Chapter 19

《The Arranged Marriage》

I recommend you to listen to EXO's Beautiful while reading this chapter ^^

 


[Ahri's pov]

 

  This is really happening.. Today I'm getting married... I heaved a long nervous sigh as I sat in a chair in front of a vanity and the stylists worked on my make up and hair.

  I was already at the wedding venue - a luxurious hotel that belonged to my father. The wedding was going to happen in a huge ballroom on the ground floor.

  I was at the moment in a presidential suite, getting ready for the wedding.

  My phone buzzed in the pocket of my jeans. I pulled it out and saw there was a text from Sehun.

Sehun: How is it going with getting ready?

Me: I'm still not done with makeup and hair and I still have to put on the dress...

Sehun: Seriously? I'm already ready and bored.

Me: Well, you're a guy - you don't have to get your makeup and hair done! And the bride is the centre of the attention at the wedding, so I can't go out looking like homless bum.

Sehun: Okay, okay. You proved your point. Go and get on with getting ready. I already miss you. I can't wait to see you!

Me: Me too!

 

 "Is the groom getting restless?" One of the stylists, Sunmi, asked with a small smile while doing my eye make up. I smiled in response.

  When my makeup and hair was done, I slipped my wedding dress on. The stylists went out of the room, leaving me alone.

  I looked at myself in a full length mirror. It was not me - it was a woman who was going to get married.

  My natural makeup made my face look flawless, my hair was did in a low bun. I had to admit, I looked beautiful in my wedding dress. I couldn't wait for Sehun to see me at the altar.

  A knock on the room door was heard.

 "Come in!" I shouted and the whole group of EXO (of course, except Sehun) entered the room.

 "Ahri..."

 "Wow.."

 "You look..."

  Gasps and aws and wows came from the group of guys.

 "I know I look great." I flipped some imaginary hair off my shoulder with a laugh. "You all look good too." I looked at eleven handsome guys dressed up in suits.

 "Congratulations!" The guys shouted together and clapped their hands.

 "Thank you!" I said and each and every one of them came to hug me.

 "You look great!" Jongin said with a charming smile, while the others nodded in agreement.

 "Sehun is truly lucky to have you as his wife." Kyungsoo commented. "That lucky brat."

 "If Sehun wasn't my friend, I would've already kidnapped you from the wedding." Kris said with a playful smirk and I hit his arm.

 "Sehun sent us here to check on you." Suho said with a teasing smile. "You don't even know how much he whined about wanting to see you before kicking us out to come to you." The whole room erupted in laughter.

 "We have a surprise for you!" Tao exclaimed, catching my attention.

 "What surprise?" I looked at Luhan who slapped his hand on Tao's mouth and Chanyeol who gave the youngest a smack on the head.

 "You'll see!" Kris winked at me and the guys went out of the room.

  Now I was even more curious.

  Another knock on the door came and my and Sehun's parents entered the room.

 "My only daughter is getting married!" My mom exclaimed as she threw her arms around me.

 "Mom, even though I'll be married, I'm still your little girl." I said and she released me from the tight embrace.

 "Ahri's right, honey." My dad placed his hands on my mom's shoulders as he saw her getting teary. The sight made me teary-eyed too.

 "Congratulations, darling!" The Oh's exclaimed and hugged me.

 "Thank you!" I smiled widely.

 "It's about time for you to walk down the aisle. Let's go!" My mom said and a couple of stylists came into the room and helped me with my dress as I made my way out.

 

****

 

  The nervousness kicked in when I was standing at the big doors that were leading to a room full of people who were there for my and Sehun's wedding, my arm linked with my dad's.

 "Nervous, are we?" My dad said beside me. I nodded and clamped my sweaty hands together. "Don't worry - you won't trip in those heels, you know how to walk in them." My dad joked with a wide smile.

 "Dad!" I shot him a playful glare and joined him as he started laughing.

 "I'm sure Sehun will take care of you. I trust him and that's why I'm not worried." He said seriously. "I know, at first you two didn't get along, but I have a feeling that you already have feelings for Sehun." I looked at him. "Well, I think Sehun has liked you for a long time too."

 "Dad, what do you mean?" I asked as he looked at me with a knowing look.

 "We went to him before coming to you. I know he likes you from the way he smiled when he talked about you." He said with a smile.

 "Don't worry about waht happened in the past and let yourself give in. Don't hide your feelings." My dad squeezed my hand with a reassuring smile on his face.

  Then the big doors opened revealing a ballroom full of people. There was a long red carpet lied out from where we were to the altar right across the room. Sehun was standing at the altar. My dad and I started to slowly make our way down the aisle.

  When Sehun caught the sight of me, his jaw dropped. I giggled at him. He smiled and waited for us to arrive at the altar.

  When we finally arrived at the altar, my dad gave my hand to Sehun and left with a pat on Sehun's back.

  Sehun and I stood in front of the altar where the priest stood.

 "You look so beautiful, Ahri." Sehun whispered to me with a genuine smile.

 "Thanks. You look handsome as well." I whispered back.

  Then the ceremony ensued.

  The time for vows came.

 "I, Oh Sehun, take you, Kim Ahri, to by my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward." Sehun began, looking at me seriously. "In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good time and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." I felt myself getting teary-eyed.

  Then it was my turn to say the vows. I said the same vows and we exchanged rings.

  The crowd started clapping.

 "I gladly announce you as husband and wife. Groom, you may kiss the bride." The priest announced and the crowd held their breaths as they waited for Sehun to kiss me.

  Sehun and I turned to each other. Then Sehun leaned in and I closed my eyes. I felt Sehun's lips on my cheek, instead of my lips.

  The rest of EXO started booing. Sehun and I snapped our heads at them and glared at them.

 "On the lips! On the lips!" They started chanting and soon the whole ballroom joined.

  Sehun and I looked at each other hesitating.

 "Can I?" Sehun asked timidly. I nodded shyly. "I love you, Ahri." Sehun confessed and pressed his lips onto mine.

  The whole ballroom roared. EXO whistled and clapped their hands like retarded seals.

  We parted our lips and looked at each other. Then we cracked up laughing.

  While holding hands, we walked down the aisle, the wedding guests led out us with loud claps.

 

****

 

  The reception was in a different ballroom.

  Everyone went right to the food and drinks, while I went up to my room to change, because I knew it was going to be hard to walk around with a long dress the whole night and went back down to the ballroom.

  Sehun and I went around greeting guests.

 "Congratulations!" A guy with wide shoulders came up to me and Sehun. He was talking in English.

 "Thank you!" I smiled and shook the hand he extended towards me.

 "I came instead of my parents, they are really bummed that they couldn't see the Kim's beautiful daughter on this special day." The guy said and sent a wink my way.

 "Your parents?" I asked.

 "My dad is the CEO of Wang Corporations. I'm their son, Wang Jackson." He said with a smile.

 "Please send them my best regards! I was hoping to see them here. But it is what it is."

  Jackson was leaning in towards me for a hug, but a hand in front of him stopped him.

 "No hugs. You know, we just got married." Sehun seriously said in Korean.

 "I know! I was just testing you." Jackson switched to Korean and playful hit Sehun's shoulder. "I was checking if you really loved the bride." He laughed.

 "You didn't need to." Sehun said with a poker face and brought his arm around my waist.

 "Don't mind him, he sometimes gets like this." I patted Sehun's chest as I said to Jackson. "Thank you for coming! And I hope your parents and I see each other soon!" I said and dragged Sehun away.

 "You really need to control your temper, you know." I scolded Sehun.

 "You're my wife. You're mine. I can't let some guy touch you." Sehun said and encircled his arms around my waist, my back leaning against his chest.

  I giggled as Sehun's breath tickled my neck when Sehun leaned in to place a soft kiss on my neck.

 "Stop! Everyone is looking." I whined in embarrassment and lightly slapped Sehun's arm. Everyone were looking at us, swooning over how sweet we looked.

 "I have a surprise for you." Sehun whispered into my ear and reminded me when Tao said the same thing.

  Sehun covered my eyes with his hands, asking if I could see anything. When I shook my head as a 'no', he started leading me somewhere.

  It was quiet; everyone seemed to be in on the surprise.

  When Sehun pulled away his hands from my eyes, I saw the whole EXO standing in a row in front of me, microphones in their hands.

  Sehun came from behind me and stood in front of me.

 "Honey, I have a surprise for you." Sehun said into a mic he probably got when my eyes were still covered.

  The wedding guests started applauding and the sweet melody sounded from the speakers.

  Sehun began.

 

In between your soft hair
Your eyes shine on me like starlight

 

  Sehun walked away and stood beside Tao. Kyungsoo piped in with his smooth voice followed by Suho.

 

You came to me at the end of a hard day
The desperate prayers of a small boy have reached you
Without color, scent or sound, you came into my heart
Like the color of the clear street after the rain
You resemble that freshness, my goddess

 

  Baekhyun and Kyungsoo"s sweet voices were heard. I listened to the lyrics and tears were already burning the back of my eyes.

 

 A flower rises in the sky, spring blossoms on the ground
You can’t stop it, it’s been decided since the start
My heart is pulled to you (love)

 

  Chanyeol sent a cute wink my way.

 

The moment your breath touches me, your scent colors me in

 

  The time for the chorus came and the twelve guys sang together.

 

Beautiful Beautiful
Your body movement resembles a flower petal
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I worry that you will break
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
So I can’t even hug you all I want
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My dazzling love

Beautiful Beautiful
Open the door of heaven (open the door)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My eyes are drenched with joy (cheers explode)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Even forgetting time for a bit (let’s go to Eden)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I’m dreaming a dream of you forever

 

  Baekhyun and Jongin continued after the chorus. Kyungsoo, Suho and Chanyeol followed them after.

 

All of your words become wind and spin around me
Your tickling whispers tear everything up like a whirlwind
My heart can’t settle down
When my name touched your lips
I used to be meaningless but now I’m special

The sky is the color of the ocean, a golden light enters
(Look) You don’t know when it will come, a love like the sunset
It quietly spreads (love)
Even if you’re a different color, I’m being colored into your world

 

  I thought I was going to burst in tears. I stood with my hand over my mouth. Sehun looked at my lovingly with a smile.

 

Beautiful Beautiful
Your body movement resembles a flower petal
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I worry that you will break (I’m afraid you’ll break)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
So I can’t even hug you all I want (in case you break)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My dazzling love

Beautiful Beautiful
Open the door of heaven (only allow me
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My eyes are drenched with joy (cheers explode)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Even forgetting time for a bit (let’s leave together)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I’m dreaming a dream of you forever

 

  The others continued singing softly, making Kyungsoo's voice stand out.

 

Oh so Beautiful (Oh you’re so beautiful)
Oh so Beautiful (so beautiful to me)
Oh so Beautiful (and I just gotta let you know, girl)
to me, to me.

 

  They ended the song with the chorus and I finally burst in tears of joy.

 

Beautiful Beautiful
Your voice is a melody (your voice is a melody)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Following the deep light
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
More than any star in a legend (any star)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
You’re brighter

Beautiful Beautiful
Open the door of heaven (only allow me
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My eyes are drenched with joy (I’m falling only into you)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Even forgetting time for a bit (even forgetting myself)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I’m dreaming a dream of you forever

 

 

  The song ended and Sehun was standing in front of me again, with a big smile on his face as I stood there crying in happiness.

  I threw my hands around Sehun's neck and pulled him into a hug.

 "Do you like the surprise?" Sehun asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up.

 "Yes, I love it!" I kissed Sehun's lips as he brushed a few tears from my cheek with his thumb.

  Sehun let me down back on the floor and pecked my lips.

 "Ahri!" I heard Tao's voice shriek as Sehun let me go from his tight embrace. Tao ran up to me and engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug.

  Soon, all of EXO came into a group hug, almost crushing me.

 "Thank you so much!" I said still being crushed by eleven over-excited guys.

 

****

 

  The celebration stretched long into the night.

  The party spirit was still in the air as everyone was getting lose.

  I was sitting at the table with Sehun, Tao, Jongin and Kris.

  Tao was already drunk but was still going, while Jongin and Kris were watching ove him. I was slowly sipping my third glass of champagne.

 "Wanna get out of here?" Sehun whispered into my ear.

 "Can we?" I whispered back as I looked around. What if we are going to be needed here?..

 "Of course, no one will notice us not being here." Sehun convinced me and we both stood up from the table. Sehun took my small hand in his big one and we both walked out of the ballroom unnoticed.

  We took the elevator to the last floor. We walked down a dark hall until we reached a tinted glass door. Sehun opened it and let me through.

  The slight breeze was just perfect in the night's hot weather.

  I looked around and found us at the rooftop lounge. There were lounge chairs, benches and a bar that was not tended by anyone. Little lamps on the railings gave off a romantinc ambiance.

  I walked to the railings and looked out in the front. The sight was beautiful; lights coming from surrounding buildings and from the cars below were twinkling beautifully.

 "It's so pretty..." I commented in awe.

 "But you're prettier." Sehun softly said in to my ear as he s his arms around my waist once again. I let out a chuckle. "I'm sorry.." Sehun said after a while.

 "For what?" I asked and turned around to face Sehun, his arms still around my waist.

 "In the beginning, I was such a . I'm truly sorry." He said while looking down in guilt.

 "I was no better myself." I said with a small smile.

 "But still.." Sehun kept going on.

 "Listen." I said as I placed my hands on the sides of his face, making him look up at me. "It doesn't matter what was in the beginning, what matters is now." I looked straight into Sehun's eyes.

 "I'm so lucky to have you as my wife." Sehun said and embraced me.

 "And I'm so lucky to have you as my husband." I said with a smile and snuggled my face into Sehun's chest as I brought my arms around his waist.

 


 

[A/N]

 

  Here it is! The wedding has finally happened!

  I was writing this chapter while listening to EXO's Beautiful and I was crying from feels.

  I going to publish the Kai oneshot soon, I'm still editing it.

  Actually, I'm quite embarrassed about what i wrote \(///Σ///)\

  But I hope I'll have enough confidence to publish it.

  Today, I decided to give you a Sehun gif spam.

 

  I hope you didn't die.