Luhan

It’s Your Fault For Getting Adopted!

Disturbed by the noise of moving furniture, I groaned and set my tablet on my bed before heading downstairs to see what the commotion was all about.

Standing at the top of the stairs, I looked down and found my parents inside the guest room which was used for storage. They were both busy moving stacks of boxes, piles of paper, and shelves out of the room.

"Why are you cleaning out the guest room?" I asked.

"Mi-Hyun, come here and help me hold these books!" My dad called. I quickly hopped over and took the books like my dad told me to.

Holding the piles of paper, I asked again, "Hey dad, why are we cleaning out this guest room? Is someone coming over?"

"Not now dear, your mom and I are very busy, we’ll discuss this later tonight during dinner," my dad huffed as he lifted three boxes and stumbled out of the room to the basement. I stared at him in confusion before setting the papers on the floor.

After the room was all cleaned up, my parents started chatting. It was something about deliveries... Strange, what was going on?

Bored, I headed upstairs to my bedroom to continue watching anime. I was a huge anime geek, my parents always told me to live in reality, start studying and all that, but I don't really take that into consideration. Yawning at a very boring and cheesy part of an episode, I heard the doorbell ring followed by my parent’s footsteps throughout the quiet house. Half listening to them, half watching my anime, I heard more people coming in. I paused the video and decided to take a look.

Sticking my head over the stairs, I saw some men carrying furniture and moving it into our house. There was a bed, a table, a bookshelf, and some other packages. What was happening? It looked like someone was about to move in…

I hurried down the stairs and went to my mom who was in the kitchen making some sort of a big feast. There were lots of vegetables on the chopping board, and my mom was gutting fish.

"Hey mom, why are we getting new furniture? Is someone coming over?" I asked, confused by all the peculiar events going on.

"To tell you the truth Mi-Hyun, we are adopting another child," my mom answered calmly.

My eyes widened in shock, "What?" I asked again, hoping I might have misheard her.

"Sorry dear, for not considering your feelings, but we need another child, a sibling for you. It'll be hard on you once your dad and I pass away, especially in our family where my sisters are quite... competitive," my mom apologized with a pained look on her face.

I understood what she meant. Our family suffered greatly from the conflicts caused by money. My grandfather had good health and was an intelligent man. At the age of 34, he was appointed as the Lieutenant General of the military. He was incredibly rich with money pouring into his hands. Soon after, he was diagnosed with lung cancer due to his daily smoking habits, he had 3 months left to live. When he passed away, my grandmother inherited all the wealth that my grandfather had owned, including several cottages and houses. Since my grandmother was at an old age of 86 and was diagnosed with heart disease, the whole family had their eyes on the inheritances that my grandmother owned.

There were 2 daughters on my mother's side, my mom, and her older sister. I truly didn't believe my mom would ruin relationships and hurt others just for the sake of money that we didn't need, but my mom's sister, my aunt, seemed like the type of the person to do so. I had never been a fan of my aunt, she always compared me to her daughter. She showed off everything she had, and always had a mocking tone of a sour loser when talking to someone else who could do better than her. I thought that my parents might have been worried about me having to confront and deal with my aunt. But I was part of the family, right? They should have at least informed me about adopting another child beforehand.

"Why didn't you tell me? Are my feelings not being considered?"

My mom didn't answer my question. Instead, she returned her attention to the bloody lifeless fish lying on the cutting board. "Don’t worry about it too much. I am sure you guys will get along," she said simply without looking at me.

"But mom, don't I get a say on whether we should be adopting another kid or not. Why do you even need another kid? I am good enough for my aunt. I don't need a person who isn't evening related to me for protection," I argued and glared at my mother.

"Dear, listen, you’re great and you are my daughter. I know you are a strong girl, but... your father and I have our reasons," she said quietly with a sorrowful expression on her face.

My heart softened upon the sight of my mother, I nodded and avoided her eyes in the guilt of yelling at her. "Um, could you at least tell me about the new kid you'll be adopting?" I asked with curiosity.

"His name is Luhan. He lost both of his parents due to an accident and has no relatives in Korea. Other than his background, I don't know much about his personality or behavior except the traits mentioned in the documents," my mom explained.

"Lost both of his parents?" I repeated, feeling sorry for this Luhan boy. "Wait, boy? You guys are adopting a boy?" I looked at my mom in surprise.

"Yes, a boy. Be nice to him when he arrives," she lectured.

My mother said Luhan was coming tomorrow. A wave of apprehension invaded my mind. Suddenly, I felt nervous, but excited at the same time to meet my brother. I had to go clean my room, the house, and decorate his room. Which I guessed was the guest room. I wouldn't want this new kid to think that I was all filthy and such. A good first impression always made a difference.

 

~~~~

 

After an unbearably long time of waiting, he was finally here, the new Luhan boy was here. It all started when the doorbell rang.

"Mom, when is the new kid coming?" I asked for the hundredth time.

"Soon. He'll be arriving around lunch time I suppose," my mom answered. He’s so slow, when is he coming? What if he’s super ugly? This is frustrating... But the long waiting paid off. I was in my room watching anime when the doorbell rang. Quickly pausing the video, I ran downstairs and headed for the door, my mom followed behind me.

IFrame

Slowly opening the door, a boy around my age stood there with a middle aged man behind him. I let out a big sigh of relief when I saw the boy who was looking down at his feet, avoiding my gaze. He wasn't ugly, thank god. Even though I couldn't see his features clearly from the angle in which he lowered his head, it was obvious that he was very handsome.

"Hi, you must be Luhan," my mom welcomed him with her warm motherly smile, "Welcome to the Rim family," she greeted, finishing her sentence.

The boy didn't look up. He backed up a little and kept quiet. What's wrong with him? Just when I was about to speak, the middle age man started, "Hello, you must be Mrs. Rim I suppose? And you must be their daughter." He glanced at me and continued speaking. "This is Luhan, he will be joining your family. He's not used to having strangers around him, so he might be a little shy. Luhan, this is Mrs. Rim, she will be your foster mom," the man finished.

Instead of speaking, the boy lowered his head even more and kept silent. Maybe he was mute. There's a lot of kids with disabilities living at the orphanage right?

"Hello Luhan, welcome to your new home, my name is Mi-hyun. I hope we get along," I managed to introduce myself in my sweetest voice and bowed. Finally, he looked up, I froze. His eyes were beautiful, big and sparkly. They were gazing right at me. I was intimidated by his gaze, it felt as if my soul had been penetrated.

Snapping back to reality, I added a charming smile and waited for him to say something, but he looked away. "Mi-hyun, take Luhan inside and show him around the house, I have some documents to fill out here," my mom said as she took the bundle of paper from the man’s hand.

"Okay," I replied and turned to Luhan. "Come with me, I’ll show you around!" I said happily, taking his hand as I dragged him inside. He flinched upon my touch. I looked up to see what was wrong, his gaze once again met mine and he quickly looked away.

I took him to the living room where we had a fifty inch flat screen TV, two long leather sofas and a glass table with video game consoles. Our family was pretty rich, so we got a nice house and all that, even another kid... I still couldn't accept the fact that there was an adorable boy living with me now.

"This is the living room. We could play video games later Luhan," I said to him, he looked around the place and nodded.

"Luhan," I called. He ignored me as if I didn't exist, and continued browsing around the living room. "Luhan, Luhan, Luhan, Luhan -" I kept on saying his name until he looked at me with an annoyed expression, finally, he spoke for the first time.

"What?" he exclaimed, annoyed. His voice was beautiful like his appearance. I think I’m in love…

"Finally, you talked! Gosh, all this time you were silent. I thought you didn’t know how to speak," I exclaimed, letting out a breath.

"Of course I know how to speak you idiot," he replied.

"What? Don’t call me that you moron!" I snapped.

"Make me, idiot," he said, smirking. Oh, looks like he wasn't so shy after all.

"Fine, I will," I said simply. I tackled him onto the ground and started tickling him.

While struggling to push me off, he groaned with discomfort. "Stop it! I take it back, just stop harassing me!" he managed to say. Harass? I stopped for a few seconds, we were both silently looking at each other. I suddenly realised how awkward this was, me being on top of him.

Luhan finally broke the silence with a smile on his face. "Hey Mi-hyun, this looks like we're making out," he said, not moving.

"What the heck? Hell no, what’s wrong with you?" I jumped up and stared at the handsome boy lying on the ground. He was so perfect... I was lucky to have a guy like this living with me. Except for his attitude…

"Hey, are you checking me out?" Luhan asked with his lips curled up.

"What?" I didn’t know how to respond.

"Yeah, I know I’m hot, you’re probably falling head over heels for me," he said, looking at me with teasing eyes.

"What? You're so messed up!" I shook my head and turned to leave, he followed.

I brought him to his room next, pushing the door open as I said, "Luhan, this is going to be your room, okay? The closest washroom is the one on this floor by the stairs. We have the basic furniture you’ll be needing, but if you want anything else, just ask."

"This is nice," he complimented, looking around the room. There was a single bed, a closet, a table, and a small bookshelf.

"It is. By the way, the clothing and all the supplies you might need are all on the bookshelf and inside the closet. Okay, let’s keep going," I said and grabbed him by his sleeves. We headed upstairs.

"Wow, you guys have a big house," he said and stretched his arms. "Where is your room, or are we sleeping together in the same room?" he asked with a creepy smile on his handsome face.

"How the heck do I deal with you?" I ignored his stupid question and continued walking. I brought him to my room, which was slightly bigger than his with a bigger bed and a bigger bookshelf. "Here’s my room, therefore, we will not be sleeping together," I stated.

Without me even inviting him, he walked in.

"Hey, nice room you’ve got. I see you’re into anime?" He asked, examining my posters on the wall.

"Yeah, do you watch anime?"

"Used to, when my parents were still..." he trailed off. I didn’t ask him, but I could guess what he was going to say, when my parents were still alive…

"What are you watching?" He quickly changed the subject. I looked at my tablet. Elfen Lied was still on pause.

"Elfen Lied," I said and snatched the tablet away.

"Hold on, isn't this rated R- or something?" Luhan said and caught my hand. "Let me see it," he took the tablet and played the video. After watching it for a while, he finally said something. "This girl has nice s," he stated.

"What the hell? How can you focus on her chest when there are heads being popped off everywhere?" I smacked him. "You're not allowed to be dirty in this house, got that?"

"I'm a guy, and trust me, all guys are erted," he said with a grin.

"If you are, then you're not allowed to show it!" I said and glared at him.

"Ha ha, don't worry, I won't in front of your parents," he smiled evilly.

Holy crap, this is not what I had expected.

 

~~~~

 

I hate to admit, that Luhan boy did have some pretty impressive acting skills. During dinner, he was pretending to be all shy and timid in front of my parents. Of course, my parents bought his acting and thought he was not used to the new environment. Occasionally, Luhan gave me evil glances and smirks when my parents weren't looking.

After dinner, my parents told me to spend some time with him in the living room while they had some 'important' stuff to discuss. I nodded and plastered a smile on my face while my heart was burning with hatred. I brought Luhan to the living room and began my questioning.

Sitting on the sofa, I turned to the beautiful boy. I looked at him from head to toe. "Why were you acting? I know you aren't shy," I glared at him.

"I just felt like it, their sympathy might come in handy later," he replied with a victorious smile on his face.

"Come in handy? What are you planning?" I questioned, suddenly feeling a bit worried about his confident speech and what he might do.

"You'll see," he whispered with a smile creeping up onto his face. Now I'm really worried

Luhan and I ended up playing video games together, Mario Bros to be specific. "Are you good at this?" Luhan asked me with his eyes glued to the TV screen.

"Sure, I'm pretty confident in my gaming skills," I replied and narrowed my eyes.

Soon, the game started, I was Mario and Luhan picked to be Toad. Instead of working together, we raced through the course, it was pretty fun until he picked me up and threw me in lava.

I glared at him, "What was that for?" I scoffed in anger.

"Fun," he smirked. I sent him death glares and hoped he would die from it. But when he unfortunately didn't, the atmosphere grew awkward and I broke the eye contact. "I need to get my stuff ready for school tomorrow," I stated and stood up, ready to leave.

"Am I going to school with you?" he asked, turning the TV off and setting the controller down on the glass table.

"Maybe, ask my parents," I replied and went upstairs, he asked some more questions but I just ignored him. Just when I was about to enter my room, Luhan's hand grabbed my wrist. I turned to him, "What do you want?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"Yes, now go away."

"I'm sorry Mi-hyun," he apologized and stared at me with his pleading, innocent eyes. I paused for a second before my feelings went crazy upon the cute words and actions from this devil. He's so cute! I squealed on the inside.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine fine, why are you here?" I forgave him and asked.

"I'm going to sleep in your room today," he said and pulled his luggage into my room without waiting for my response.

"What the hell? You can't just walk in here and do that!" I jumped at his words and cold sweat formed on the back of my neck.

"Oh yes I can," he smiled and neatly placed his suitcases next to my bed.

"What? When did you bring your luggage up here?" I asked in shock.

"It's been by your door before dinner," he answered with a smirk forming on his flawless face.

"No way... You are not sleeping here today. Go back to your room!" I protested and tried to push him out of the door.

He didn't budge one single inch as I pushed on him. "I can if your parents say so."

"There's no way they're going to let you," I answered and smiled. "My parents won't just let a random boy sleep in the same room as me," I said confidently.

"They will, I've got them all figured out. Wait and see," he replied and went downstairs. .

I chased after him to make sure this kind of thing would not happen. We found my parents still chatting in the kitchen, but they stopped as they saw us approaching. "Are you kids ready to go to bed?" my mom asked.

"Yes..." Luhan lowered his head nervously, "Mrs. Rim..."

"Yes Luhan dear?" My mom waited.

"Mrs. Rim... C-can I sleep with Mi-hyun tonight? I-I don't want to be alone..." he stuttered, my mom’s expression didn’t change one bit when he asked such a reckless request. In fact, I think she might have smiled a little. Things totally did not go in my expectation.

I quickly cleared up my throat in panic. "Mom, no, he's acting! I will not let him in my room at night!" I exclaimed.

"Mi-hyun, that was very rude of you to talk that way!" my father scolded me, I looked at the two adults in shock, how did this happen? It was as if Luhan had brainwashed them. I angrily glared at the messed up boy who was smiling back at me, secretly. I will beat the crap out of him later... Just you wait, Lu freaking Han…

"Alright Luhan, you can sleep with Mi-hyun tonight, but I will be expecting you two to sleep right away, no fooling around," my mom finally decided.

"But mom, I don't want t-" I tried to complain.

"Not another word, Mi-hyun," my dad interrupted me. "Off you go now. Mi-hyun will have school tomorrow. Luhan, you stay home for the first day," my dad finished speaking and sent us off.

On our way upstairs, I punched Luhan hard on the arm. He rubbed his arm and chuckled. "That pulled off pretty well."

"Oh. My. God. I will kill you later," I said through my teeth and looked away in frustration.

Luhan patted my back. "Try and see if you can. By the way, I told you their sympathy will come in handy later," he grinned. I face palmed myself and kept quiet.

I went to shower first since Luhan said he could wait. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth. When I came out, I put my pajamas on instead of wrapping a towel around myself since there was now a erted devil of the opposite gender in my house.

I walked out and called Luhan. "Luhan, you can shower now!" I said loudly and walked into my room.

Luhan was sitting on my bed. He eyed me from head to toe before replying. "I thought you were going to wear a towel... Oh well..." he sighed and got up.

"I knew it was a good idea to wear pajamas today!" I murmured under my breath and looked at Luhan, "ert."

"Don't you already know that?" He laughed and went to the washroom with his stuff.

I sighed deeply after he left the room. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I got some time alone. I sat on my bed and started reading Naruto. After a while later, Luhan came back.

"You're back already?" I looked up and gasped to find the boy only wearing his boxers. "Put some clothes on!" I quickly looked away, feeling intense heat on my face.

"Why? I like sleeping this way," he refused. I turned back and carefully fixed my gaze on his face, nowhere else, just his face. Noticing my embarrassed disposition, a smirk formed on his face. "Are you shy looking at shirtless guys?" he teased. "You can check me out, I'll let you."

I shook my head and frowned. "Just please, at least put some pajamas on," I begged him.

"No, now let's sleep together," he smiled and jumped on the bed with me. I tried to avoid contact with him but failed to do so when he landed on top of me. , why is this happening?

"Get away from me weirdo. Oh god, why are we sleeping together?" I struggled away.

"That sounds wrong," he laughed and I smacked him.

"You're so dirty minded!"

"That's what you like about me," he smiled.

After we settled down, I laid in bed quietly beside Luhan. I turned my head and looked at him, he was already asleep. His sleeping face was so cute, nothing like the smirk face during the day... Somehow like this, we were able to sleep together... Even though it was weird sleeping next to a shirtless boy, I fell asleep anyway.