Crazy Old Man?

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Wait! Don't shoot!”
“Who the hell are you kids?!”

 

 

Chanyeol barely dared to move as Baekhyun held his hands up high, he felt nervous to see the old man stand with a gun in his hand and watched Baekhyun and Chanyeol carefully. The old man eyed Chanyeol and Baekhyun as he moved his gun in his hand again.

 

 

“Who the hell are you kids I asked!”
“W-We're no intruders sir!”
“What are you doing in my forest?!”
“We just took a nap here! Sorry sir, we didn't mean to make you mad!”

 

 

Baekhyun tried to calm the old man down as he slowly lowered his gun and let Chanyeol drop the handgun he had in his hand. Baekhyun felt a little more relieved now as he dared to sit up and look around, no one else were here at the moment.

 

 

“Why didn't you just say so then? Are you kids stupid or something?”
“S-Sorry sir, b-but you realize that you wrecked our car?”
“Uh?”

 

 

The man looked at the car and to his surprise, it were totally broken. All the windows were cracked and glass pieces were lying everywhere. And the wheels to the car were flat, and pretty much the whole car were broken now after the shots. With other words, the car were totally wrecked.

 

 

“Oh darn it! I didn't think about that! I'm sorry kids, but it seems you are right.”
“Great, just great. Now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere-”
“Chanyeol! Shut up! Don't be so rude!”

 

 

Baekhyun scolded Chanyeol who looked annoyed, probably because things were finally going well for them, until this old man showed up. The old man looked shameful around before he cleared his throat, he used a kinder voice this time than he did for a second ago.

 

 

“Uhm, well if there is to any help, I live right around the corner. Why don't you sleep over for one night? I can drive you to the nearest village or city tomorrow morning.”
“No thanks old man, you have been enough of trouble for-”
“Chanyeol!”

 

 

Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol over the arm fast as Baekhyun smiled kind at the old man, he doesn't want to miss this chance to get out of this stupid forest to get lost because of Chanyeol's annoyed mood.

 

 

“We're sorry for worrying you about your forest, Mr.?”
“Just call me Mr. Kim.”
“Okay, Mr. Kim. We're sorry for intruding your forest like this. You don't have to worry about the car, it was a wreck anyway. But we would love to be your guest, since we have nowhere else to go nor sleep.”
“Great! Leave the wreck here and come with me then! Hurry up, it's not like I'm getting younger!”

 

 

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol grab his hand and pulled Baekhyun close to him as he gave Baekhyun a serious look.

 

 

“We have no idea who this guy is and-”
“Oh come on, he's nice. I think we can trust him, I promise.”
“I don't think so Baek...”
“Oh come on honey, just one night at this old man's house. Or do you have any better suggestion?”
“Lets call D.O or Kai or any of our friends and let them send a car to pick us up.”
“But that will take hours, and it will be dark and cold soon. And we're out of food.”
“Already?”
“Yes, we are. Now get your things and let's get moving. We can call D.O when we have arrived to Mr. Kim's house and tell him what has happened.”
“Fine, you win Baek. But if anything happens... Get behind me.”
“Nothing will happen honey.”
“Are you kids coming or not?!”
“We're coming Mr. Kim!”

 

 

Baekhyun got out of the car, knowing that Chanyeol didn't look that pleased as he got the bag and the guns before they left the car. The skipped to lock it, since there is probably no one who will be able to take the wrecked car anywhere.

 

Baekhyun walked fast over to the old man, he smiled kind as the old man smiled back and begun to tell them, or mostly Baekhyun since Chanyeol didn't listen that much, about the story behind his forest. Baekhyun nodded and listened carefully to the old man, and he bet that Chanyeol thought about a new plan to get out of this forest as quick as possible.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and the old man walked for only some minutes before they arrived to a big house. A dog laid outside it, it was asleep but looked sleepy up when Mr. Kim, Baekhyun and Chanyeol came. The dog barked once, both tired and lazy, but also happy and excited. The dog got up with its tail wagging and walked over to greet its owner, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

 

“This is Chocolate, she's pretty old, but she's still the best guard dog you can find in the world.”
“She's beautiful, what a nice girl you are.”
“She likes you, I can tell. Now, let me introduce you to my wife.”
“Oh, you have a wife?”
“Yes, come here.”
“Oh, uhm, Mr. Kim, we have to make a call to some of our friends first. We will be coming in soon.”
“Oh, alright then. Just come in, but don't forget to take your shoes off.”
“Okay, we're coming in soon.”

 

 

Chanyeol waited until Mr. Kim went inside as Baekhyun turned to him with a disappointed look. Like seriously, Chanyeol is way to suspicious here.

 

 

“What is wrong with you? They're being nice!”
“Isn't it strange? That the man who tried to kill us for some minutes ago suddenly became all nice and friendly?!”
“He thought we were some hunters or something! It's understandable!”
“But shooting at strangers just like that?! Really?!”
“Chanyeol... Stop it.”
“Stop what? Trying to make you see the whole picture here?”
“Fine, you know what, you can sleep out here and wait for D.O and the others to come with a stupid car. But I'm going to be nice and accept the offer a kind old man gave us.”
“Baek! Wait!”
“Why?!”
“Because I'm saying so! Don't just argue with me and walk away like that!”
“I'm walking away!”
“Baek! Fine! I'm sorry! Baek! I'm sorry!”

 

 

Baekhyun stopped and turned to Chanyeol who looked almost a little pleading at Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed as he walked over and grabbed Chanyeol's hand to calm the giant down, he can tell Chanyeol is worried.

 

 

“Listen, I can tell this man hasn't done anything wrong, he's just old and maybe a little reckless sometimes. He doesn't want the world to take his precious things from him. He loves this forest, didn't you listen to him when he talked about it? Such passion he has for it... So please, let's just go in and meet his wife.”
“Can we call D.O first?”
“Sure, tell them we will take the train to Seoul because our car wrecked.”
“Okay... I'm going to do as you say this time.”
“Good, now honey.”
“Yes?”
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter