Change of Heart

Gangster Boys

Chen's POV

 

After hearing Lay's speech, I was enraged. I don't know why, but I just snapped. Why do I feel like everything happens because of Min Ra Hee? All EXO members have been best friends and now, a stupid girl is about to ruin our relationship. I can't wait to kick her out.

I headed straight to the abandoned garden. According to D.O. that's where she stays during free time. To my surprise, he was correct. I walked straight towards her and I was positive my eyes were shooting lasers. As I took my last step, Ra Hee looked up realizing it was me.

"Anyeong, wanna join me?" she patted the space next to her.

"I don't want to!" I spat.

"Okay, no need to get mad." she said.

"No need to get mad?!?! What the hell do you know?" 

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up, so that she was standing. Suddenly, I felt a spark. Shocked, I removed my hand.

"You, you should leave. No one wants you here, you don't belong here." I taunted.

"You don't either." Ra Hee murmured.

"Yah, I'm already warning you. Unless you wanna get beaten up again, I suggest you go. You've caused enough problems here." I said in a firm tone.

"If you're so worried about people causing problems, then why haven't you kicked out Seungri yet? Wasn't he the one who got into a fight with Kai? And what about those girls like Tiffany? Shouldn't they be kicked out already?" 

She was obviously not letting this go easily.

"How dare you question me? You are nothing but dirt."

"I was wrong about you then. You're the same just like everyone else."

"Just like everyone else? You must be crazy!"

"Crazy? Yeah I must be going crazy. Even though everyone knows I did nothing wrong, they continue to bully me. The other day I simply walked through the halls and next thing I knew, I was unconscious. Not being able to remember what happened, I scold myself. Now people blame me for causing the accident. I can't even defend myself because I passed out! And do you know what I have to go through everyday? Constant beating from strangers. Judging looks from my classmates. And this bullcrap with you EXO members! As much as I want to move I can't. Do you know why?"

She said in one breath.

I didn't know what to answer. I just kept my mouth shut. I guess Ra hee knew I wasn't going to answer.

"Because I'm just a piece of dirt." Her voice dangerously quiet. Still I could trace hurt, pain, and sorrow in her voice. I can't go soft because of a girl. The hard and cold expression never left my face.

"At least you know your place." I whispered in her ear. I walked away purposely brushing my shoulders with hers. I felt a spark once again. But this time it seemed more gentle and what's the word? Warm? After taking a few steps away, I swear I heard some sniffling.

Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel bad for Min Ra Hee? Is this the same way Lay felt when he did his little speech? I thought to myself. Only then did I realize that it was a change of heart.