Planning

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

Narrator's POV

The white curtain was pulled back and bright sun light shone into the room. On the big king sized bed sat four boys, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kai, and Suho, all gazing on a particular spot on the wall. After a moment of complete silence, Sehun let out a growl and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"How can I do this perfectly? What if she rejects me again? What if it becomes too awkward? Even worse, what if she doesn't even want to meet up with me?" Sehun complained and let out a deep sigh.

Kai, who sat beside Sehun in the circle patted his back. "Dude, just calm down and try not to think too much. Besides, it's clear that Mi-hyun totally adores you, okay?" 

Sehun scoffed. "Easy for you to say. You already have Mina in your arms. How did you ask her out? Teach me," he whined and shook Kai. It was rare to find Sehun behaving like this since he was usually the calm and intellect one.

Suho spoke up next. "Kai is right, it's clear that Mi-hyun likes you too. Now, you just need to be the man and make the first move."

"But she rejected me before, I don't know how to ask again," Sehun said.

Baekhyun looked a Sehun and tapped his shoulder. "You either ask her, or you don't. If you ask, you have at least 50% chance of getting a 'yes'. If you don't ask, it's dead on 0%. I don't have much experience in dating, but I can clearly see that Mi-hyun will definitely say yes to you."

Sehun nodded. "I know, but, how do I ask her? Where should I ask her?" He paused for a moment before his eyes brightened up. "How about you three come with me? And call Mina as well. We can just casually hangout when I ask her out. It won't be as awkard, right?"

The three boys shared a glance before Suho spoke up. "Sure, we'll be there, and Kai will bring Mina with him." Kai nodded. "I'll book us a table at the new restaurant downtown. I've been there before, and it is really nice there."

Sehun was surprised by how quickly his friend agreed. But with their encouraging words, he instantly felt so much better.

"Let's have the date set on Valentine's Day. It'll be so romantic," Suho added and took out his phone to write a reminder for himself. Sehun was so touched by the elder's support. Suho was actually doing all this for him, and it meant so much to Sehun.

"Dude, I think you should also bring something for Mi-hyun on the day, like perhaps a rose. Girls like getting flowers, and they also like getting compliments. Tell her she is beautiful ad she is amazing, okay?" Kai suggested with a grin on his face.

Sehun chuckled. "Of course I know that. Mi-hyun is just so nice and amazing... I can't imagine my life without her," he said and paused to think about her. "Anyways, thank you guy so much. I really appreciate your help."

"It's our pleasure," Suho replied. 

"I wish you the best," Kai said. Without a warning, he reached out and wrapped his arms around Sehun. Sehun was surprised at first but gave him a brief hug before pushing the boy away.

"That was gay..." Baekhyun muttered from the side, and Suho laughed along.

Sehun looked at Kai after the hug and his forehead wrinkled. "Kai, you smelt really nice, but I somehow recognize that scent..." Sehun trailed off, trying to match Kai's smell with something familiar. He choked when he realized what it was. "Dude, why do you smell like my deodorant?!"

Kai laughed sheepishly and Baekhyun and Sehun immediately drowned in laughter. "I forgot to put on deodorant today. I saw you had one in your room, so I kind of used a little. What's wrong with that?"

"Everything! That is gross, man," Sehun replied and didn't know whether to laugh or cry at Kai's behavior. 

 

~~~~

 

Mi-hyun and Luhan sat together on the sofa, sipping hot chocolate as they watched a movie. It had been a long time since the two hung out like this together. Today was Feburary the sixth, and the snow outside of their house had began to melt. Spring was coming, and the weather was soothing and calm.

School started a couple of weeks ago, and things changed drastically for Mi-hyun and her friends. First of all, Xiumin and people were gone from their lives. Mi-hyun was glad that she didn't have to deal with them anymore, but felt slightly disappointed that she wouldn't be able to see Chen again. Luhan didn't get kicked out of school and he started to follow Mi-hyun around again. The two of them were more close than ever, and Luhan felt more attracted to her than ever.

Today was Saturday, and the two teens spent their day together and bonding. 

"Luhan, are you sure you are okay with this show?" Mi-hyun questioned, referring to the movie they were watching.

Luhan nodded and moved closer to her. "Yeah, it's good."

Mi-hyun just stared at him. "No, I mean this is a cheesy idol romance movie that girls love. But I doubt you'll take an interest to this."

He shrugged. "I don't care, I can learn about what you like, both about boys, and what they do to you," he replied with a grin on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" She laughed and pushed him away from her. 

"Say, what type of guys do you like?" He questioned. "For example, do you like older boys who can take care of you? Or guys that are younger and you can boss around? Or the forceful bad boys? I know that is a fantasy to all girls." 

The girl burst out laughing. "Where in the world do you learn about these stuff? But seriously, I have no idea, and I've never even met a 'forceful bad boy' before."

"Let's test it out," Luhan said and sat up straight. His expression became serious as he tried to mimic a bad boy. "I want to cuddle, now." Luhan said in a deeper voice and reached around her. She leaned in and placed her head against his chest. But it wasn't working, she couldn't help but laugh. In her eyes, Luhan was nowhere near being a bad boy.

"Hey, I don't think forceful bad boys would say something like 'I want to cuddle'," Mi-hyun said and giggled. Luhan smiled too. The two were still in a cuddling position. Luhan was warm to be with, now that he is the old Luhan again, she felt nice being around him. She tried her best to forget about what he did, and it was working, it seemed as if everything went back to how it was.

However, Luhan's words still lingered in Mi-hyun's mind, "But I don't have much time left".

What could he have possibly meant by that? She wondered. Was he sick? Did he have cancer? Mi-hyun grinned at her own little joke and looked at him.

"Mi-hyun, I know I am the most beautiful person you've ever met, but please refrain yourself from smiling so creepily at me," Luhan said with a smirk on his face.

Mi-hyun rolled her eyes at his words. "I was just admiring what a beautiful woman you are," she replied. The boy playfully flicked her forehead and the two laughed.

 

~~~~

 

"Damn, he is so hot..." Mina whispered to herself as she drooled over a photo of Kai on Instagram. It was a shirtless photo of the boy and his friends at the beach, posted over 40 weeks ago. But she didn't care, she liked it without a second thought. Mina loved him so much that she thought about him 24/7. 

As she scrolled further down the photos Kai posted, she felt her heart pound just at the sight of his pictures. It was crazy what love could do to someone.

Suddenly, her phone rang. The caller ID showed that it was Kai calling. She smiled upon his name and eagerly picked up.

"Hello?" She greeted her boyfriend.

The conversation lasted for quite a long time, and the things they discussed made a grin creep up her face. Mina smiled and nodded at the phone. Kai told her that the trio had planned something, and they wanted her to be a part of it. She immediately agreed.

"No problem. I can keep a secret. Gosh, I am so excited! Darling, you and your friends are amazing! I can't wait to see the looks on their face when they find out... I wasn't stalking your Instagram, I was just looking at your photos... Okay, I'll talk to you later... Bye!"