Precious Teddy Bear, Part 2

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“We have solved it. We know who the kidnapper is.”
“But where is she and why is there a teddy bear over there? I'm confused.”

 

Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol nodded and hurried to walk towards the police officers. Baekhyun wanted to sigh once again as he bowed goodbye to the ladies who didn't look suspicious at him anymore. Baekhyun was on his way towards where Chanyeol had walked off to when he thought of something.

 

“Wait, shouldn't... Hwayoung have recognized her own aunty? Didn't she say anything with aunt?”

 

Baekhyun mumbled for himself as he stared at the teddy bear. Baekhyun walked over to the teddy bear and picked it up carefully. He got really surprised though because a small note was stuck under the teddy bear. You could barely see it if you didn't actually turn the teddy bear upside down which Baekhyun did.

 

“Woah, is this evidence too? Maybe I should tell Chanyeol first?”

 

Baekhyun put back the teddy bear as he turned around to bump into Chanyeol who looked curiously at him.

 

“Did you find anything?”
“Wah! Stop scare me like that! I was just going to fetch you. Look at this!”

 

Baekhyun picked up the teddy bear and turned it upside down as Chanyeol saw what Baekhyun had found. Chanyeol didn't hesitate to take the note as he unfolded it and held it out both for him and Baekhyun to read.

 

“Here is a small gift to you, please treat him carefully. He's very precious.”
“Hey... Give me the teddy bear for a second.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he handle it to Baekhyun who held the teddy bear for a while before he couldn't help but to feel dumb. Something feels wrong or really weird. But he can't figure out what.

 

“Did you come up with anything?”
“No... But tell the police about what you figured out and tell them to search places where you can take a kid to. Toy stores, ice cream bars or just somewhere they can eat sweets at.”
“Sounds like a good idea, I will go and tell them then. Hey Baekhyun... Use this phone to call Kai and the others, they're probably worried like hell by now. Calm them down for me will you?”
“I will, now go and save the girl if she's in danger.”
“I will.”

 

Chanyeol walked towards the police officers again as Baekhyun held the phone Chanyeol gave him in one hand and in the other hand he held the teddy bear.

 

“Here is a small gift to you, please treat him carefully. He's very precious... That is what the note said... but why not write something like; Take well care of him, like he's precious...?”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he shook away the thoughts and begun to use the phone to call D.O and not Kai. Why would he call Kai who doesn't seem to listen to him that well? D.O would at least listen and Baekhyun only knows D.O's number... Okay, that is why he actually calls D.O and not Kai, because he can't remember Kai's number.

 

“Pick up little Kyungie, please answer-”
“Hello?! Who is it?”
“Kyungsoo, it's me. We're fine, don't worry-”
“Where the hell are you?! The police called and said they was going to bring you here by 10! You're not here!”
“I know, we got something we have to fix first. But don't worry, we're with the police the whole time!”
“Oh for god's sake, why are you scaring us like that! Come home already!”
“I know, just hold out just a little longer. We're almost back home, we're really close to Seoul anyway. But we have to wait for our police officer to solve some few things. But we're okay.”
“Oh what are you doing now? Don't tell me Chanyeol ended up helping the police with another case or something?”
“Uhm.... Actually, it's just like that... Sorry? Oh D.O, I have to ask! If you would give your future daughter or son a teddy bear; what would you write on a note?”
“What kind of question is that?! That sounds ridiculous! B-But if I have to write something... Here is a new family member, take well care of him?”
“ Here is a small gift to you, please treat him carefully. He's very precious. - What do you think about that?”
“Uhm... I guess you can say it like that, but it sounds... a little weird. Is it your old teddy bear or what? Because then I would understand, but if it was a new one, I think that sounds kind of weird.”
“Old...?”

 

Baekhyun stared at the teddy bear, it's actually not an old teddy bear... But then why would she write something so weird to...? He's precious... Precious...

 

“Ah! Wait, I think I got something! I have to go, bye Kyungsoo! Thanks for the help!”
“W-Wait, Baekhyun-!”

 

Baekhyun hung up on D.O as he was fast to put the phone in his pocket. Baekhyun studied the teddy bear as he begun to turn it upside down. It was then he felt it and noticed it.

 

“Something... is inside of it! I knew it, it was heavier than it should have been!”

 

Baekhyun studied the teddy bear as he finally found what he looked for. Under the note you could clearly see how someone have repaired the teddy bear. Baekhyun hurried to run towards Chanyeol and the police officers as he spotted something weird. There is a car... standing behind some containers. Baekhyun isn't sure if he's being paranoid or if what he thinks of is true.

 

“Chanyeol! I have to tell you something!”

 

Baekhyun shouted as he grabbed Chanyeol's attention right away. The other police officers stared at Baekhyun who held up the teddy bear which made the girl's mother gasp.

 

“T-That's Hwayoung's teddy bear! Where did you find it?!”
“Look here.”

 

Baekhyun showed the repair on the teddy bear as Chanyeol stared at it for a while before he looked at Baekhyun. He didn't get it, of course he wouldn't get it!

 

“Think about it. The note says he's precious, but the teddy bear isn't old.”
“No, the teddy bear is the one I saw my sister buy for only a month ago. Hwayoung loved it since she doesn't get teddy bears that often.”
“Yeah, I thought it was weird that it was already broken. Hold it.”
“Hold it?”
“Just hold it already!”

 

Chanyeol did as Baekhyun said as he took the teddy bear and stared at it. Baekhyun waited for Chanyeol to get it, but apparently his mind doesn't think of the same things that Baekhyun thinks of.

 

“He's precious, that is what the note says in the end. Why would she say it like that? Why not say it more like; take care of him as he's precious to you.? Because what she meant is what is inside of it.”
“Inside...? Wait, something is inside?”
“It's heavier than what a teddy bear should be and if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter