Chapter 10

《The Arranged Marriage》

[Sehun's pov]

 

  I thought about the things that Ahri said. Maybe she is more than just a spoiled girl.. I thought laying on the couch while looking at Ahri who was sleeping on the bed her back facing me.

  Without knowing, I slowly drifted to sleep.

  I woke up from the sound of the door closing. I opened my eyes and noticed that Ahri was no longer on the bed. Then I heard the sound of the water hitting the shower floor.

  I decided to go and make breakfast, so I got up and went downstairs.

  I made some pancakes. That's the only thing that turned out good when I cooked them. I put the plates with pancakes on the table in the dining room.

  As I took a seat at the table I heard foot steps coming towards the dining room.

 When Ahri entered the dining room she didn't even spare a glance at me.

 "Come and sit." I said quite firmly to Ahri while taking a bite of my pancake. She took a seat on the chair in front of me and looked strangely at the pancakes on the plate. "Eat." I said this time more softly.

  Suddenly my phone buzzed on the dining table close to me.

 

Mom: Good morning! I was thinking... Did you and Ahri go on a date?

Me: Morning. No.

Mom: Then take her on a date today. Take her to an amusement park or something.

Me: Are you being serious right now?

Mom: Yes. And if you don't take my daughter-in-law on a date, you don't want to know what will happen to you.

Me: Okay, okay.

 

  I typed in the last text message as I knew my mom. She can be scary sometimes..

 "After you're done eating, go and get ready." I said to Ahri while putting down the phone on the table. To my surprise, Ahri didn't say anything back and obeyed.

  While Ahri was getting ready in the bathroom, I was getting ready in our bedroom.

  I was dressed in my normal clothes - a plad shirt and dark blue jeans - with black sneakers.

  Not long after Ahri came out of the bathroom looking like this. She looked so beautiful. I blushed when she caught me ogling at her.

  Me and Ahri weren't talking at the beginning of the ride but somehow we started talking to each other. And it felt pretty good to be able to talk to Ahri normally for some reason.

  When I parked my car in the parking lot next to the amusement park, Ahri looked at me with a confused expression. I just exited the car and Ahri followed me to the front gate of the amusement park.

 "What are we doing here?" Ahri asked after she caught up with me.

 "We're on our date." I answered as I looked ahead while walking nearing a huge crowd of people.

  Because I didn't want Ahri to get lost, I took her hand in mine and pulled her closer to me as we entered the crowd. For a moment I looked at Ahri and saw her cheeks tinged with a dark shade of red. Cute.. Wait, what? What's wrong with you, Oh Sehun?! I widened my eyes as I thought and quickly looked back at the lessening crowd.

 "So what do you want to ride first?" I asked Ahri as I turned to look at her and stopped in my tracks. Ahri looked around and I saw her eyes glittering. "Have you ever been to a amusement park before?" I asked again and Ahri shook her head. "Why?" I asked and Ahri tilted her head cutely while thinking. I never knew she could be so cute.. I thought with a small smile plastered on my face.

 "I just didn't have time, I guess." Ahri answered. She was no longer talking to me in a cold tone.

 "Then I guess I'll take the lead." I said with a charming smile and pulled Ahri heading to take a ride on a roller coaster.

  We went on a couple of fun rides and then we just walked around the amusement park grounds.

 "Do you want to go on the ferris wheel, since the amusement park will close after about 20 minutes?" I asked as I looked at Ahri who was looking with a smile at kids playing next to the fountain.

 "Yeah." Ahri answered and looked at me. I nodded and we went to stand in line to get on the ferris wheel.

  When we finally got on one of the cabins of ferris wheel I and Ahri sat on both of the sides facing each other. While Ahri was admiring the lights of the city shining brightly in the dark, since it was about 9.30p.m, I couldn't stop myself from looking at Ahri.

 "Sehun," I got slightly startled when Ahri called my name. "Thanks for today." Ahri said shyly which was quite strange for her. She always had that cold façade.

 "Your welcome. I actually never had this much fun since I was a kid." I said and flashed a charming smile.

 "Me too." Ahri said and smiled.

  It was the first time Ahri smiled in front of me. Suddenly I felt a weird feeling inside of me. It's not what I think it is, its not what I think it is.. I repeated in my head while Ahri turned her attention to the beautiful view of the city.

  This can't be happening..

 

[Ahri's pov]

 

  Well, I got to have some fun and see another - gentle - side of Sehun today.

  Sehun was already sleeping on the bed, while I was sitting on the couch in the bedroom with my laptop because I wasn't tired. I was surfing the Internet looking for information about modeling agencies. Yes, I wanted to be a model and I wasn't thinking about going to a college or a university after graduating from high school. My parents wanted me to achieve my dreams instead of working for my dad's company.

  When it was about 1a.m, I decided to go to sleep. On the couch, of course.

  I woke up from the loud snoring. Ugh.. Are you effin' kidding me?! I thought as I was pressing the pillow on my ears trying to block the annoying sound of snoring.

  I couldn't take it much longer and threw the pillow aiming for Sehun's face. And I succeeded.

 "What was that for?!" Sehun yelled in his morning voice as he quickly sat on the bed and looked at me wide eyed.

 "You were snoring!" I yelled back and got up from the couch.

 "You know, you didn't have to throw a pillow at my face.." Sehun mumbled and formed a little pout with his lips. Why is he acting cute? He would be already fumming now after I yelled at him. Okay, something is really weird about him.. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. But shrugged it off and went to get ready for school.

  When I was done getting ready I went downstairs to the kitchen. I only wanted to drink some grape juice since I wasn't hungry. With a glass of grape juice, I went to the living room.

  When the clock showed that it was 7.20a.m, I headed to school.

  The first 3 lessons of the day were quite boring. I had my lunch and went to the dance practice classroom after changing to simple black sweatpants and a white t-shirt because the following lesson was dance class.

  When the bell rang the dance, coach and students filled the room. There were some students that I've never seen before during dance class.

  As I and Jongin were talking while others were doing warm ups, we were interrupted by a cough.

  We both looked at the direction where the cough came from and saw Sehun standing in front of us.

 "What are you doing here?" Jongin asked looking at Sehun confused.

 "I don't know. The dance coach just said that I have to be here." Sehun answered and looked at me while I was just looking at him with an empty stare. After looking at me for a while he took a seat on the floor next to me and Jongin.

 "Attention!" the dance coach slightly yelled to get everyone's attention and silence filled the dance practice classroom. "I have some interesting news to tell you." the coach paused for awhile and the students exchanged confused stares. "As you all now the seniors will graduate in 2 weeks. So we decided to organize a talent show and you all have to participate in it!" the coach announced and all started to cheer. "Okay, okay.. You can only divide pairs." and the students started to talk about who they want to dance with.

  After a couple of minutes all were together with their pairs. Except me and Sehun because some girl asked Jongin to be her partner.

 "So, did all of you found your pairs? Raise your hand if you didn't." the coach said and scanned the room. I and Sehun raised our hands. "Oh, Miss Kim and Mr. Oh doesn't have a pair, then I guess you two will make our last pair!" the coach announced cheerfully and I and Sehun looked at each other with our jaws dropped.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

  What's shakin' bacon? (Seriously?)

  I couldn't update because my leg is out of plaster and I started going to school. I actually am in more pain than when before my leg was in plaster and I still have to walk with crutches.

  I don't know if I'm pleased with this chapter... I DUNNO!!!

  Okay, smell you later!