onto the bus. I was so embarrassed, but Sehun just smiled and took my hand in his.

"Now we have kissed," he said softly and smiled.

 

When we arrived at the mall, Mina and Kai insisted on getting some food. Sehun and I gave in to their begging and agreed. Mina and Kai bought a banana boat ice cream and shared it. Sehun and I did too. 

We sat at the tables in the food court and had our snack. To be honest, I didn't understand why they wanted to have ice cream in such cold weather. But I said not and went with the flow. 

The ice cream was cold and sweet as I scooped little bits and ate it. It was actually really good! I then scooped one of the three cherries on the top and ate it. Sehun chuckled as he watched in amusement.

"What is it?" I questioned after I swallowed the fruit. 

Sehun looked away. "I just thought you look so adorable."

I laughed. "Do you know what else is super adorable?" 

My boyfriend shook his head. "No, what else?"

"You pink hair!" I exclaimed and reached for his hat. But he caught my wrist and stopped me. I giggled. "Take it off!"

Sehun sighed in defeat. "Alright alright, go ahead." 

As soon as he loosened his grip, I reached up and pulled off his hat. Sehun looked around but calmed down when he saw that no one judged him. I laughed. "You look fine, stop being so shy!" Sehun puffed up his cheeks and did the aegyo. HE DID AEGYO! With the fluffy pink cloud on his head, he was so cute I wanted to cuddle with him. I just stared at him and suddenly, Luhan's hair flashed in my mind. Those two boys were really similar now...

"Can I touch it? It looks a little like cotton candy," I said with a smile. Sehun squeezed his eyes shut in embarrassment and nodded. I reached out and ran my hand through his hair. It wasn't as soft as it looked, I guess bleach indeed did harm hair. I vigorously ruffled his hair before pulling away, earning a gasp from Sehun who reached out for my hair. I quickly moved away.

Mina, who sat across from me, laughed. "Having fun?"

I grinned.

Kai scooped a spoonful of ice cream and held it up to Mina. "Open up!" 

Mina laughed and ate from Kai's spoon. Wow, they sure were enthusiastic. 

 

After we finished our food and shopped at the mall, we headed to the theater. There was a small line of people purchasing tickets. I needed to use the washroom at the time, and to conserve time, I asked Sehun and Kai to stay in line while Mina and I went to the washroom.

The washroom in the theater was fairly large and clean. I took care of my business and came out to wash my hands.

Mina was fixing her hair in the mirror. "How do you enjoy the double date, Mi-hyun?"

"It's pretty awesome, I can't wait to see the Scorch Trials, I loved the book!"

"You read the book? Wow, I didn't know you liked to read," she said.

I went to grab a paper towel to dry my hands. "I really like reading post apocalyptic genres, but other than that, I don't read much," I said as I finished wiping my hands and tossed the waste into the garbage. "By the way, Mina, is it just me or Sehun with pink hair really resembles Luhan a lot?"

Mina raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, but I kept on mistaking him for Luhan in my subconciousness," I answered.

My best friend shrugged. "I think I get what you mean. Their hair color is virtually the same, I'd get them mixed up too. But Mi-hyun, just focus on one of them for now."

After I was all finished, we went back outside to find Sehun and Kai waiting for us in the main hall. Kai held a carton of four slushies while Sehun carried two small buckets of popcorn in his hand.

"Oh my gosh, darling, you are so amazing!" Mina squealed and took a slushie from Kai before leaning in to give him a peck on the cheek. 

Kai smiled cheekily. "Sehun went to get the tickets and I got the food. It saves time."

I looked at Sehun. "You bought the tickets? I promise I'll pay you back."

"Pay me how?" My boyfriend questioned with a grin on his face.

I was a little confused. "How much do you want?"

"How much of what?" A teasing smirk began to form. 

I rolled my eyes at Sehun, I was sure he wasn't that dense. I never knew he could be such a tease. The pink hair, the changing attitude... 

We headed inside the theater where it was really dark. We managed to find out seats and not spill any food. There were already some other people sitting inside. The large screen in the front played movie trailers and advertisements.

When the movie started, everything was a wild ride. I munched on popcorn and drank my slushie as I was completely into the storyline. It was a very quick paced and suspenseful movie. I LOVED IT. During the scary parts of the movie, Mina clung to Kai's arms and the two eventually had a makeout session in the theater. But Sehun and I just watched the movie like a normal person.

The double date ended after we came out from the movie theater, full and exhausted. I called my dad to pick Mina and I up. Today's date was absolutely wonderful, I really loved hanging out with my friends. Somehow, I treasure Sehun more like a very close friend than a lover. Maybe it was just like Mina said, it would take me some time to grow used to this new relationship.