15 Minutes

Gangster Boys

Chanyeol's POV

 

"A squared plus B squared equals what... Chanyeol-ssi?"

I was dozing off and answered sleepily,"Huh? A pink-striped platypus."

People started cracking up, causing me to wake up. I sat up straight, completely alarmed.

"Excuse me, Park Chanyeol, but if you don't mind sleeping in my class please pay attention!" the math teacher warned. "Now, answer this question correctly and you can escape your punishment of staying an extra 15 minutes after class."

"Neh. I'll try." I replied unsure. I gulped nervously.

" y=log x. If y=10, what is x?"

" Ummm... zero." 

People started laughing harder than they did the first time. I knew that instant, I got the answer wrong. But hey, it was a wild guess. And I was aleep. Cut me some slack.

"Hmmm... I guess our dear Chanyeol is going to stay an extra 15 minutes. Anyone want to join him?" She scanned the room as if simply choosing a person was that hard.

"Songsaengnim, I know another deserving person." said a girl. Obviously, she was the teacher's pet.

" Who do you think it is?"

" Well, who was late today? Wasn;t it Min Ra Hee?"

"Ah, yes I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me. Min Ra Hee, join Mr. Park after class. I'm sure you two would enjoy your time cleaning up the room."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Our math class has finally ended and it's time to get to work. I got a trash bag, while Ra Hee swept the floor. We cleaned in silence for a while. I finally decided to break the awkward silence.

"Hey, I'm sorry for getting you into this. I really didn't mean to." I said as I picked up some crumbled paper.

"No, it's okay. I knew it was coming. But seriously, you didn't know the answer to the question earlier?"

"Hey, I know I made a mistake. No need to rub it in."

"Rub it in? Oh that wasn't my intention. Sorry if I offended you."

"Wow, you're nothing compared to what other people say you are. I mean I'm sure you've heard of the rumors, right? You're actually very...Social."

Right then I heard the most beautiful laugh.

"Yes, many people are judgemental. However once you get to know them, they're completely different. So are finished with picking up the trash?" Ra hee asked.

"Huh, yeah why?"

"Well, it's already been 15 minutes. Aren't you hungry? I'm sure your friends are waiting to have lunch with you."

 I looked at my watch and realized that she was right. How did time fly by so quickly?

"I'll be going now. Have a nice day," she said.

"Yeah you too." I replied. But when I turned to wave her goodbye, she was gone.