Chapter 15

《The Arranged Marriage》

[Ahri's pov ]

 

  It was Sunday.

  As much as I didn't want to admit, I felt lonely without Sehun. He didn't even text me.. I pouted unknowingly as I looked at my phone.

  I was changing to my swimsuit and went to the pool in the backyard. I decided to take a quick dip, because it was so humid that day.

  I didn't know how to swim, so I was in only shallow part of the pool.

  As I was getting out of the pool, I accidentally slipped. Good thing I knew how to float in the water.

  As I got out of the pool while climbing the ladder, I felt a sharp pain in my left ankle. I hope it won't hurt tomorrow.. If my ankle will hurt as much as now, Sehun and I won't be able to participate in the talent show.

  I went back in, task that was quite difficult, because my ankle hurt like hell.

  After changing, I bandaged my ankle and let it rest while I watched TV in the living room.

  And without knowing, I fell asleep.

 

****

 

  What time is it?.. I sat up on the couch and looked at my phone. It showed 11p.m. Luckily, I did my homework earlier.

  I got up from the couch and limped to the kitchen to make dinner.

  While I was chopping up some vegetables, I heard the front door open. I put down the knife on the cutting board and went to the front door.

 "Ahri!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. He came back sooner than he said. As I entered the hall I was engulfed in a huge bear hug. "Were you lonely without me?" he asked.

 "No." I answered jokingly while Sehun adorably pouted. I was really lonely without you... I said in my mind as I pouted inwardly.

 "Don't lie." Sehun smiled playfully as he picked me up from the ground. I just smiled a small smile. "The business meeting tomorrow was canceled, so I came back sooner."

 "Put me down, if you want to get something to eat today." I said, still in his arms.

 "You don't know how hungry I am." He put me down and I started to make my way back to the kitchen.

  But I was stopped by a hand on my wrist.

 "What happened?" Sehun looked at my ankle worried.

 "I just slipped when I was getting out of the pool." I reassured him, even though I was in a lot of pain.

 "You should be more careful..." Sehun looked really concerned.

 "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt that much." I lied and resumed limping to the kitchen, wincing now and then.

  But suddenly, Sehun scooped me up in his arms. I looked at Sehun's face with eyes wide as souscers.

 "Let me go." I said and looked away from embarrassment.

 "No way. You can't tire your already hurt foot." Sehun said and carried me to the kitchen. "I'm going to make dinner instead of you, so just stay here and don't try walking." He said while letting me down on one of the barstools behind the kitchen island.

 "Are you sure?" I asked Sehun.

 "Yeah." Sehun smiled at me as he was taking of his suit jacket and went to resume the cooking.

  He looks so handsome... I thought as I observed Sehun being so focused on making the dinner. He was wearing a crisp white button-up shirt, a maroon tie and dark grey suit pants.

 "Like what you see?" Sehun suddenly turned around with a smirk.

 "What?" I acted as if nothing happened. 

 "You have been burning a hole in my back since I started cooking." Sehun said as he walked towards the kitchen island and leaned over, his face in really close to mine. I just looked at him with my usual poker face to hide my embarrassment. "See? You even can't make up an excuse." Sehun smirked and leaned in close that I even felt his breath on my lip.

 "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and looked away. Sehun cockly chuckled and went back to the stove.

  Sehun went back to cooking as I sat there with a red face.

 

****

 

 "Here you are." Sehun placed a plate with a steak and some vegetables on the side in front of me.

 "Thanks." I said as I picked up a fork and a knife and tasted the steak.

 "How is it?" Sehun looked at me, anticipating my answer.

 "Good." I said with a small smile.

  Sehun smiled brightly in response and we dug in our dinner.

 "Ahri.." Sehun called me. I looked up from my plate signaling him to continue. "I think we shouldn't participate in tomorrow's talent show." He said with a concerned look.

 "Why? If it's because of my ankle, I'm okay to participate on Tuesday." I lied yet again.

 "Stop lying." Sehun said sternly. "I know you're in a lot of pain." I just sat there with my head hung low. "I'm going to talk to the dance teacher tomorrow." I nodded and resumed eating.

  After the dinner, Sehun went to do the dishes. As for me, I sneakily got up from the barstool and made my way upstairs to the bedroom.

 "Where do you think you're going?" Sehun sternly said behind me. I sighed in defeat. I was already in front of the fist step of the staircase leading to the 2nd floor.

  Sehun came to me and scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the bedroom.

 "Do you want to go shower first?" Sehun asked.

 "Yeah, sure. Just let me get my things." I said and Sehun let me down on the couch.

  I got up to walk towards the walk-in closet.

 "Maybe you want me to get you your things?" Sehun asked as he stopped me.

 "Then just bring me my sleep shirt. It's really big, so you'll know which one it is." I said as he went to the closet.

 "What about bottoms?" Sehun asked while searching for my sleep shirt in the closet.

 "They're in the bathroom." I answered. I forgot my black sweatshorts there that morning.

 "I can't find it." Sehun said after a while of searching. I decided to check myself, so I got up and hopped over to him on my right leg.

 "Oh right... I took it to the laundry room today." I remember after searching for it too.

 "Then I'll give you one of my t-shirts." Sehun aaid and searched for a t-shirt in his section of the walk-in closet. "Here." Sehun gave me a t-shirt with Rolling Stones logo and scooped me up in his arms again.

  "Just shout if you need something." Sehun said and left the bathroom after bringing me there.

  I took a bath. Because my ankle really hurt, I couldn't take a shower. I got dressed in my sweatshorts and Sehun's t-shirt.

  The smell of Sehun's t-shirt was definitely his - masculine and minty. And for some reason, the smell made me really comfortable.

  I limped out of the bathroom to be greeted by a y shirtless Sehun laying on the bed with his phone in his hands.

 "Oh, you're done?" Sehun looked up to me from his phone. I nodded in response. He got up from the bed and came to me.

 "You know, this is getting annoying." I said as Sehun carried me, once again, to the bed.

 "What is?" Sehun asked as he went to the couch and took a cushion.

 "You always carrying me." I answered as I tried to get comfortable on the bed.

 "But I don't want you to be in even more pain." Sehun said as he put the cushion under my ankle to support it.

 "But it's annoying." I said in an annoyed tone.

 "If you think your whines will make me stop doing that to you, you're really wrong." Sehun stuck his tongue out at me and went to the bathroom.

  I chuckled and got in a more comfortable position and tried to sleep.

  I couldn't fall asleep. Maybe it's because I took a nap earlier... I thought, still trying to fall asleep.

  I heard when Sehun went out of the bathroom. After a couple of minutes, I felt a weight next to me on the bed.

  Sehun wrapped his arms around my torso and I snuggled closer to him.

 "Goodnight." Sehun whispered softly.

  Strangely, I fell asleep not long after.

  Maybe because of the warmth, maybe because I was finally in Sehun's arms again.

  While Sehun was gone, I couldn't get any sleep. It was because I got used to sleeping with that ert.

 

****

 

  I don't want to get up.. I snuggled even more towards the warmth when the annoying sound of the alarm clock woke me up.

 "Shut up." Sehun said in his y morning voice and punched the alarm clock off. Then he brought me even closer to him, if that was even possible.

 "We have to get up, you know. We have school today." I said as I looked up to his face. He opened one eye and looked at me.

 "I don't want to.." Sehun whined and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "I just want to lay in the bed the whole day."

 "But we have to." I said softly as I patted his back.

 "Okay.." Sehun whined and let me go. "How's your ankle?" Sehun asked me as he sat up on the bed.

 "Better than yesterday." I smiled slightly.

 "That's good." Sehun yawned as he stretched out his limbs. His toned chest and stomach muscles got even more visible. I looked away blushing and got up from the bed.

 "I'm going to get ready first." I cleared my throat and went to the bathroom after getting the things I needed.

  After I got ready, Sehun carried me to the kitchen against my will. I made some basic breakfast - scrambled eggs and toast - and waited for Sehun.

  After we had breakfast, Sehun took me to school with his car, saying I shouldn't put too much pressure on my ankle, even though it got better.

  After we arrived at the school and Sehun helped me get out of the car, everyone in the school started whispering about us. Like, what the quiet girl is doing with the school's kingka?

  I was actually surprised that no one knew about my and Sehun's relationship. I thought Donghyun would have revealed it the minute he learned.

  Sehun helped me walk to our classroom by wrapping his arm around my waist. If I was in another situation, I would smack his arm so he would let me go. But my ankle hurt like it was being cut by a chainsaw, so I didn't mind him touching me.

 "Hey, Ahri!" Jongin greeted me as Sehun led me to my seat. "What happened?" He asked worried.

 "She slipped." Sehun answered instead of me.

 "Does it hurt a lot?" Jongin put his hands on my shoulders as he looked at my bandaged ankle.

 "It's bearable." I smiled at him reassuringly as he smiled sweetly in return. Sehun made me look at him by clearing his throat.

 "If you'll need something, just ask me." Sehun smiled at me and, before going to his seat, he glared at Jongin. What's up with him? I thought as I narrowed my eyes at him.

  The bell rang and the teacher entered the classroom and started the class.

 

****

 

  It was finally lunch break. Surprisingly, I was quite hungry.

 "So you want to get lunch?" Jongin asked as I got up from my seat.

 "Sure." I answered with a smile.

 "You're going to get lunch?" Sehun asked as he came up to us.

 "Yeah." Jongin answered. "How about you?" Jongin asked and Sehun just nodded. "Then let's go!" Jongin beamed as he wrapped his arm around my waist - the same way as Sehun that morning - and led me out of the classroom, leaving Sehun to trail behind.

  What I didn't notice was Sehun's sulky mood.

  When we were in the cafeteria, we went to the table where EXO were sitting at.

 "Hey!" D.O greeted us with a wide smile while the others waved at us with their mouths full. I smiled in return.

 "What happend to your foot, Ahri?" Chanyeol asked as a rice grain fell of his lip.

 "I slipped." I answered after Jongin left my side to get us food.

 "Be careful next time.." Lay said as the guys looked at me concerned. I just nodded with a small smile.

 "Where's Sehun?" Baekhyun asked suddenly.

 "Wasn't he following us to the cafeteria?" Jongin asked me as he put the tray with food on the table in front of me.

 "He was. I guess he went somewhere." I shrugged and dug into my food.

 "Hey." A familiar voice behind me greeted. I turned around to be greeted by the ugly face of Donghyun.

 "What do you want?" I asked while looking at him with an empty stare.

 "Nothing. I was just worried about you. I saw you coming to school with your fiancée this morning. You were limping." Donghyun smiled not-so-genuinely.

 "Worried?" Sehun laughed behind Donghyun. The latter was quite startled and turned around to look at the person behind him. "Don't joke like that, you'll make me die from laughter." Sehun laughed once more. Suddenly, his face expression turned hard and cold. "Go away." He said sternly.

 "So what happened?" Donghyun turned to me as he asked, totally ignoring Sehun.

 "None of your business." I said coldly.

 "Well, I'm really worried about you." He said with a fake smile and put his hand on my shoulder. At that moment, I already knew Donghyun's true intention. I heard Sehun growl and he aggressively took Donghyun's hand off my shoulder.

 "Don't even dare to touch her." Sehun warned Donghyun, but the latter just smirked.

 "But I touched her where you didn't." Now you're looking for trouble, boy. Fuming, Sehun punched Donghyun so hard, that I even heard something crack.

  Then all of the students', who were having lunch, attention was on the commotion near our table.

  Kris, Chanyeol and Jongin ran to stop Sehun from punching Donghyun third time, and thankfully they stopped him.

  Sehun was panting while dangerously glaring at Donghyun, who was on the ground with a nosebleed and a cut lip. But he was still smirking. That dickhead!

 "Don't you dare to talk about my fiancée like that, bastard!" Sehun yelled and the whispers around us began.

 "What is he talking about?"

 "Did he say 'fiancée'?!"

 "Who is she?"

 "Don't tell me it's her-"

 "And, for your information. I'm her soon-to-be husband, and you know the duties of married couples?" Sehun smirked victoriously and pulled me out of the cafeteria.

  Donghyun was left on the cafeteria's floor with a seriously funny defeated expression.

  Sehun pulled me with him to the rooftop. He didn't even stop for one second, so my ankle started hurting like hell.

 "Why did you pull me all the way here?" I asked in an annoyed tone after he let go of my wrist. Sehun didn't answer and kicked the railings of the rooftop instead.

 "Hey-"

 "Is it true?" Sehun cut me off.

 "What's true?" I looked at him confused.

 "The thing he said.." Sehun looked at me with hope filled eyes.

  I just looked at him with an empty stare.

 "Answer me!" Sehun groaned while ruffling his hair.

  I just kept looking at him with an empty stare while trying really hard not to laugh. But that plan was ruined, because I started releasing strange sounds. When I couldn't take it, I burst.

 "Why are you laughing?.." Sehun stuttered at the beginning of the sentence while looking at me confused.

 "You're too funny..." I said while wiping my tears when I calmed down from my laughing fit.

 "What do you mean?" Sehun asked still confused.

 "What you said is too funny..." I answered still panting.

 "What?" Sehun asked as he came towards me.

 "You should never believe what Donghyun says." I said with a smile. "He only said that to piss you off."

 "So you mean he lied?" Sehun said as a smile slowly creeped up his face and I nodded in response.

  He suddenly hugged me. He sighed in relief as I patted his back.

 "But that comeback was effin' genius." I laughed and started blushing in Sehun's embrace. He let me go and looked away in embarrassment.

 "I just came up with it on the spot." Sehun cleared his throat.

 "But why did you get so worked up?" I asked the question that was bugging me the most.

 "Let's go, we have classes to attend to." Sehun avoided my question and pulled me inside.

  When we were on the rooftop, we didn't hear the bell ring, so we were late to the class by about 20 minutes. So the Science teacher gave us detention.

 

****

 

 "I'm not going to let you just sit there for an hour." The Science teacher who gave us detention said as Sehun and I were sitting in our seats. "You'll be on the cleaning duty today. Go and get cleaning supplies from the storage room and when you'll be done, come and report to me to the teachers' office." He said and left the classroom.

 "This is all your fault.." I glared at Sehun as I got up from my seat and headed to the storage room, which was in the whole other end of the school.

 "Why is it my fault?" Sehun asked innocently while I rolled my eyes.

 "You know why." I said as we both were walking down the hallway. "But I'm surprised that you didn't get in trouble by hitting Donghyun."

 "Don't mention that bastard's name." Sehun growled.

 "Okay, okay. Why did that dickhead didn't tell on you?" I looked at Sehun.

 "What's with the language?" Sehun said to me teasingly. I just stuck my tongue out at him. "I don't know.." Sehun shrugged his shoulders as we entered the storage room.

  We got the supplies and went back to clean the classroom.

 "Oh, I forgot to tell you something." Sehun suddenly said as both of us were wiping the windows. I hummed in response. "The dance teacher was understanding of our situation."

 "That's good then." I nodded.

 "But we still have to prepare for tomorrow, because he said there will be more activities aside from the talent portion of the show." Sehun said and I looked at him with a frown. "I think it's stupid too." He snickered as I smiled in return.

  I was having a hard time wiping the higher part of the window. I did everything I could to reach the higher part, but I couldn't.

  Suddenly, I felt Sehun's back press against mine.

 "You should tell me if you need help." Sehun said as he started wiping the part of the qindow where I couldn't reach. I blushed and stayed there.

  When Sehub was done, he looked down to looke at me with a sweet smile ans went to wipe other window while I went to mop the floor.