Confessions of a Former Gangster

Gangster Boys

Ra Hee's POV

 

When I opened my locker, a piece of paper dropped to the floor. I picked it up and unfolded its folds. It was a letter.

 

" Dear Ra Hee,

              I'm sorry. I know that I mess up sometimes, well most of the time, which causes you trouble. Please forgive me. If you're still mad take your time to cool off. I won't be seeing you in a while I guess, since I insulted you and your friends. Mianhe.

              The rest of EXO says it's because I like you. I think they're right. I do like you. Although it took me a while to figure out my feelings for you, I'm sure of it now. I like you, Min Ra Hee. I made a poem for you, it's one way to express my feelings. At least that's what one of my friends say.

 

Standing back
I watch you from afar
Not knowing what to do
To get closer to you
I'll simply stay away
As far as possible
It's easier to do 
Than to be in love with you.

 

I hope someday
You'll understand
I hope in someway
You will finally see
That I like you, I truly do.
But it's unlikely that you'll say
"I like you too"

 

                                                                                              -Chen-

P.S. Please come to the garden afterschool. Unless I see you, I won't leave even if the school closes. I'm serious, I'll be waiting. :)

 

Could he really be waiting for me in the garden? To go or not to go? I decided not to. After all, it was him who was at fault. He should be the one to approach me. And what's with the poem? why is he confessing to me? Thinking that it must be a prank, I headed straight home.

"Yo wait up!" someone called. It was Kris.

He ran until he caught up with me then matched his pace with mine.

"What do you want?" I asked and continued to walk.

"Uhmm.. nothing. I just saw you I guess. Wanna come to the sleepover this Saturday? You can bring your friends if you want."

"Whose house is it gonna be this time?"

"I dunno, we haven't planned it out yet," he shrugged.

"Sure why not. I'll be able to bring Hyun Dae along, but Jae Young has a meeting."

"About Jae Young, is he your oppa?"

"Oppa? Like a boyfriend?"

"Yeah.." he mumbled.

"No way! H-he's just a r-really close f-friend." I gasped between breaths while I laughed.

As we continued strolling, it began to drizzle. Not long after it started to rain cats and dogs. We made sure not to step on any poodles. :)

"Wanna join me?" Kris asked, opening his umbrella.

"What kind of guy brings a pink umbrella?" I joked.

"That's what Chen said last time. But you know, it takes a real man to like pink." he said matter-of-factly.

"CHEN!" I exclaimed.

"What about him?"

"Huh? Oh nothing. I forgot my book in school, you go on ahead. See you later." I lied.

"Chen I swear that if this is a prank, I'll slap you even harder." I said to myself.

Running wasn't my specialty, but if it's a life and death situation can run pretty fast. And right now is exactly a life and death situation. Not for me, but for someone else.

"Faster, faster." I told myself. water splashed everywhere as my foot went in front of the other.

The school was now in sight, the light dim and the front gate closed. I went around to the back. Luckily the gate was still opened. I ran even faster as I headed for the garden. Guilt spread through me.

"Chen? Chen? Eodigayeo?" I called desparately.

Against my will, tears rolled down my cheeks. Good thing it was raining. I wouldn't want anyone to see me cry, even myself.

"Chen? CHEN?!?!" I screamed. 

"Pabo. I'm right behind you." A voice weakly said.

I turned around, and sure enough Chen was there. I sighed in relief as I walked towards him. Getting closer gave me a clear view. His skin was pale, his body drenched, and his lips almost blue. Most of all his eyes was filled with different emotions. A lump formed in my throat.

"I hate you." I stated, my voice cracking.

"No you don't." he said.

Suddenly, Chen grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a tight hug. My heart skipped a beat.

"So, did you get my letter?" He asked, not letting me go, just yet.

"Yeah," I answered quietly. 

I didn't realize that the letter, was in fact, still in my hand crumpled and wet.

"Mianhe." he whispered in my ear before softly kissing cheek.

"Just to let you know, I'm not drunk like last time. I like you Min Ra Hee."