The Dead Son

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“...”

 

 

Chanyeol mumbled as Baekhyun cried into the giant's neck and felt how he begun to tremble. The memories forced its way upon him as Chanyeol hugged him tight and hard. The door to their room got slammed open as the old man came in with his shotgun in his hands and looked fast around to see what they had seen.

 

 

“Holy tree...”
“Sir, call the police fast! We need them to come here right now!”
“I'm sorry, but during the night a storm came and the road is blocked by trees the whole way.”
“What?! No way!”
“I'm not joking-”
“Honey what hap-”
“Don't come in here Mrs. Kim! You don't want to see this.”

 

 

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol tighter as Chanyeol his back and tried to calm him down. Baekhyun swear the memories that had forced their way upon him slowly disappeared as Baekhyun finally could calm down.

 

 

“It's okay Baek, don't worry, I got you.”
“W-Who could... had done t-this?”
“I don't know... I can't tell from here.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt a little sick as he carefully dared to pull out from Chanyeol's embrace, but he can't look at the window. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to stand up and told Mr. Kim to help Baekhyun out from the room and out to Mrs. Kim. Baekhyun felt a little weird, he felt scared but still somewhat calm.

 

 

“Come here darling, let's not go in to that room for now. You want some tea?”

 

 

Baekhyun just nodded a little as Mrs. Kim was kind enough to lead him out to the kitchen, while Chanyeol and Mr. Kim was on their way out from the house, to probably look at what Baekhyun and Chanyeol found outside the window.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighed when he saw the body hang in a rope around his neck right outside the window to the room that Chanyeol and Baekhyun slept inside. Chanyeol looked over at Mr. Kim who didn't seem that disgusted, which surprised Chanyeol a little.

 

 

“You're not disgusted?”
“Of course I am, but try to kill an animal and you get a little less scared and shocked. But this... this is too much.”
“Let's call the police and see if they can manage to come here.”
“Alright, I guess that is the best we can do right now.”

 

 

The old Mr. Kim walked towards the house as Chanyeol looked around to see if he could find some clues. Chanyeol looked around the corp that hung in the rope as he noticed pretty fast that the rope had blood on it and it's probably not the culprit's. The victim has been stabbed in the back, probably the cause of the dead, but the culprit still decided to hang the victim outside this window.

 

 

“Mr. Kim, I have a question to you before you go.”
“What is it?”
“Do you know who this is? Does he look familiar?”
“I'm not sure but I think it's one of the kids who hunts here in woods, but he's one of the few I have allowed to hunt here. I don't understand anything.”
“Okay, thanks.”

 

 

Mr. Kim continued in to the house as Chanyeol sighed and walked around the corp and looked on the ground. There is barely any footsteps left on the ground, the rain from the storm must have washed away mostly of the clues and evidence.

 

 

“Did the culprit predict the storm? Wait... if there was a storm here... why would someone still be in the woods to hunt? And who would be a fool to walk in a forest while it's storming to just kill someone?”

 

 

Chanyeol mumbled as he looked around a little, but he didn't seem to find any clues. Chanyeol sighed again as he pulled his own hair as he heard footsteps behind him. He expected Mr. Kim to come back, but when he turned his head he saw someone much more familiar.

 

 

“Baekhyun, don't be here-”
“Who is that?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked surprised at Baekhyun who stared straight at Chanyeol and didn't seem to look that much at the corp. Chanyeol was fast to grab Baekhyun's hand and walk away from the corp as he stopped some meters away from it, where they couldn't see it and looked straight at Baekhyun.

 

 

“You shouldn't be out here, stay inside where it's safe-”
“I don't care, I want to be with you.”
“Baekhyun, you're not sup-”
“Stop it Chanyeol, I'm as equal as you. I don't care if you tell me to go inside or if you lock me up, I won't leave you alone. I will be by you side and help you out.”

 

 

Chanyeol felt speechless as Baekhyun looked determined. Chanyeol wanted to sigh deep and scold the boy for his courage, after all Baekhyun has already seen and lived through a hell. Isn't he supposed to have a mental breakdown? Not to be mean, but every time something like this happened, Baekhyun had a mental breakdown.

 

But the more Chanyeol thinks about it, the more he realize that Baekhyun is stronger now. After all, he lived with a huge secret from Chanyeol with body parts getting delivered to him and Chanyeol couldn't even see that his boyfriend was terrified and in a hell again.

 

 

“Do you really think you can handle this? I love you Baekhyun and I truly think you're strong and smart, but this isn't a game. You of all people should know how terrifying this is and I... I don't want you to... to go back to that state again.”
“I can make it, I... I'm not scared with you around me. For a moment ago, I just... I just got so shocked and scared at once that I begun to cry. I can handle it, because now I'm prepared.”

 

 

Chanyeol sighed loud as Baekhyun grabbed his hand and looked pleading at Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed again as he felt how he couldn't deny his boyfriend's help, after all Baekhyun is as stubborn as Chanyeol sometimes.

 

 

“Fine, you can help me out. But only this time. If you feel sick or feel that you're getting back to your old state... don't hesitate to leave and do something else, got it?”
“I promise, I won't breakdown. I... I'm tired of being weak.”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded as Baekhyun followed after Chanyeol back to the corp. Chanyeol glanced down at the boy from time to time as he noticed how Baekhyun looked a little nervous, but he still looked so determined. When they arrived to the corp Baekhyun didn't look away, but he looked a little sad and almost scared.

 

 

“Don't look at the corp, look at the ground and try to find something like a clue.”
“Okay.”
“Remember to never touch the clues, okay?”
“Okay, I get it.”

 

 

Baekhyun begun to carefully look around as Chanyeol looked at the corp. He admit it's not that nice to look at it, but someone has to try to find clues from it. Chanyeol looked at the corp for a while and walked around it before he saw that the corp had something in his left hand, a note?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter