This Is Love, Part 2

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“The culprit is a young woman, probably a college student since the pen that we found came from a college in Seoul. She's not that tall, max 170 cm. She has brown long hair and the DNA is being analyzed right now. She's young and new, she has never killed someone before until now.”
“Incredible, as expected from Park Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol just smiled as he changed the page and looked at a picture of the victim. It's tragic though, that a young man was murdered in his own apartment. It's always tragic when someone gets killed...

 

“Have you contacted the young man's parents?”
“Yes, we're talking to them right now.”

 

Just as a police officer said that, his phone begun to ring as he walks away from Chanyeol and Kai who stood and checked the pictures of the crime scene. Kai pointed out some details that he found suspicious before he walked around in the apartment and checked the details he had seen on the pictures.

 

“Have you found anything?”
“I find it weird that the door wasn't broken or that the lock wasn't cracked.”
“The murderer didn't force her way in, it was the man who let her in.”
“What kind of relationship can they have had?”
“Don't know, it can be all from friends to lovers. They could have been studying buddies since there are a lot of notes in the corner over there and in the bedroom on the desk stands a pile of books. The books are about economy on college level.”
“I see.”
“Then maybe-”
“Park! Kim! I got something really important information for you!”

 

The police officer who had gotten a call came running towards them again. He hurried to put on a serious face and fixed his clothes to look professional while he cleared his throat.

 

“The man, he had a girlfriend. She's missing.”
“So the murderer is the girlfriend?”
“It's not sure yet, we can't be sure. The stabs are hard and harsh, but you can tell that she hesitated when she did it. The murderer was insecure yet she did it and ended up stabbing the man in anger.”
“A cheater?”
“I don't know, but all we can do now is to find more evidence and try to get that DNA test as fast as possible. Also, get the parents to send a picture of the girl and give me the man's phone, we might find something on it.”
“The technical support got the phone, they will provide all the important pictures and information as fast they can. I will get the parents to send a picture of the girlfriend right away.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as Kai sighed tired. It looks like this might be a tragic love story after all. It almost hurts a little more now when Chanyeol knows that the murderer might be the girlfriend or maybe a jealous lover to the young man?

 

“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I'm fine. And you?”
“I'm fine.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he checked the pictures once again. He hasn't been working for a while, it feels quite weird to be back to the old habits. But Chanyeol has already promised himself that Baekhyun comes in first hand, no matter what. He will work with one case at the time and take breaks between the cases to be with Baekhyun.

 

“Are you done here?”
“Yeah, I don't want to see anything else right now.”
“Let's go then.”

 

Chanyeol left the apartment with Kai as they walked over to one of the police cars. It's getting late, maybe they should just go home for now? Or should they work a little longer?

 

“What's the matter?”
“I'm thinking.”
“About what?”
“I find it weird... Why would there be so many clues? I mean, the murder was reckless and way too clumsy. No one would leave so many clues at a crime scene, especially if you didn't intend to kill the person.”
“What do you mean?”
“I think the culprit came here and was confronting the man and he probably upset her somehow and she got too mad to handle her feelings. She stabbed him with the knife when he didn't look and then...”
“And then?”
“Then I don't know if she really was that stupid to leave the crime scene like that or if she plotted it.”
“Plotted it?”
“Think about it, the girlfriend is missing and if I'm not wrong, all the clues we got is leading to her. But I feel like we have missed something. Like why was all the evidence placed out on places where we could easily find them?”
“That's true... Let's get back to the police station for now and see if we can do something from there.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as they got into the car and told the police officer to drive them back to the police station. On the way to the police station, Chanyeol took his time to text Baekhyun to get his mind of work for some few minutes.

 

“Hey baby, how are you doing? Is everything
well? I hope I'm not disturbing you. Listen,
I won't have time to come by today, but I will
definitely come by soon! I promise! I love you!
/ Chanyeol”

 

Chanyeol sent the text before he put away the phone and sighed. Chanyeol truly doesn't want to be away from Baekhyun at a time like this. He has no idea where his father is at or what he's plotting, but Baekhyun should be safe at home. As long as he doesn't keep any secrets from Chanyeol.

 

“Here is a picture of the girlfriend.”
“Wait... S-She doesn't have brown hair.”
“So that means... That she's gone for another reason?”
“I don't know... We don't know to be honest.”
“Something is fishy with this case...”
“You always says that...”

 

Kai sighed as Chanyeol shook his head. Let's just think about the case a little more. If Chanyeol isn't wrong, he thinks he has understood what is going on. The girlfriend has black hair and is missing and he's afraid that he knows why.

 

“I think my theory was right in a way...”
“What do you mean?”
“I think... that the man had a lover...”
“W-What?!”
“The girlfriend might have caught him and confronted him and out of anger, she grabbed the knife and stabbed him.”
“W-Why would she get so mad?”
“Maybe... it was one of her friends? The lover had long brown hair, obviously it doesn't belong to the girlfriend who has pitch black hair.”
“And she's blonde right now.”
“Blonde...?”
“Yeah, she dyes her hair a lot.”
“When did she dye her hair last?”
“Let's see... For some days ago I think. The young man's mother was with her when she dyed her hair last time and they talked about marriage and stuff. Then the girlfriend begun to act weird and she said that she doesn't want to get married with the man anymore. The mother has no idea why, but she just accepted that fact and kept silent about it.”
“Wait... T-That means that the girlfriend might have plotted something here! She killed him and tried to make it look like it was the lover who did it and now she's gone.”
“That's just a theory though.”
“But still, a theory is always a good to have.”

 

Kai nodded as the police officer sighed. He's probably confused right now, but he doesn't say anything. But that doesn't matter, what matters is that they catch the culprit.

 

***

 

In the end, they caught the girlfriend trying to sneak out of the country. The DNA test showed that it was the girlfriend's DNA and the so called lover came out as well and admitted that she has had an affair with the young man. The girlfriend admitted her crime after some pressure from other detectives and she was arrested for murder.

A sad love story indeed, but that isn't what bothers Chanyeol. He's more worried about his father. Nothing has happened for a long time, it's almost like... he's gone. He couldn't have stopped, he's crazy after all and tried to kill both Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Chanyeol, what's wrong?”

 

Chanyeol woke up from his thoughts as he looked down at Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter