Valentine's Prank & Confession

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

The little shop still looked the same as the last time I came here. It was homely and the scent of delicious cake filled the store. Couples sat at the little round tables by the window, and behind the counter, stood Chanyeol, the son of the store owner. It was nice to be back here. I was busy with a lot of things lately and hadn't visited for a long time.

Mina followed as I walked up to the boy who was busy with the cash register. When Chanyeol looked up, he smiled and waved. "Mi-hyun! Long time no see. How have you been?" 

"I'm good," I answered and looked around the store. "I'm glad to see the store doing so well. How are you?"

"Good, good. I'm just helping out here again. It's almost Valentine's day, and it's getting busier here," Chanyeol replied I nodded. "I see you have brought a friend with you?" He questioned and looked at Mina who smiled and waved friendly.

I stood aside to let the two face each other. "Mina, this is Chanyeol. His dad is the owner of this store, and he helped me a lot when I worked here last summer." I said to Mina first and turned to Chanyeol. "Chanyeol, this is Mina. She is my best friend, and she really wanted to come to this shop today."

The two greeted each other and shook hands. After the two knew each other, Mina and I went to look around at the Valentine's day specials. Today, we came here for a special mission, to buy chocolate for the boys. Now that I think about it, I had a lot of close guy friends. There was Luhan, Sehun, and the idiot trio which consisted of Suho, Baekhyun, and Kai.

Mina and I decided that we should celebrate Valentine's day since we never did before. Other than Mina's chocolate to Kai, the other chocolates would be given as a 'friendly' present.

Looking at the different kinds of little cakes and chocolates on display, it was quite hard for us to make up our mind. In the end, I picked a small red velvet chocolate cake slice for my brother, a small box of white chocolate truffles. For the idiot trio, I bought them a big box of chocolate to share among the three of them. After I picked what I wanted, I waited for Mina. I swear, that girl took at least half an hour just trying to pick out a chocolate for Kai. She was too love struck, and to be honest, I was jealous of it.

Before we were about to pay for the desserts and chocolate, I quickly grabbed another small box of chocolate and then headed for the counter. Chanyeol was still there, smiling at us. 

"Are you girls getting chocolate for your boyfriend?" Chanyeol questioned as he typed into the cash register. 

I laughed. "Not me, Mina is. I'm just buying chocolate for my brother and friends."

"That's so nice of you Mi-hyun," the tall boy said as he put all of the chocolates separately into little pink bags that had happy valentine's day printed on it. After he gave me the packages, all 6 of them, I only took five and left one in his hand. He looked at me questioningly.

"That's for you Chanyeol. Happy Valentine's day," I said and a smile spread over the boy's face. 

"Thanks Mi-hyun, I'll accept it. It's my first chocolate from a girl," he thanked me.

 

~~~~

 

I kept the chocolate in my room and the cake in the refrigerator for a day. Valentine's day was tomorrow.

At school, Mina told me that Suho booked a table at a restaurant for a little celebration on Valentine's day. She told me that all the friends would be there. Including herself and Sehun. I agreed and said I could go. I remember that she grinned creepily after hearing my response.

Anyway, after school ended, Luhan was being more dumb than ever. He was constantly bugging me about giving him chocolate. 

I was in my room doing math homework. Second year was indeed more difficult compared to last year. I stared at the Math equation as my brain functioned at top speed. Suddenly, someone blew into my ear. The hot breath tickled me and made me shoot up from my chair.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed in shock and turned to find Luhan grinning at me. "How many times must I repeat myself? Knock before you come in!"

"But I did, you never heard me," he argued.

I sighed and sat back down. "What do you need? Hurry up, I have homework to do."

Luhan looked at my notes and my work book. "You are so slow. I finished that in ten minutes," he sang and took my pencil from my hand before roughly writing down the answers. I growled at him. "You are welcome," he said teasingly and finished the question.

I smacked his hand and pushed him away. "Why are you here? To make fun of me?"

"Ha ha, I wasn't making fun of you, I was trying to help. But anyway, it's almost Valentine's day!" Luhan said, more loudly than needed. "So, are you going to buy me chocolate?"

I looked at him and decided to not tell him. "You aren't my lover, are you?"

"I can be," he chirped and came closer to me. His eyes were sparkling. "We could make out right now, and we could date, or even make babies, I don't mind."

"I mind, please keep your distance, you ," I said and pushed him away from me. He laughed and took a seat on my bed. To make sure he stops bothering me, I stood up to get the cake I bought for him. 

Luhan tugged on my sleeves. "Mi-hyun, where are you going?"

"I'm getting away from you. You are gross," I lied and headed away without a second look. I was quite excited to give the little cake to him. I hoped he would be happy to receive the present. Luhan frowned and sat on the bed, watching me leave.

I went to the kitchen and ran to the refrigerator to get the cake I bought for my brother. I carefully took it out and held it in my hand. I then hopped up the stairs quickly. 

Opening the door to my room, I found Luhan lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. When he heard me coming in, he glanced at me. "Learn to knock, Mi-hyun."

"Says you. This is my own room for god's sake," I retorted and laughed. "I see you are making yourself comfortable. Now get up from my bed. I have something to give you."

Luhan sat up and looked at me. I held out the bag to him. "Happy Valentine's day," I said and smiled. 

He looked at the bag questioningly and took out the little box of cake inside. When he saw it, his eyes glistened and he looked at me happily. "Is this for me?" 

I laughed at his question. "No, it's for myself," I replied in sarcasm and earned a chuckled from my brother.

Luhan placed the cake down on the table and turned to me. Without saying anything, he reached out and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. My heart pounded, and for some reason, I was felt so happy. 

 

~~~~

 

The next day, I slept in since I went to bed rather late the previous night. It was Saturday, and I decided to take the privilege of no school and stayed in bed until 10:00 am. As I scrolled through my Instagram feed on my phone, I received a text message from Sehun.

Morning Mi-hyun! You are coming to the restaurant tonight, right?

I quickly typed back. 

Yep. I'll see you there!

Getting up to Sehun's text was pretty sweet. After that, I finally crawled out from bed and went to wash up. When I was ready, I headed down the stairs to find no one in the living room or kitchen. I looked around and discovered that there was no one at home. There was left over food from breakfast for me on the table. I sighed and ate what was left for me. 

After finishing my food, I called my dad to find out where they were. They told me that they took Luhan for some important documentation and passport issues. He said they wouldn't be back until the afternoon. 

I was utterly confused by my father's words. What did he mean by documentation? What was up with Luhan? I told them that I would be going out for dinner with some friends, and my dad agreed. 

During the day, I did some of my weekend homework and picked out a nice outfit for tonight's get together. Luhan and my parents came home before I was leaving for the dinner. I questioned Luhan immediately after he arrived home about where he went and why. 

My brother looked a little dejected from my question. He smiled and shrugged. "It's just about my passport and some other stuff from China. It's nothing, really."

My parents listened to out conversation and turned around to look at us. They had a weird expression on their face. As soon as I looked at them, they smiled and turned away. "Don't worry about it honey. Luhan will tell you if something's up," my other said and turned to Luhan. "Right Luhan?" 

He nodded.

 

I left my house for the restaurant around 6:00. We were supposed to meet up at 7:00 pm sharp in front of the restaurant. I took the bus there. On the way, there were many Valentine's day related advertisements and decorations on the side of the street. Perhaps it was because it was a day to celebration for love and lovers, I noticed a lot of couples holdings hands and sitting together on the bus. 

The chocolate I brought for Sehun and the boys were packed neatly in my purse. I remembered to pack Sehun's chocolates extra special and added a little hand written note on the cover.

When I arrived at my destination, I got off the bus and walked towards the restaurant. It was already dark outside, and the vertical sign of the restaurant hung down and caught my attention from far away. I took out my phone and checked the time, it was 6:45 pm. 

The restaurant we were going to was large. It had three floors, ranging from regular tables to luxurious rooms. It was known for its good food and welcoming service. As I walked closer and closer, I saw Sehun standing in front of the restaurant, holding a big bag in his hand. I quickened my steps and called out his name from far away. A few people around me stared, but I didn't care.

Sehun noticed me approaching and a smile spread over his face. He waved and began to walk to me.

"Mi-hyun! You are early!" The tall boy exclaimed.

I laughed, "You are even earlier. Happy Valentine's day, Sehun."

"Happy Valentine's day to you too," Sehun said with loving eyes. But his voice came out a little stiff, something seemed to be on his mind. 

The two of us stood together and chatted while we waited for the others to show up. Sehun talked about how his dad wanted him to get into business and take over the family company. I said he had it easy just having a job handed down to you. But he didn't seem to be too happy about it. He said his father was a strict person, and he will probably have him study abroad. 

I thought about it and realized that I had never met Sehun's parents before when he had met mine. I asked him about them, and he told me that they didn't come home often due to work. But his housekeeper was always there for him, and so were his friends.

"I feel like we've talked for a long time," I said and took out my phone. "Dude, it's 7:15 already."

Sehun looked around with anxiety in his eyes. "Suho is usually always on time. Where could they be?"

I shook my head and checked for Mina's text, but there was none. "Maybe they already went in?" I suggested.

"Maybe, let's go check," he replied and took my hand before leading me into the restaurant. I was a bit flustered by his hand that held onto mine. When Sehun looked at me, his gaze met mine and he quickly turned away.

Four waiters stood by the front entrance. We went up to one of them. "Excuse me, is there a table booked by Kim Junmyeon?" Sehun asked politely.

The waiter went and flipped through a booklet and returned. "Yes there is. Would you like me to lead to there?" We nodded and followed the waiter. We were led past the front section of the restaurant, down a hallway with rooms on the side, and arrived at a quiet section of tables near the back garden. 

Sehun and I gasped a little when we stopped by a two seat table beside a large window. We looked at the table questioningly and then at the waiter. "Here you are, enjoy your stay, and happy Valentine's day," the waiter said politely and walked away. 

I looked at the table. It was indeed a nice place. The lights were slightly dimmed, chandelier hung in the ceiling, and the area was spacious, creating a romantic atmosphere. Outside the window was a beautiful view of the garden. Little lamps hung down from a row of trees. There was an artificial pond with a little bridge across. The only problem was, out table was a double seating. There were two seats facing each other.

I looked at Sehun who was standing beside me, completely dazed by the table in front of him. I noticed that the tips of his ears turned pink. 

"What is the meaning of this?" Sehun grumbled under his breath. "I will seriously punch those idiots the next time I see them."

I went to him and tugged his arm. "What is happening? Why is it a two seat table? Where are the others?"

The boy let out a big sigh before turning to face me. He looked into my eyes, and I stared back. He gestured for me to sit down and sat down as well. "I think we've been set up..."

"Set up? For what?" I questioned although I realized what might be happening.

Sehun took a deep breath. "I have no choice. I can't believe they did this," he said to himself. I looked at him, feeling my own heart beat speed up. Across the table, he leaned closer. "Mi-hyun, I need to ask you something."

I nodded and found my tongue twisted, unable to say anything.

The boy looked passionately into my eyes. He was absolutely gorgeous that night. He quickly ran his hand over his hair before opening his mouth to speak. I noticed that he was almost completely flustered.

"Mi-hyun, I love you," he said quietly and paused. "Would you like to date me?" He asked sincerely, a little louder than before.

Waves of emotion splashed in my heart. I felt my mind going blank for second. I expected those words to come from his mouth, but somehow, I still couldn't react calmly about it. First came the surprise, then the doubt, and finally, happiness flooded my heart. My heart was beating like crazy, and I heard the beats in my head. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but what came out was a whisper.

"Yes. Sehun, I love you too."

The boy's eyes widened as he heard my response. Without a second word, he turned to his bag and took out a small bundle of roses. They were beautifully wrapped and the redness of the pedals illustrated both of our feelings. He handed the flowers to me, and I shyly accepted. 

"Thank you, you made my night." I somehow found my voice again. "I, I don't know what to say. I'm so happy Sehun."

Sehun looked at me and let out a sigh of relief. I suddenly realized how tense he had been. "Mi-hyun, I am so glad you accepted my feelings this time. I was honestly so, so afraid that you might turn me down again," he confessed and stood from the seat. "Come, let me hug my little girlfriend."

I was so flushed by his words. It seemed so strange to hear him say that to me. I got up, and before I could prepare myself, Sehun's arms were already around me. My head was perfectly buried in his chest as I wrapped my arm around him. Sehun's fragrance made me a little dizzy, the only thing I could think about was my strong heart beat. It was nice to hug someone like that. 

When we took out seat again, I quickly took out the chocolate I prepared for him. Sehun gladly accepted it before we ordered food. The restaurant was great, the food was delicious, and my boyfriend was the best.

For the past sixteen years of my life, I had never spent such a Valentine's day like this.

That night was unforgettable. When I thought back about it, I realized not only what a gentleman Sehun was, but what great friends I had. SuhoBaekhyun, Kai, and Mina had all planned the event together. I couldn't believe those people, they made me happy. I was so grateful to have friends like them. Sometimes, friends could change lives.