The Past

My Secret Heart

Dayeon P.O.V.

 

Dayeon's Past

"Dammit," I whispered under my breath. I heard the police sirens going off and I felt a jolt of excitement while running away. I bumped into a few cardboard cut outs of other actors ands idols. I quickly thought and pulled them along with me since they had string attached to them.

"Hey! Stop that gang!" I heard an officer scream. I chuckled silently. Idiots, I thought. Despite the night sky, I feel like I could even tell between cardboard and humans. I ran as fast as I could and then into an alleyway. I saw the police run past and smiled silently to myself. I congratulated in my head and waited 'til the coast was clear. I carefully stepped out of my hiding place and looked around. The coast was clear and I gave a sigh in relief. 

"I've done this a while now and they don't even catch me every single time," I muttered, feeling accomplished. I dragged the bag of food I had stolen and then trailed back to my house. I knocked on the door since I had left my keys at home. "Mark?" I called. I felt the door stir open and showed a tired Mark.

"Gosh, Dayeon, why do you always forget your keys?" Mark complained. I shrugged. It's because I don't want them falling out when I'm running, I thought at the back of my head. I stepped in the house, trying to not make any suspicious actions. 

"Hey, guys who brought back dinner?" I asked, gesturing to myself. Mark just chuckled. 

"Yeah, yeah, just set it on the table." I placed the bag on the table. I grabbed out the food I got, which was fried chicken. I had gone to the store to get Gatorade, which I enjoy to hype me up. We chatted softly at the table and then went to bed. This is what my life consisted of. Wake up, steal, then go home to my brother who was happily waiting for me. I sighed softly while lying on my bed. I wished we didn't have this life. But, fighting got the best of me and before I knew it, I was engaging in brawls all the time. I had wore a mask so my identity wouldn't be revealed. I had a skill for fighting, and before I knew it, I was known as one of the most famous gangs around town. Apparently, I was in a gang, but really wasn't. People just assumed I was for no apparent reason. For it be my brut strength or skillfull techniques, I still have no idea why I'm not classified at a solo fighter. I had never come up as an actual gang name, so people had rumored I was Number One. Simple, but odd name. A name that people had learnt to fear. I was known for stealing, graffiti, and fights. Somehow, I got caught up in this life at 12 years old. A young age to face the world, but I had learned to grow up quickly. 

1 year later

"I'm sorry, but you have been diagnosed with heart disease." That one line had brought my life down and crushed it into pieces. My ears couldn't comprehend what was being told to me. I had to deal with this disease for the rest of my life, until I got a surgery to help it, but I would still have many struggles to face. What would happen to my title, my stealing, my life? Fear had struck me. I had to stop what I was doing for a long time. But somehow, I didn't want to stop, I didn't want to quit what I had become. 

Before I knew it, I had been getting weaker and weaker. I barely had any stamina. I had to stop getting into fights and running away from cops from the fear of getting caught. I couldn't risk leaving my poor brother alone.

 

"So, that's what happened." I had finished my story. 

"But why?" Mark asked. 

"Why would you choose that life?" Bambam added. I shrugged.

"I just got caught up in it," I stated honestly. There was an eerie silence that washed over us. "Well, your turn now."

 

Mark P.O.V.

 

Mark's Past

I was walking home from school after getting my food stolen away from me. I shivered in fear from what those bullies did to me. I was at a young age of 12 and I had to run away from these monsters. I quickly ran to my home, not even waiting for Dayeon. I walked with my head down. I felt something hit my head.

"Yah! Mark Tuan! Come here!" A boy yelled. His name was Kim Minho. I said nothing and continued to walk faster. "Yah! I told you to do something!" He had then brought his gang up to beat me up. I had to deal with this behavior since the 4th grade. For some reason, I was an easy target for the other kids. With my lack of the language and my shyness, I couldn't fight back. My life had been pure torture from my silence and my lack of strength.

Except for one day when a new kid had entered our school. He had been here for a week, but already had a large amount of friends. I envied his skill in engaging in conversation so easily. When I had moved from a foreign country, I was treated like an alien. 

I was sitting alone in the classroom while all the other kids had left for recess. I heard a shuffling noise next to me. 

"Hi! My name's Jackson Wang! I had moved here from Hong Kong!" He greeted loudly in my ear. I had moved slightly to the side to see his face and to see if he was talking to me.

"Me?" I asked, pointing to myself. He just laughed.

"No! I meant that wall behind you!" He joked. I cracked a small smile at his jokes. "I don't see you often! Or hear you talk, so here I am, talking to you!" He exclaimed loudly. I smiled softly at him, but then turned to a frown.

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked quietly. He tilted his head.

"Didn't I just tell you? I don't see or hear you talk much, so now I am!" He replied. I turned my head away.

"A popular guy like you wouldn't want to talk to a quiet guy like me," I said quietly. He went to the other side of me. He just smiled widely at me.

"I like talking to a quiet guy like you! I can talk more! I can just talk and you listen, awesome right? And now you don't even have to talk if you don't want to! I'll just fill up your ear with my stories!" He stated in a long paragraph. He just kept staring at me, then stuck out his hand. "I want you to be my very best friend, Mark right?" I nodded and shook his hand. "So we're best friends right?" He questioned again. I thought slowly, then smiled.

"Yeah."

 

Two years later

I had been following Jackson to his fencing and martial arts training. 

"Wanna see me kick some ?" He yelled. I nodded. 

"Of course bro!" I exclaimed. After Jackson became my best friend, I became more open with him and more talkative. 

"Great! Because you're going to learn to!" Jackson stated, very confident. I just stopped and looked at him with a stunned face. He knew I had a fear of fighting and that I was weak.

"B-but-" 

"NO buts!" Jackson shouted. "You're going to learn and stop being afraid of life Mark!" I pouted.

"But you know-" 

"Nope! Not gonna listen to you!" He ran off to the studio before I could say anything else. I just smirked slightly and rolled my eyes at my childish friend.

Before I knew it, I had been improving way more than Jackson. I had strength that I didn't even dreamed I would have. I had the skill and technique of a trained adult. Suddenly, I had been put in a gang with all of my closest friends. We called ourselves GOT7, hence our 7 members. We were unstoppable, one of the strongest rising gangs. I couldn't hide it, fighting felt good. It made me feel strong and forget about everything else. I had dyed my hair a bright red and I felt tougher. I had kept my cool facade but got loads of more fangirls. I wasn't hated anymore. The day when Jackson had introduced me to fighting made me realize that I want to learn how to fight, and definitely not hide from it anymore.

 

Dayeon P.O.V

 

Present Time

"Wow," I exclaimed. We all took a breather from the stories we had just revealed. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you were getting bullied," I apologized. Mark just patted my head.

"It's fine, I didn't want you to know. Plus, how the could I have not known my little sister was struggling with her life," He responded angrily. I patted his arm, but I felt bad for not telling him either.

"Wow, you guys have some serious sibling going down here, plus, thanks for the shoutout bro," Jackson commented. I rolled my eyes at him. Count on this guy to ruin a perfect mood. I had a "yow!" from Jackson.

"Shut up you idiot," Bambam commented while all the guys agreed. 

"Oh shut up little Bam! You just want to stare at Dayeon's face longer!" Jackson accused. My eyes met with Bambam's and I saw pink creep on his face.

"Ew, get away from my sister," Mark demanded.

"What? I haven't even come on to her yet!"

"YET. That's an important word," Jaebum stated. All the boys nodded. I looked the other way, trying to avoid Bambam's eyes.

"Whatever, on with the story, why did you hide that you had a heart disease?" Youngjae, my best friends, asked. I avoided his eyes too.

"I didn't want Mark to keep me in from the house if he know what I had been experiencing," I admitted. Mark facepalmed.

"Yah, that would have been better for your health!" 

"Yeah, but whatever, I got the surgery already, and not plastic surgery." I glared straight at Youngjae. 

"Oh, so Dr. Jung was the one taking care of you this whole time?" Yugyeom asked. I nodded.

"Yup!"

"Dammit, I have to do something awesome for that man," Mark swore. A silence had washed over us. We had so many questions to be answered, but yet we all spoke nothing. "You know what, we should continue this conversation tomorrow, we're all tired from training." We all headed our own ways. I laid on my bed thoughts filling my mind. "How could I have missed that Mark was getting buffer?" I asked myself. "While you were out stealing, he was probably out fighting, dammit, this is how." I ran my hand through my hair. I had fallen sleep from all the confusion that had ran through my mind. Hopefully, we'll be able to trust each other now and live a free life.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Wow! That was a nice chapter! I think that was a boring chapter, but a very important one. 

Ok, quick question, should I have Dayeon ending up with one of them in the ending, or just leave them all at friends? I wanted her to end up with a special someone *cough cough*, but I feel like I didn't add enough moments... If I don't get enough feedback on this I'm probably gonna just go my own way, aha. 

I've had this story going on for over a year now, holy cow! Still not finished, I'm so efficient. /facepalm

This story is coming to an end soon and I somehow am happy about that /smacks self

I hope you all check out all my other stories! ^^  I have other still-updating stories, so I hope you become attached to them!