What's Their Problem?

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

Sehun and I sat awkwardly on the sofa, gazing at each other. I didn't know how to face him anymore. I practically had just rejected him. What now? Suddenly, I had an idea to light things up between us. With the cutest smile I could manage on my face, I turned to the handsome boy across from me. "Sehun, are you busy later?" I asked.

He looked at me and took out his watch. "Yes, but it's not important. Why?" He questioned.

"Do you want to go to have some desserts together? Food always lifts stress." I suggested and stood up, walking closer to him. 

Sehun nodded and stood up to face me. "Where do you want to go?" He asked.

I smiled, "Did you know I work at a cafe now? We could go there and get a discount." I said and laughed.

Sehun raised an eyebrow. "You work? At a cafe? Is it a maid cafe?" He teased. I shoved him lightly and turned away in embarrassment.

"Of course not! Okay, let's get going then." I said and walked toward the door, Sehun followed.

The two of us strolled down the street to the bus stop. It was a long quiet trip. None of us spoke. Was it because of the awkward situation we were just in? I suddenly felt sad about our friendship. It felt like a withered flower, dying in the spine breaking northern wind. Looking to my side at Sehun, the awkwardness was printed all over his face. My heart pained for a second and I took his hand.

Sehun jerked in surprise as my fingers latched around his. He looked at me in confusion. I shrugged and held on tight.

"Mi-hyun, you should let go," he said quietly and tugged his hand. I ignored his request and tightened my grip. Something flashed across his eyes as he raised his voice a little louder. "Let go," he said again and stopped in his tracks. I stopped too.

"What?" I asked, feeling a bit hurt by his cold behavior.

Sehun enhaled a deep breath before messaging his temple. "Listen Mi-hyun, I told you to let go, and you should listen to me. I know you are trying to comfort me, but it's not helping at all. Infact, every touch from you makes me feel worse. So, please stop... Just leave me alone for now and let my feelings calm down a bit," he said and pulled his hand harshly away from mine.

I nodded and bit my lower lip. I know I had rejected him moments ago, but already, I am starting to regret my decision. If I knew our relationship would become so awkward after my rejection, I would never have done so in the first place.

 

Sitting on the moving bus, I gazed out the window while Sehun looked the other direction. I thought about Luhan and Mina, where might they be right now? I was deep in thought when I felt Sehun's fingers tapping my shoulder, I turned to him.

"Mi-hyun, Suho and the others wanted to hangout, do you mind them joining out little visit the the cafe?" He asked.

Never in my life have I wanted there presence so bad. The situation might light up if the three joined us. They are life savers, thanks a bunch, mama Suho! I nodded with a grin on my face and Sehun smiled too. He texted Suho back saying we would love their company.

 

The three were waiting in front of the cafe door by the time we arrived. Kai waved to us, pushing Baekhyun who was clinging onto his arms away. Suho walked up and greeted us with a bright smile.

"Sehun! Long time no see, how's your summer so far?" Suho asked and playfully punched Sehun's chest.

Sehun forced a smile and nodded, "Great. How about you three?"

"Well, Kai and Baekhyun got into some trouble last week, they had a gang up their bums, asking for money. Good thing I arrived on time, or else those two trouble makers would be screwed-" Before Suho could continue, Kai quickly pushed Suho out of the way and Baekhyu took Suho's spot.

"We are pretty good and could use some sweet snacks right now, right Mi-hyun?" Baekhyun interrupted and pointed to the cafe. "Let's go in already!" He exclaimed and pushed me toward the door. The four of us rushed in under Baekhyun's physical influcience.

Stumbling inside the warm little shop that smelt like baked goods, I immediately bumped into someone familiar. 

With one of Baekhyun's shove, my face was planted into a boy's chest. I immdiately back away and apologized. "Sorry!"

It was Luhan. He stood there with a shocked expression with Mina behind him. I looked at him surprise, meeting them here was not in my expectations. "What are you doing here with Mina? Why are you two even together? Why didn't Mina come see my first?" Questions shot out one by one from my mouth.

Before my brother could reply, Mina jumped in front and pratically tackled me to the ground with a bear hug. "Mi-hyun! I missed you so much! We were just coming here to find you!" Mina squealed and squeezed me tight.

I smiled and hugged her back. "I missed you too." The boys stood around us, smiling from ear to ear.

The seven of us took over 2 tables at the corner of the shop. I sat with Luhan and Mina at one while Sehun sat with the moron trio. Mina and I sat on the same side and Luhan sat directly across from me. Suho bought all of us some desserts and we chatted. Sehun still doesn't look too well as the slice of cake on his plate was untouched. I frowned and looked away. 

Turning to Luhan, I swallowed the sweets in my mouth and nudged him. "Yo, what were you doing with Mina?" I questioned.

Luhan stared into my eyes for a moment before his lips curled into a teasing smile. "Are you jealous my little Mi-hyun? I know you love me a lot, but we weren't doing anything together," he said and laughed.

I shook my head in disbelief and turned to Mina. Mina looked at Luhan with a blank expression and swallowed the food in . "Yeah, we were making out in the closet," she said in sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

I chuckled and lightly punched her shoulder. "Mina, just tell me what you were doing with Luhan. I thought we were best friends? Why didn't you see me first?" I whined like a baby, trying to get her to spill the truth.

Mina and Luhan exchanged looks before answering my question. "Well, Luhan wanted to ask me something about you," she responded.

I raised an eyebrow, "About me? Luhan, what are you planning to do?"

The handsome boy laughed awkwardly and quickly changed the topic. "So Mi-hyun, why were you with Sehun and his friends when you were supposed to be at work?" Luhan questioned, and it was my turn to be stumped.

"Uh..." Do I tell them about Sehun's proposal or not? "Well I was excused early and Sehun just happened to come over?" I stuttered a little.

Luhan's lips pulled into a thin line and he suddenly looked gloomy. "What did you two do?"

"It's non of your business..." I said and looked away from him. 

Suddenly, Luhan leaned over the table towards me. Our faces were inches away. I gulped. The boy slowly tugged on my collar  and pulled me close to him. I felt heat rising to my face as I tried to escape from his gaze. 

"W-what are you doing?" I said in a whisper and focused my eyes ddownward.

Luhan released my collar and his hands went to my chin. A little more forceful than usual, he tilted my face up and forced me to face his serious gaze. 

"What were you doing with Sehun?" He asked again. 

I inhaled deeply and pushed him away before slumping down onto my chair.

Mina looked at us awkwardly. "Are you sure you two are siblings?" My face burned at her words.

I threw daggers at Luhan with my glare while he returned me with a smirk. Out of the corners of my eyes, I caught Sehun watching from the other table. , what will Sehun think of me now? Sehun stared at me with a puzzled expression and I turned my head away.

We were chatting and eating desserts, all was sort of well until the cafe door opened. I automatically turned to the door at the sound of the doorbells jingling out of my work habits. My eyes widened at the incoming boys. 

What are they doing here again?

It was the four boys from before who teased me while I was working, who popped Chanyeol's bike tires, who were causing trouble. I quickly looked away, hoping they won't spot me. Unfortunately, my hopes didn't exactly come true.

The back of my head was being poked. I held my breath and didn't turn around. Mina, who sat beside me backed away and Luhan stood up defensively.  

"Hello again, little waitress," a teasing voice sounded behind me. I had no choice but to face the four trouble makers. The really cute boy leaned in and looked at me from head to toe. Ew, did he just check me out? 

"Um..." I started, unsure of what to say. The sudden appearance of the four strangers also caught Sehun and his friend's attention. Suho gazed at them alarmingly while Baekhyun and Kai stood up. 

"You look awfully cute not wearing your work clothes," the cute boy said with a little smile. "We've never seen you like this before." He said and turned to his shady friends. 

No duh, we only met a couple days ago. I thought, but never said it. 

"What are you guys doing here again?" Luhan stood up for me and glared at the four boys.

The four ignored Luhan. "You brought your boyfriend again?" 

"He's not my-"

"Who's this cute lady? Your friend?" Their attention turned to Mina. Mina gulped and looked over to me for help. The tallest of the four boys smiled and pulled a chair beside Mina and sat down. 

"You are not bad looking and totally my type," he stated and nudged closer to my best friend. "My name is Tao, what's yours?" He asked. 

Mina intimately opened to reply. "My name is Mina."

A smiled spread on Tao's face, "Mina eh? It's a cute name, definitely suits you," he said and slowly brought his arms around her shoulder. I stared at them awkwardly and shifted my body uncomfortably in my seat. 

Mina pushed him. "Tao, you need to stop. What do you want?" 

The tall boy smirked, "I want you to go out with me." Mina's eyes widened and she jumped up from her seats. Suddenly, a fist flew across Tao's face. Tao jumped up from the chair. The table shook violently and a glass of water toppled over, spilling all over the surface. 

I turned around and saw Kai with his fist held up. He was the one who landed the punch on Tao's face. All the boys stood up and the tension lingered around the shop. Out of the corners of my eye, I noticed two customers rushing out of the cafe. 

Before I could say anything, the fight began. Tao and Kai were wrestling each other on the ground. Mr. Park, the shop owner, quickly rushed over and pulled Tao back while Suho and Sehun restrained Kai. The other three boys with Tao just simply laughed and watched. 

"You four again! Stop fooling around in my cafe. If you need to fight, go do it somewhere else and tone it down!" Mr. Park yelled at us. "Go, get out or I'm calling the police!" 

Kai glared at Tao with hatred in his eyes. "Let's take this somewhere else then." 

Just like that, we were kicked out. Honestly, it was the first time I've ever been asked to leave a store. Why was I even part of this?

Kai was clearly provoked by Tao's actions. He insisted on going to a nearby park to teach that Tao kid a lesson. Suho, Mina and I tried to stop him and convince him not to go for his own good. Sehun and Luhan remained neutral while Baekhyun encouraged Kai to beat their asses. The four trouble makers just snickered at us and agreed to fight. 

The boys decided to fight. I got my phone ready to call the police just incase something happens. The four strangers seemed dangerous, and I had a bad feeling, very bad feeling. 

 

A broken arm and a bruised face was the end of everything. Who could have thought that Tao was actually a Wushu expert? The fight lasted for about 3 minutes. Tao easily took down both Baekhyun and Kai with his fancy moves. Sehuh and Suho admitted defeat and apologized to the four boys who were kind enough to spare the rest of us. Luhan kept quiet during the entire time.

We immediately called a cab and took Baekhyun and Kai to a local hospital. After a couple x-ray scans, Baekhyun was announced uninjured, but Kai wasn't so lucky. He had fractured his arm. 

"Those ing bastards, I will kill them the next time I see them. Especially Tao." Kai said through his teeth.

Suho sighed. "We told you not to fight them. This is what happens when you don't listen to me." 

Baekhyun lightly touched the bandages on his face and cursed under his breath. 

Sehun looked at his friends and then at the cast on Kai's left arm. "Alright guys, this is ridiculous, we are definitely not going to let those four sit on top of us. They hurt our friends. From today and on, they become our enemy, and I swear, we will find a way to make them pay."

I was speechless for a moment. After those words came out from Sehun's mouth, my heart once again changed...