Chapter 13

《The Arranged Marriage》

[Ahri's pov] 

 

 "Get up.." Someone was shaking me. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head.

 "I don't want to.." I mumbled.

  For a couple of moments it was peaceful, but suddenly, the blanket was ripped off of me.

 "Yah-"

 "You'll be late for school if you don't get up now." Sehun said in a stern voice while standing with his hands on his hips. Haha.. He looks like a diva! I giggled inwardly as I was still laying on the bed. "Are you getting up or do I need to drag you out of the bed?" He asked staring intently at me.

 "Okay, okay.. I'm getting out of the bed myself.." I grumbled as I swung my legs off of the bed on the cold hardwood floor.

 

****

 

  Why are they glaring at me? I thought as I walked past a group of girls that were sending daggers with their eyes at me. Oh, right. I'm going to perform Trouble Maker with Sehun at the talent show. Well, the rumors spread n this school really fast, so why am I even surprised?

 "Good morning!" Jongin beamed as I entered the Biology classroom.

 "Hey." I greeted him back with a small smile and went to my seat.

 "So how did the practice with Sehun went?" Jongin asked as he took a seat next to me where that guy, Minwoo, always sat.

 "Good, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders as I took my Biology book out of my backpack. Jongin hummed in response.

 "Do you have any plans today after school?"

 "No, I asked Sehun this morning to take a break from practicing today, because I stil feel sore from yesterday."

 "So do you wanna hang out after school? We can go to a park or get something to eat.." Jongin said shyly, which was cute.

 "Yeah, sure." I said with a warm smile.

  We chatted more after that until the bell rang and Jongin went back to his seat.

 

****

 

  Finally.. The last class of the day.. I groaned inwardly as I was walking to the Music classroom.

  As always, I went to sit at the far back of the class and took out my earphones from my backpack and plugged them into my iPod. I just lied my head on my arms that were resting on the table and just listened to my favorite songs.

  Students soon filled the room and I assumed the bell rang, because I didn't hear anything but the music playing in my earphones, and I took out the earphones from my ears.

  Every one of EXO were in my Music class. And some of their fangirls were too, so every time a member from the so-famous kingka group said something or sang or rapped, they squeal their heads off.

 "Good afternoon, class!" Ms. Lee, my Music teacher, greeted the class with a cheerful voice. She was only 25 years, so a lot of students drooled over her, even though she was married. "Today's class will be a little bit different." How can it be different? We only study Music theory.. "Since you'll graduate pretty soon, I thought we should do something fun for your last week of school! For today and the last Music class on Friday each of you have to choose a song and perform it in front of the class." The teacher announced. Some students in the class groaned, some were pretty happy to do something else aside from studying Music theory.

  The happiest person in the class was Hyerim - the school's most self-centered and not really pretty queenka. Well, to others she was gorgeous; she's tall, wore a lot of makeup (A LOT), had long jet black hair, wore high heels to school every day, was rich and EXO's biggest fangirl, and glared at me a lot. I don't know why.. But she was only in a couple of classes with me, lucky me.

 "Finally! Everyone will see how talented I am!" Hyerim boasted to her friends while flipping her hair from her shoulder. I just rolled my eyes and tried to mute her obnoxious voice out.

 "You'll be chosen randomly." The teacher continued and pulled out a huge stack of little papers with students' names written on them from the plastic bag she brought with her, because there were quite a lot of students, and a Christmas stocking, which was quite funny since it was the end of May. She stuffed the stocking with the little papers. "I'll give you about 10 minutes to choose a song you want to perform and then the fun will begin!"

  I didn't really want to perform in front of the class, because I was the quiet girl, but I immediately knew what song I wanted to sing. It was an english cover of Eyes, Nose, Lips by Taeyang.

 "Did you all choose your songs?" Ms. Lee asked after the 10 minutes. Almost all of us responded with a 'yes'.

 "Ms. Lee," Chanyeol called. "Can two or more people sing a song?"

 "Yeah, I don't see why not." The teacher answered and Chanyeol high-fived his friends. "Okay, now let's see who will be first to perform!" She beamed and pulled out a little paper with a name on it from the Christmas stocking. "It's Hyerim.." Ms. Lee called in an uninterested tone, because she really didn't like Hyerim.

  Hyerim stood up from her seat and went in a y manner to the front of the classroom and then started to sing.

  Well, that was a pain to my ears... I thought after Hyerim finished singing Good-Night Kiss by Hyosung. I don't even know how to describe her singing. Let's say, she's one of those people who can't and REALLY shouldn't sing.

 "Hyerim, you can now go back to your seat." Ms. Lee said while rolling her eyes and Hyerim went to her seat where her friends congratulated her for her 'great' singing. -ups. I rolled my eyes and diverted my attention back to my Music teacher. "Let's see who is next.." The teacher pulled another little paper from the stocking. "It's Baekhyun!"

 "Ms. Lee, actually all of us want to sing together." Baekhyun said motioning to the rest of EXO.

 "All of you?" The teacher asked and EXO nodded. "That's a lot of you, but okay." She smiled and EXO went in front of the classroom. 

  They performed their own song Run and they were pretty cool. I didn't know Sehun could rap this good.. Their fangirls squealed so loud, I had to cover my ears.

  On their way back to their seats, Hyerim tried to flirt with Sehun. But instead of having his attention on her, he was looking at me. I was guessing he wanted my opinion on their performance, so I smiled at him and thumb-uped. He smiled a charming smile, that could melt any girl's heart, and went to his seat. Hyerim saw that Sehun smiled at me, so she turned around and glared at me. Jelly? I looked at her with my usual poker face and she turned back to the front of the class sneering.

 "Boys, you were great!" Ms. Lee congratulated EXO. Let's just say, she was one of EXO's fangirls. "Now who's next?" Please, don't be me, don't be me! I prayed in my head with my eyes closed. "It's Ahri!" . I lowered my head and just sat there.

 "She can't sing, so don't even try to pursue her to come in front of the class." Hyerim said to the Music teacher while throwing a shade at me. Shut up, you're the one who can't sing.

 "Sweetie, come here. Don't be nervous." Ms. Lee said in a soft tone and gently smiled at me. I decided to not be a whimp and went to the front of the classroom. Hyerim was almost killing me with her eyes.

  I breathed in and the music started.

 

[Sehun's pov]

 

  I never knew Ahri could sing like that... I thought as Ahri was singing. She was so into the music and lyrics, I couldn't help but smile. Everyone in the class were amazed by Ahri's singing. They definitely didn't see that coming from the most quiet girl in the whole school.

  Wait, I heard that voice before... I thought as I remembered something. One day I was walking down the hall and when I passed the dance practice classroom, I heard someone singing. It's the same voice, so it has to be her..

  Ahri finished singing and immediately blushed and went back to her seat.

 "Oh my God!" Ms. Lee exclaimed. "Why have you been hiding your beautiful voice?" She looked like a kid who got a new toy. "It's quite a bummer that I only discovered such a beautiful voice when you're graduating next week.." The teacher said sadly.

  I turned around to the back of the classroom where Ahri was sitting. She looked like a tomato, which was really cute. I guess, she has never exposed her talents.

  Some other student was already performing, but I was still looking at Ahri. When she finally, let's call it, calmed down, she focused on the student standing in front of the class.

  When our eyes met, I flashed a warm smile which made her blush again and turned to look through the window, which she sat next to.

  I turned back to the front of the classroom when I felt someone burning a hole in my head. It was Hyerim. She smiled a fake smile and turned away from me. I just smirked and focused on the guy in front of the class.

  But I didn't know that someone sitting next to me was burning a hole in my head too.

 

[Ahri's pov]

 

  Whew... I heaved a long sigh as I exited the Music classroom, as always the last, and went to the entrance of the school where me and Jongin decided to meet up, since he had to go to his Science teacher.

  As I was waiting for Jongin, Hyerim and her 'friends' came up to me.

 "So you think you're the best?" Hyerim asked in a y tone. Yes. I answered in my head and kept looking at her with a blank stare. "So you're now too good to be talking to the queenka? You're just like any other misfit, so don't think you're better than me, just because you can sing. And, to be honest, your singing was horrible." She said and her -ups nodded in agreement.

 "Well, I should say that I was yours singing that was horrible. And just a free tip - don't ever sing. Someone might go deaf if they hear you sing." I said in a cold tone.

 "You better regret those words." Hyerim threatened me.

 "I don't want to. I'm just saying what everyone else thinks. Even your friends, or should I say -ups."

 "This -" Hyerim raised her hand to slap me. 

 "What are you doing?" I heard a stern voice behind me. I turned to look who it was and got surprised when it was Sehun who I saw.

 "Nothing, nothing at all. I was just complimenting Ahri." Hyerim quickly pulled her hand behind her and smiled a sickly fake smile.

 "Stop acting. I heard everything." Sehun glared at Hyerim as he was standing next to me. "And if I ever see you bothering Ahri, you're going to regret it." Sehun wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled me away from the scowling and her -ups out of the school.

 

****

 

  Sehun was holding my wrist till we were next to a park near our house.

 "Oh, s-sorry.." Sehun apologized while scratching the back of his neck as I rubbed the red spot on my wrist where Sehun was holding quite tightly.

 "You really didn't need to interfere. I was fine and I can defend myself." I said as we were nearing our house.

 "Who said I was defending you?" Sehun asked in a cocky tone. The a-hole is back. I rolled my eyes and decided to end the conversation.

  When we reached the house, I went to change to more comfortable clothes and went to do my homework. Sehun was just lazy-ing around the bedroom. I had to deal with his whistling, because my desk, where I always studied at, was in the bedroom.

  As I just began to study, my phone started ringing. I stood up from my desk chair to get my phone, which was on the night stand next to the bed, but Sehun beat me to it.

 "Give it back." I glared at Sehun, who was hiding my phone behind his back.

 "Why?" Sehun grinned a smug smile and looked at the caller iD that was showing up on my phone screen. "It's just Kai. It's not like the president of South Korea is calling you." Sehun said while rolling his eyes and my eyes widened as I realized that me and Jongin were to hang out after school.

 "Gimme that." I nagged at him as I was jumping around him to get my phone back, which was in his hand that was stretched out to the ceiling.

 "Why should I?" Sehun smirked.

 "Because I said so. And I have to talk to him." I was still jumping around him, trying any kind of method to grab my phone from his hand.

 "What's so important that you have to talk about it with him?"

 "Are you the boy of many questions?" I stopped and just stood in front of him with my hands on my hips.

 "You shouldn't keep any secrets from your fiancé. Especially, if the secret involves another guy. You can't cheat on me." Sehun said with a smirk.

 "First of all; I'm not keeping a secret from you - I chose to not tell you. And I can do whatever I want with who I want, because I don't belong to you." I retorted in a sassy tone.

 "Oh, yes, you do, honey." Sehun stepped closer to me. I tried making some space between us, but he just stepped closer and closer.

 "Since when?" I asked in the same sassy tone, but not that strong like earlier.

 "Since now." He said and crashed his lips on mine.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

 Tadah!!!

 So I said I'l try to update after getting back home, but I fell asleep -_-

 It's actually 2:10a.m right now in Lithuania and I'm the only one who's awake in the house. But, at least, I'll get SOME sleep today, not like yesterday >.> (If you want to see my late night 'adventures', you can go here)

 Actually, next month my cousins from Denmark are going to visit me and my familly for about a week, from 17th to 25th, because it's my sisters 18th birthday on the 25th and, of course, they missed their mother country. So that means I'm not going to update when they'll be here (they're actually staying at my family's home), because we'll spend a lot of time together. I hope you understand :)

 Okay, I gotta go and finish watching an episode of Fall In Love With Me and then I'll go to my beloved bed. (I seriously feel like I'm dying)

 

 Bye!