Chapter 16

《The Arranged Marriage》

[Ahri's pov]

  It was Tuesday - the day of the talent show.

  Because those who were participating in the talent show didn't need to attend the classes, Sehun was driving us to the school at 11a.m.

  I was wearing this while Sehun was wearing this.

  Even though my ankle was pretty much fine, because I took a really good care of it and so did Sehun, when we arrived at the school the latter helped me out of the car to the school's gym where the talent show was held.

  A lot of students were already in the gym. Sehun and I took a seat near the stage thay was built just for the talent show. After about 15 minutes the event started. 

 "Hello students!" The principal beamed as he stood on the stage in front of the whole school.

  He was a fun man in his forties. It was weird that the school's principal was the MC because he was quite a busy man.

 "As all of you already know, today we're having a talent show!" The principal shouted in excitement as the students who filled the gym cheered in response. "We have a lot of participants, so let's not waste time and get started!"

  All of my and Sehun's classmates who were in my dance class were performing. Then only Sehun and I were left. 

 "Give it up for Soeun and Jongin!" The principal shouted and the students roared. I was one of them too. But I didn't even know that Sehun was glaring at Jongin while the latter waved at me with a big smile on his face. Sweat was dripping from Jongin's forehead and his collarbones, that were exposed because he was wearing a low collared t-shirt, were glistening too.

 "It should be our turn now." Sehun leaned sideways towards me and whispered. 

 "I want to thank all of the students for participating in today's event." The principal smiled brightly. "Can you all come up on the stage? We have one more thing prepared for you." The bright smile on principal's face turned in to sly one. "And I want Miss Ahri and Mr. Sehun to come up too." Us? Sehun and I looked at each other confused, but went with it and joined the others on the stage. 

 "Hey." Jongin greeted me with a whisper. I just smiled in response. 

  Gifts bags were given to the participants. The gifts ranged from chocolate to school supplies - pens, notebooks, etc. Sehun and I didn't get any.

 "It's unfortunate that Ahri and Sehun's couple couldn't participate because of an injury." The principal said with a comforting smile. "But we foumd a solution!" He beamed. "You all will take a part in Papero game!" The principal announced as I stood there gawking at him. What the hell is wrong with him?! I turned my head to the left to look at Sehun, but he just smiled and apologetic smile. 

  But the audience seemed to really like the idea. REALLY. 

 "The couple who will be left with the shortest piece of a Papero stick, wins. But there won't be any prices because the Papero stick itself is a price. And if you're lucky, you'll get a Papero kiss." The principal winked at us.

  A lot of the couples were left with Papero stick pieces about 3 centimeters long. All of them were shy while doing it. I just stood there dreading my and Sehun's turn.

 "Now it's time for Ahri and Sehun's couple. I reckon you won't be that shy, since you're a real couple." They know?! Sehun and I looked at each other with wide eyes. "I heard you're getting married. Let's congratulate them with a big round of applause!" The audience started cheering like crazy. Except EXO fangirls, of course. Is this a school or a circus? "A lot of people are so excited to see you play this game. So let's get started!" The principal said and gave Sehun a Papero stick. 

  Sehun and I looked at each other unsure. 

 "What are you waiting for?" The principal looked at us with anticipation and so did the whole crowd witnessing this ridiculous event. 

  Sehun handed me the chocolate covered end and I bit it and then Sehun started chewing the other end, his lips coming closer to mine. He went really slowly which was in a way agonizing. At first I was looking at Sehun's shirt, because I couldn't look at his eyes from embarrassment.

  I knew that Sehun was really close to me when I felt his nose tip touch mine. Sehun put his hands on the side of my head and lightly tilted it to the side to make it easier.

  After I opened my eyes for a moment, Sehun and mine eyes locked. Sehun stopped for a moment and I saw his Adam's Apple go up and down as he gulped. Then he resumed chewing the other end of the Papero stick, and as he did that, my heart felt like it would burst out of my ribcage. 

  From the corner of my eye, I saw Chanyeol, who was one of the people who helped to prepare for the talent show,  with a playful smirk slowly approaching us. He stood between Jongin and Sehun and I. 

  But Sehun, who was now really close to me, caught my attention. He was looking deeply into my eyes with his dark orbs and I couldn't help but to stare back. The whole audience was looking at us in silence, as if they weren't breathing. And so was I. 

 

[Author's pov]

 

  Chanyeol had planned a sneaky prank with Chen, Kris, Baekhyun and D.O. Because he was helping with the preparations for the talent show, he was chosen to do the job.

  He planned to go on the stage and stand next to Jongin so it would look like he was being there for the latter. 

  Chanyeol thought his plan was discovered by Ahri when he walked towards them. But Sehun caught her attention and it looked like she forgot about Chanyeol in just one second. 

  Now! Chanyeol sneakily extended his hand towards Sehun. Jongin saw him and tried to stop him, but he was too late. 

 

[Ahri's pov]

 

  Out of the sudden I felt Sehun being pushed towards me. 

  I stood thwre with my eyes wide as souscers and so did Sehun as our lips met. 

  The audience roared and so did the others on the stage. 

  Sehun quickly pulled himself away from me and cleared his throat looking away from me as I looked down to hide my crimson red face. 

 "I think you all agree that Sehun and Ahri are the winners of the Papero game, because they didn't leave a crumble of the Papero stick." The principal said and the audience roared once again. 

 "But don't they make a cute couple?" Chanyeol said as he motioned to Sehun and I after he took the mic from the principal. The audience clapped, some guys whistled. 

  When the longest ten minutes of my life ended, the talent show ended too and Sehun and I went to the parking lot.

  On our way there, a lot of students, who witnessed our Papero kiss, were wolf-whistling.

  Except for EXO fangirls. To them the talent show was a funeral. They threw daggers at me with their eyes as Sehun and I were walking down the halls towards the entrance of the school.

 

****

 

  The rest of the day was very awkward. 

  It was bed time and I was laying in the bed with my laptop on my stomach while Sehun was laying on the couch in our bedroom and playing with his phone. 

  Sometimes Sehun would groan startling me. 

 "Again?!" Sehun yelled and tossed his phone angrily somewhere. That somewhere was my arm. 

 "You throw pretty hard.." I said and moaned in pain as I rubbed my arm. Sehun quickly got up from the couch and ran to my side of the bed. 

 "I'm so sorry! I didn't do it on purpose.." Sehun looked at my arm with a frown and caressed it.

  Since when did he become so handsome? I thought with a small smile while looking at his face.

  Then, he suddenly turned to look at me. Our faces were just inches from each other. We stared  at each other's eyes, when I saw his eyes look at my lips. I quickly looked away while Sehun cleared his throat. That was close...

 

****

 

  The next day was the day of the graduation. 

  Sehun and I already received our diplomas and were at the school's campus with our parents. 

 "My little girl is already a woman..." My mom said as she hugged me. When she released me from the tight embrace, I saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

 "Mom.." I hugged her again as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. 

 "Honey, save your tears for Ahri's wedding." My dad put his arm around my mom's shoulders after we released form our hug.

 "You're right..." My mom nodded as she wiped her tears away with a handkerchief. 

 "Congratulations on graduating, sweetie!" Mrs. Oh beamed as she approached us.

 "Thank you Mrs. Oh!" I bowed to her and she hugged me. 

 "Call me 'mom'. We will be a family soon anyways." Mrs. Oh said with a big smile. 

 "Congratulations, Ahri." Mr. Oh smiled as he hugged me too.

 "We should take some photos!" Mrs. Oh exclaimed and pulled out her camera from her -coloured clutch. "Sehun, come. Stand next to Ahri and hold up your diplomas." Mrs. Oh commanded and Sehun obeyed and he stood next to me shyly. 

 "Closer." My dad commanded too. "And put your arm around Ahri's waist." 

 "Dad!" I whined as I felt my cheeks getting warmer. He just winked in response. 

 "Do as your father-in-law said." Mrs. Oh said and Sehun did as he was told. "Good!" My mother-in-law said after she snapped the photo with her camera. 

 "They're so cute together!" Both of our parents awed as they viewed the picture of Sehun and I. 

 "Their grandfathers did know what they were getting their grandchildren into." Mr. Oh said with a smile. 

  Sehun and I just looked at each other shyly. 

 "Oh, and your graduation presents are already at your house. I hope I'll see you, Ahri, wearing my present. " My mom said and our parents exchanged mischievous smiles. What did they do now?

 "Hey there!" Chanyeol greeted us as he and the rest of EXO approached us. Sehun and I greeted them back and they greeted our parents too.

 "Did you know that the school rented a whole club for the graduates?" Kris asked excitedly. 

 "Really?" Sehun asked, looking really excited. 

 "Yeah. The whole thing starts at 8p.m and it will probably end at 4 or 5a.m." Lay explained. 

  After chatting some more, we all bid our goodbyes and went our ways. My and Sehun's way - home.

  When we finally arrived home, we saw a pile of gifts in the living room. 

 "Let's see what we've got here..." I said after I took off my graduation gown and white ballet flats. I didn't want to wear heels to the graduation ceremony because my feet would've hurt. 

  I opened the first gift that was from my dad. It was a pearl necklace. I thanked him in mimd. The second was from my mom and it was a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.

 "My mom does know what to buy me as a present." I lightly chuckled and picked up another gift. The tag on it said it was from my in-laws. 

 "Your parents even got me a present?" I looked at Sehun, who was looking at a navy blue necktie with white stripes, with wide eyes.

 "I guess so. Your parents got me this necktie." Sehun said with a smile and showed me the necktie while I just smiled in return. 

  The gift from my in-laws was a diamond necklace with a matching pair of diamond studs.

 "Your parents are so sweet..." I said to Sehun as I adored my gift. "So what did you get?" I asked as I put down the in-laws' gift on the coffee table in the living room.

 "I got the necktie I showed you from your parents and a watch from my parents." Sehun said and showed me the watch. 

 "So what do you want for lunch?" I asked Sehun as I picked up all of my gifts.

 "Wait. We have one gift left." Sehun said as he picked up a quite big present. "It says it's for both of us." 

 "Open it." I said and waited for him to rip of the wrapping paper. 

  It was a box. As Sehun opened the box, I got closer to look what was inside. 

  They're ridiculous. 

  Sehun pulled out a white teddy bear from the box.

 "What does this mean?" Sehun asked me confused. I looked what else was inside the box and found a little note. "What does it say?" Sehun asked again.

 "'We hope to see our little grandchild soon! With love from your parents'." I read out loud. "They are so outrageous.. But it's a cute teddy bear." I said as I looked at the teddy bear in Sehun's hands.

 

****

 

  Sehun and I were relaxing in the living room while watching TV. 

 "It's already 6p.m. I better go and get ready." I said after looking at the clock hanging on the wall and stood up from the couch. 

 "Isn't it too early to get ready?" Sehun asked and he grabbed my wrist as I was walking past him. 

 "No, if you're a girl." I said with a smile and went get ready in my and Sehun's bedroom.

 

****

 

 "How much longer will I have to wait?" I heard Sehun ask behind the bedroom door. He was already dressed up. He was dressed in black skinny jeans, a white v-neck and a leather jacket. 

 "Can't you be more patient?" I said as I finished putting on lipstick and took my clutch. 

 "No-" I cut Sehun off by opening the door of our bedroom. 

  With his mouth agape, Sehun scanned me with his eyes from head to toe. I was wearing this and the back of the dress was like this.

 "Now you see why it was worth waiting?" I smirked a little as Sehun's eyes lingered on my legs. Sehun cleared his throat and went down the stairs. 

 "Let's go." Sehun said and exited the house and went towards his car. As I was walking behind him, I saw his ears turn red. I chuckled lightly and we both got into his car.

  Then we drove off to the nightclub. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

[A/N]

  Hey!

  I'm back with another chapter. 
 

  Health update: I'm alright. The numbness from the whole left side of my body is only left in my fingers. The tests that were run on me didn't show anything serious and the doctors aren't really worried about me. But there's something wrong with my heart, but the doctors said to not be too worried and take some calcium and vitamin D for two months. I got discharged on the 31st of October. But if anything will go wrong again, I'll have to come back to the hospital. So I'm just praying nothing will go wrong with me.

  I really want to thank you all for being understanding and patient and wishing for me to get better 

  I'm actually going to be dancing in a talent show at my school. It will take place on the 14th of November. I still don't really have a song that I'm going to dance to and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. So these days I have been really stressed. I have been feeling hopeless and my heart right now is not really doing good because of the stress. 
 

  But I'll somehow overcome the stress. (I hope.)
 

 BTW, follow me on Instagram: linksmukas2000

  'Kay, gotta go.