Rivalry

Gangster Boys

Chen's POV

 

When I learned more about Ra Hee, I realized that I knew nothing about her. Only that her name was Min Ra Hee and that she's a second year highschool. What I didn't know: She was part of one really large company, being bullied was part of her middle school life, and that her parents are divorced. For some reason I felt bad about myself. She went through a lot of hardships and I'm part of it.

Denying the fact that she helped fix our lives is totally wrong. Yet, that is what I do everyday. Ra Hee is leaving next month. Next month was also the deadline of our bet, but no one gives a crap anymore. What happened to time? Why so fast?

Even though she gets under my skin, her company is always the best. I don't know why but when I can't stand being with her. But when she's not with me, I miss her even more. It might be selfish, but I don't want her to go. I have to make her stay. But how can I possibly do that? I can't compete with Ra Hee's family and friends. Especially Jae Young.

It's obvious he likes her. Since he has the upper hand, it will take twice the effort for me. Losing is not in my vocabulary. I need to bring out his bad side, so that Ra Hee could see that I'm, way better than him.

It was the day after Ra Hee was released that I started my plan. On a Friday afternoon, the siblings dropped by our school to visit Ra Hee during lunch break in the school's cafeteria. The tray I held in my hands was the key to my plan. I walked over towards their table and pretended to trip, purposely spilled the food on Jae Young.

"Are you alright?" Ra Hee's voice was filled with concern. I thought she was talking to me but it was the other guy.

"Did you break your bones? If not stand up, you look like a fool." the girl was about to crack up.

I stood and sat with them. Listening to their conversation, I got an idea.

"How long have you been in Korea?" I asked.

"About three weeks. Why?" Hyun Dae answered.

"Have you tasted the street foods like ddeokbokki?"

"No does it taste good?" Jae Young asked.

"I don't know... Rich people's taste buds are different. Everything is served on a silver platter for you. You are fed with a golden spoon." I stated in a sarcastic tone.

"You have a good way with words. Do you plan to be a writer in the future?"

What is it with this guy doesn't he sense any sarcasm?

"I don't think you understood my point. It's probably because you just keep signing papers and you don't take the time to read it. With each signature, you probably earn what- 100,000 no 500,000 won? Maybe more. Am I right?"

Just then I felt a hand slap me across the face. HARD.

Originally I thought it was Hyun Dae, after all it was her brother who I was trash talking. But when I turned my head, it was Ra Hee who was standing. She was the one who slapped me.

"You're being rude to my friends. Please leave. Now." Her tone was dangerously calm.

"Fine. But just so you know, I did that for you." I whispered loud enough for her to hear as I walked away.