What You've Been Waiting For

Gangster Boys

Ra Hee's POV

 

It took about 30 miutes to get to Kris's house. I guess I fell asleep on the way. Actually it was Chanyeol's voice that woke me up. The blinding white flash from his phone woke me up even more. 

Anyways the house wasn't even a house. More like a mansion. As we entered, I noticed the marble-tiled floors glinting. A big chandlier hung above and a perfect view can be seen just by looking through the big windows. 

"Where are your parents? I want to greet them," I said to Kris.

"They're on a business trip. And since this is my house, you wouldn't be seeing my parents around."

"This whole mansion belongs to you?!?!"

"Please Ra Hee, don't make such a big deal out of nothing. You should go to my house." Suho cut in.

After a short tour around the mansion, we entered the game/arcade room. Sehun, Kai, Chen, Luhan, and Xiumin stayed behind, while the rest of us went to the theater room to watch a movie marathon,
(Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit 1&2).

Towards the middle of the movie, me and Tao went to the kitchen to get some drinks and snacks.

"hey, can I tell you something?" Tao asked me.

"Go on ahead," I replied, while mixing some juice.

"Well, there's this girl I like. And I don't know if she has the same feelings for me. I want to ask her out, but I'm too scared that she'll turn me down. And I don't know if we're just at the 'Friend Zone'."

"I think you should confess to the lucky lady. if you can't hold your feelings in, then let it out. You never know. Maybe she too has an eye for you." I advised.

"Really? Should I do something big or something small and simple?"

As I was about to answer, Chen walked in.

"Yah, where's the jui-?"

For the first time I saw him speechless.

We made a quick eye contact with each other. Awkward silence filled the air. I decided to break the ice and handed him a glass of juice.

He put it down instantly, "Nevermind, I'm not thirsty anymore." He rushed out of the room and I was about to follow when I felt Tao's hand on my shoulder.

"Just leave him alone. I think he hasn't gotten over your little talk back then." He gave me a reassuring smile.

And so after a few minutes, we went back to the theater room with the snacks. To my surprise everyone was there. Good thing there was a lot of food. As I went to my seat, D.O eyed me with his round eyes and slipped something in my pocket. He got a cookie and whispered "Thanks."

On the other hand, Lay eagerly motioned me to come. "You're missing out! The horses look beautiful, don't they?" he said dreamily to himself. I took a seat and read D.O.'s note.

[Went out @ 7:30pm. Guys came @ 7:42pm. Chen went out @ 7:50pm and came back 7 minutes after. Bad mood. Tao and Ra Hee came back 8 minutes after Chen. Something happened. What's wrong?]

After the second movie, Luhan, Xiumin, Kris, Chen, Suho, and Baekhyun went out to have a "drink". At the middle of the movie, I went out to the garden to get some fresh air. It can get suffocating sometimes in a crowd. It started raining. "Why so suddenly?" I asked myself.

Bad news! How do I get back in? I've been wandering all around, I lost my way. Aaaiiisssshhhhh!!!!

There was a figure ahead of me.

"What are you doing?" the person asked. It must have been one of the members. I ran toward him. From running so fast, I bumped into the person, literally. I stepped back looked to see who it was.

CHEN.

He looked at me with so much affection.

"Sorry," I said. "I'm so sorry for everything. i should have known my place. And now you come out in the rain to find a pice me. A puece of dirt."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" he said.

"Isn't that what you've been waiting for? Weren't you waiting for me to lower my pride and apologize to you?"

Chen took a step closer. Then another. And another. Soon our faces were just inches apart. His eyes were misty, as if he was about to cry. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, hugging me tight. 

"What's going on?" I mumbled nervously. He leaned his face in closer to mine. Suddenly I felt his lips on my cheek.

Did he just KISS me? I thought.

A soft whisper entered my ear. "Sorry... If I made you think that." 

After a few seconds, his head dropped down, resting on my shoulder.