Everlasting Christmas (Part 1)

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

School ended three days before Christmas. The winter break had officially began. Everybody was ready to have some fun. Although there was quiet a lot of homework, I didn't feel so burdened about completing it. 

It was the first day of my winter break, I slept in and snuggled in my blankets, savoring the moment. When I finally decided to get out of bed, it was already 10:00 am. My parents also had their winter breaks starting today, so the entire family was home. 

I headed down stairs to have breakfast. My mom heated the pancakes for me and I dug in. As I stuffed my mouth full, the sleepy Luhan also wandered out from his room. He walked into the living room and greeted my mom and I. I forced a thin smile and didn't say much.

Luhan stood there and rubbed his eyes, his pink hair sat messily on his head like cotton candy. As if the boy was still half asleep, he trotted back to his room and shut the door. I continued to eat and my mother chuckled. 

After breakfast, Mina messaged me about a Christmas Eve dance that our school hosted every year. I didn't attend last year because I caught the flu during that time and missed the dance. But this year, I plan to go and have some fun.

I opened my phone to read Mina's texts:

Mi-hyun, do you have a dress to wear to the dance yet? And who are you going to go with? Oh my gosh I'm so excited for this, and Kai called me just now and asked me to the dance. He is so cute! Also, is Luhan coming too? 

I read her message and replied, saying that I already had a dress and I probably wouldn't have anyone to go with. I also congratulated her about getting a date at the dance and a little. I paused when I thought about Luhan. Although our relationship wasn't so smooth right now, I decided to ask him anyway. 

I hopped down stair and headed straight for Luhan's room. I knocked and waited before the boy let me in. He seemed a little surprised to see me standing in front of his door. He quickly ran his hand through his hair and gestured for me to come in. 

"So uh... Are you coming to the Christmas dance the day after tomorrow?" I asked.

Luhan thought for a moment. "I can't go. We are having a party at Xiumin's house."

I nodded, "Oh okay, but you should consider it, I heard it was really fun and they serve good food." 

"Mi-hyun, if you want me to go as your partner then just ask," Luhan said and I noticed a small smile surface up on his face. 

I immediately shook my head. "No way. I was just wondering if you are going or not. Also we can't go together. It would be awkward since we are siblings," I said before taking my leave. Luhans expression darkened and he didn't say anything else.

I replied to Mina's text saying that Luhan wouldn't attend and she said it was a pity since he has never been to a dance at our school yet. Mina then left because she needed to go dress shopping with her mom. I already had a dress, it wasn't fancy but it would do the work. 

There were no strict rules at the dance, everyone was told to have fun with or without a partner of the opposite gender. The attendees were not limited, as long as people bring their student ID from other schools in the city, indicating that they are high schoolers, they were allowed to attend. Therefore, the idiot trio, Suho, Baekhyun, and Kai were all coming as well.

For some reason, I knew Mina and Kai would be fond of each other. Also, I had always thought that they looked cute as a couple. Now that Mina had a partner, I would be such a loner at the dance. Inside my mind, I secretly hoped to be able to have a dance with Sehun who was also attending the dance. And my hopes went up when I received a call from Sehun after lunch.

I was doing my homework when my phone rang. As soon as I saw it was Sehun who was calling, my heart rate steadily increased by 200 percent. 

"Hey," I said.

There was a pause until a voice spoke, "Hi Mi-hyun!" I was a little startled when the voice I heard wasn't Sehun.

"Who is this?" I questioned.

"You can't even recognize my voice? Gosh, this is Baekhyun," the boy said and I realized.

"Okay... Why are you calling from Sehun's phone?" I asked, feeling much more comfortable knowing that it was Baekhyun who was speaking.

"Because Sehun is such a wimp," he said and burst out laughing along with some others in the background. "Anyways, never mind that, I have a question for you, Mi-hyun."

"Yes?"

"Do you have a partner for the dance yet?" Baekhyun asked.

"No, I'm probably just going with Mina since I'm such a loner," I said with a chuckle.

"Okay, thank you," Baekhyun said to me before talking into the distance saying something like 'I told you so'. I listened in confusion. After a short while, a new voice spoke, and I recognized this one. It was finally Sehun.

"Hi Sehun," I said into the speaker.

"Hello Mi-hyun, how's it going?" Sehun asked reluctantly as if he was about to say something else.

I paused for a second, "Uh, it's going good for me. Now, is there a reason you called? If there is, spill it," I said jokingly.

"Well, um, since I heard you don't have a partner yet... Would you like to go with me?" Sehun asked.

I almost squealed in delight. "Yes, definitely, I actually really want to go with you," I said a little bit nervously.

"Oh really? Well I am glad that you agreed. I'll go over to pick you up on the day of the dance okay? I'll text you the time later. Anyways, have a good day," Sehun said and I bid him goodbye before hanging up.

 

~~~~

 

On Christmas day, everyone around the house was busy.

Luhan gathered his things for the party which literally included a pile full of junk food. My brother left the house early in the morning when Xiumin picked him up. He told my parents that he wouldn't be back by tomorrow morning and headed out.

After lunch, my parents proceeded to dress themselves and prepare for their formal Christmas party which they will be attending. They kissed me goodbye before leaving and told me they probably wouldn't be home until two or three in the morning. 

I was left alone with plenty of time to prepare for my dance. The dance would start at 8:00 at night and continue until 10:00 pm. After that, I would head to Sehun's house with everybody else and have our own little celebration. 

Mina came over to my house two hours before the dance and the two of us decided to help each other with makeup and hair. We both curled our hair first. Mina decided to put her hair up while I let mine run down my back. Then, we applied makeup. Lastly, we put our dresses on. When we both stood in front of the mirror, we looked stunning!

Our hair hung down in perfect curls that bounced when we walked. Our neutral colored eye shadow glittered and our eye lashes were curled neatly and clump-free. Mina brought her vibrant pink lip gloss that made our lips shiny and glossy. 

Mina's dress was absolutely beautiful. It was a strapless turquois colored dress with a cute silky bow tie around her waist that hung at her back. The top wrapped around her chest snuggly and the lower section span out al little. The dress ended a little above her knee. The dress made her look young and adorable.

As Mina looked at me from head to toe, she spoke, "Wow Mi-hyun, I feel like we are in total contrast! Your dress is so different from mine. It looks fabulous on you. The silky velvet fabric makes you look so mature and y.  And I love how you chose a tight dress that wraps around you, it totally shows off your awesome curves."

I laughed, "What curves are you talking about? Are you trying to mock me here?"

"Well, you don't have a humongous , but your legs and collar bones are beautiful," she said and I rolled my eyes at her.

 

The boys came to pick us up right on time. The two of us quickly put on our jackets over our dress and jogged down the stairs at the speed of light when the door bell rang. When I opened the door, the sight in front of me almost blew my mind away.

There stood at the door, Oh Sehun, followed by Kim Kai, oops I mean Kim Jongin, both dressed formally in suits and ties. Their hair were gelled up and brushed back. Gosh, they were hot! 

"Oh my god, you ladies look gorgeous!" Kai exclaimed and didn't feel one bit wrong as he checked Mina and I out from head to toe. 

Sehun looked a little bit shy and greeted us like a normal person before complimenting on our looks. I told the two boys that they both looked very handsome as well before we went to the car. To my surprise, Kai was able to drive. He drove the car while Sehun rode shotgun. Mina and I sat in the back and was careful not to flat our hair or wrinkle our dress.

When we arrived at the large assembly dome that was used for the dance now, there were already plenty of people there. Everybody was formally dressed and chatted inside the warm dome. It began to snow outside, the white flurries danced down the sky and the moon came out. It was a beautiful and chilly night. 

Inside the dome, it was a little dark and the walls were decorated with posters, stars, and paper mistletoe that glowed. The food stands were at the end of the building and the stage and dance floor were in the middle. There was music playing loudly and couples dancing. 

After we put our coats away, Mina and I walked to the boys in dress and heels that made them blush. 

"Wow, I love your dresses," Sehun said and smiled.

"Mina, going strapless eh? What if some erts pull in down?" Kai said idiotically with a grin.

"I think you are the only ert around here!" Mina laughed and whacked him on the head. Sehun and I just watched them and smiled.

I poked Sehun's arm. "So where is Suho and Baekhyun?" I asked.

"Those two are at my house and helping with the preparations for tonight. They didn't want to come because they had no nice girl to go with unlike me," Sehun said and smiled sweetly. I blushed at his words since he indicated that I was nice and such. 

The next song that played was a slow and romantic song. I looked at the dance floor as many couple quickly gathered. Sehun turned to me and held out a hand. "May I have your first dance tonight?"

I nodded and took his hands shyly since I've never dance with a boy other than during dance lessons. The two of us intertwined fingers and headed for the dance floor. I gazed over to Mina and found her flirting with Kai, getting a little touchy.

My face went slightly warm as Sehun's arm wrapped around my back. I place my left arm around his neck and held on to his hand with my right. Our faces were close and our bodies were even closer. I avoided his gaze as we dance to the music. To my surprise, Sehun was very good at dancing, and he was outgoing too.

"Are you shy, princess?" Sehun said teasingly and pulled me even closer. 

I felt my face getting even hotter. "Princess? Since when did you have that kind of of calling me princess?" I replied and laughed.

"Wow, way to ruin the mood Mi-hyun," Sehun said and laughed too. 

I looked into his clear brown eyes that stared back into mine. He was so handsome and angelic, just inches away from me, dancing. I felt light headed for a second but quickly pulled myself together. 

The dance continued for a few minutes or so before we decided to take a break. 

The rest of the night went by quickly as we danced and ate and chatted. Mina and Kai were getting a little hot with each other. I occasionally caught them holding hands and even hugging while they were together. 

I had lots of fun during the dance. The experience was absolutely fantastic, except for one thing. Had I ever mentioned that I was terrible in heels? The dress was a little tight as well. I guess I just wasn't the type of person for this sort of activities. 

 

After the dance ended, we exited the large dome. When I stepped out from the warm building, the cold December air outside made me shiver and I quickly put my coat on.

We all got in the car. I was feeling a bit tired and sore, but Mina didn't seem to feel that way at all. She was a natural born party girl I guess. 

"So are we heading to Sehun's place now?" Kai asked from the driver's seat.

"Actually, before we go, can I go home first and change out of these? My feet are so sore right now," I asked.

"Yeah, me too. If we are going to stay late at Sehun's, I need my pajamas," Mina nodded along with me. 

"Alright ladies, so here is what we will do. I will drop Mi-hyun and Sehun first at Mi-hyun's house, then the two of us will go to Mina's. After we finish, we will go back and pick you two up, does that sound good?" Kai asked and we all nodded.

Sehun nudged Kai. "Dude, it sounds like you are purposely placing yourself with Mina, eh? Not that I mind at all to be with Mi-hyun," he said and turned to me and winked. I giggled and Mina rolled her eyes.

 

We followed our plan and Sehun and I were dropped off at my place. I unlocked the door and walked into my house. The light in the living room was on and I told Sehun to stay put downstairs and make himself at home. I then prepared him a cup of warm hot chocolate before heading upstairs.

It was around 10:30 pm and the entire second floor was dark. I quickly slipped into my room and flipped on the lights. I put my heels away in a box and took out my big comfy slippers.

When I went to my bed and was about to sit down, I jumped. There was someone in my bed with the covers pulled over their head. I backed off a little. "Who is it?" I questioned. However, the person didn't respond.

I walked closer and poked the figure underneath the blanket. "What are you doing?" 

The person sniffled and pushed the blanket away.

It was Luhan. He shielded his eyes from the bright light and looked at me. When I took a closer look, he had tear streams down his face.

"What happened?" I asked shakily and the boy sniffled again.