Auditions and Tryouts

Gangster Boys

Xiumin's POV

 

During our English class, Tao whispered in my ear, "Hyung help me out."

At first I thought it was about our lesson, so I asked him, "What number are you on? Let me see."

However his response was quite different. "You're in the journalism club, right? Well, Ra Hee said she wanted to join." 

He looked towards Ra Hee at the back corner of the room. She was scribbling a lot in her notebook. Wonder what that could be. In the end I agreed to help her out.

"I see someone's got a little crush. Don't worry, I'll help her out. I won't say anything bad about you either. Wouldn't want to ruin you first lovelife," I teased Tao.

His face flushed red. I couldn't supress my smile, so I just headed to the headquarters, grinning like a crazy man. I turned and saw Tao actually helping Ra Hee. Hmmmm... Cute.

As we gathered in the in the room, the new comers were given a simple task. They were to write an essay about the values a good leader has.

Our club president, Kang Yoora, collected the papers and handed them out to each leader. I was luck to get Ra Hee's paper. I read her essay and all I could think of was: Wow! Great idea. That's so true. And very well written. 

I showed it to Yoora and the other leaders. We all agreed that Ra Hee rightfully deserved the spot.

The leaders gathered in the base of our club, whilr yoora called Ra Hee.

"We have matters to discuss with you, Ms. Min" they were right outside. The door opened and everyone cheered,

"CONGRATULATIONS! Join the club!'

Ra Hee's shock passed within moments. She started jumping up and down, obviously excited. Next thing I knew, she was hugging me and everyone else.

Best. Hug. Ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan's POV

 

It was afterschool and the audition for the orchestra took place in the school theater.

"Okay everyone, get ready. The audition will begin in five minutes." I reminded.

As the leader of the orchestra, I had to make sure everything runs smoothly.

FYI. I do not play a specific instrument. I am simply the conductor. Since no one would take the position, I thought "Why not?" And so I became the leader of the orchestra. I'm not joiking.

Anyways, there were about ten people auditioning. I guessed at least five will make it.

The process went slower than I thought. I guess people didn't believe me when I said we would start in five minutes. AAARRRGGGHHH

And to make matters worse, half of the students didn't even  know how to play any instrument. If you can't play any instrument, the what the hell is the point? After about an hour, we managed to only pick out four. FOUR!

I never knew recruiting would be this hard. All I wanna do is go home. "Wrap it up," I said to one of the muscians, Lee Baekbeom.

"But sunbae/ senior there's one more on the list. Apparently, there are 11 students auditioning."

"What? Well why isnt' that person here?"

"She's new, so maybe she doesn't know her way around here. Just wait for a bit huh?"

She? New? The only new girl I know is....

The door opened disturbing my thoughts. Thas's right, it's Min Ra Hee.

"Am I too late?" she panted.

"Almost," I said. A smile secretly forming on my face.

"May I borrow an instrument? Any is fine." she said politely.

Baekbeom took out his own violin and offered it to her.

"I think this would suit you."

He rarely lets anyone borrow his violin. I only got to use it twice.

Ra Hee went on stage and started playing. Better than I expected. Actually, she's really good. I watched her as she played. her eyes were closed and her fingers ran along the fret board. The bow was moving swiftly back and forth. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Ms. Min Ra Hee, would you like to be one of the orchestra's muscians?"

"Yes, I would love to. But my schedule is a bit packed, I'm also in the journalism club."

"You mean with Xiumin hyung?" I asked.

"Neh." she answered.

"Don't worry the time doesn't collide with each other. But hey, you're in!"

From the expression on her face, I knew she was overjoyed.