Distanced?

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

Distanced

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Yah, don't think I'm done with you two?! First you get kidnapped by doing something reckless! And then you runaway to find this idiot and do something even more reckless! And then you both end up solving stupid cases on your way home without caring about us who are worried to death! Do you think I can just accept that?!”

 

Baekhyun felt how he glanced over to Chanyeol who smirked back at him. Baekhyun's grip around Chanyeol's hand tightened as Baekhyun leaned his head against Chanyeol's shoulder and smiled happily. Before D.O could continue to scold them, he went silent by the sight like the others.

 

“I'm sorry for worrying... But I couldn't leave Chanyeol to die... I would rather risk my life for him than letting him die.”
“And I would do the same.”
“Y-Yah! D-Don't think you can-”
“D.O, I think they get it.”
“But no matter how hard you wil ltry to scold them, they won't really listen. They would still go after each other even if they risk their life.”
“B-But still!”
“Now now, let's try to forget about this, okay?”
“No more secrets everyone! No more secret stupid detectives!”
“Ah, that reminds me! Kai you damn liar! You lied to me about not being a detective!”

 

Kai laughed nervously as D.O sighed and slapped him over the arm. Chanyeol chuckled as he looked down at Baekhyun who feels so happy. He's so happy at the moment that he doesn't want to move. He doesn't want to open his mouth at all, because he's scared that he will ruin the moment.

 

“Baekhyun, you're a really sharp detective yourself.”
“No, I'm not... I'm just lucky.”
“Don't say that, I have seen you action. You're a great actor too.”
“S-Stop it.”

 

Baekhyun blushed as Chanyeol hugged him happily. Baekhyun almost giggled happily as the others suddenly took their attention again.

 

“Hey, you two, before we forget to ask.”
“How the hell did you make it back here again?”
“Baekhyun was really brave, he saved me and we even... stole a car.”
“You stole a car?!”
“It was the culprits car and then we ended up in the middle of the woods and this crazy old man shoot the car because he thought we was hunters or something.”
“And we solved a case for them and then we got a ride into the nearest town to take the train back home.”
“But then some stupid drug dealers mistook us for two detectives from the police and kidnapped us.”
“We managed to escape by fooling them. I pretended to be a detective!”
“And I had a tracker on me, or we pretended that. They fell for it and we managed to catch them in the end. Then we called the police.”
“And the police promised to drive us to Seoul, but a case about a kidnapped girl appeared out of nowhere and we helped out since we couldn't let the girl get hurt.”
“It appeared that he girl wasn't really kidnapped, without protected by her aunt who scared the mother to death when the girl disappeared. But after that, we got a ride to Seoul.”
“And then here we are! After the hospital visit we slept for a day though, but we're safe!”
“It sounds like you two... have red or watched some kind of action movie.”

 

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol embraced Baekhyun happily and kissed him on the head. Baekhyun smiled as he looked up at Chanyeol who smiled down at him. It feels like after this long adventure, they have only gotten closer than ever. It feels like nothing can separate them now.

 

“But what happened with Chanyeol's kidnapper?”
“Yeah, what happened with him?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly realized that they have no idea what happened to Chanyeol's father. Chanyeol stared down at Baekhyun who stared back up at Chanyeol before they cleared their throats.

 

“Actually, we don't know.”
“We escaped from him before he could kill us.”
“We did tell the police where he lives.”
“But he's probably far away from the house by now.”
“All we know is that he's a dangerous man who will do anything to lure us out.”
“Why would he be after you two?”
“There is a long story too it and I don't think it's such a good idea to talk about it-”
“Baekhyun... It's okay.”

 

Chanyeol smiled down at Baekhyun who stared back up at him. Is Chanyeol truly going to tell them that it's his own father who's after them? Or is he going to lie about it?

 

“The truth is... that man... is my... father.”
“W-WHAT?!”
“I know it sounds shocking, but that man was my father. I hate to admit it, but he's sadly enough my father.”
“But why would he be after you?!”
“You see... for a long time ago... when I was much younger... He...”

 

Chanyeol tried to find the right words as Baekhyun put a hand on the giant's hand in hope that he would find the courage to tell them. If Chanyeol tell them the truth, Baekhyun will be here to support him. They all will support him if he let out the truth.

 

“He... did a lot of wrong things to begin with... I won't tell you the reasons, but he's mad at me after leaving him for my mother who left him years ago. I was the only one who lived with him for a while, but he treated me really bad... So I got to move to mother when I was going to go to high school. I don't know why he's this mad at me that he tries to kill people, but I knew he was sick.”
“S-so you're saying that your father...”
“Is still out there...”
“And is looking for you?”

 

Baekhyun nodded along with Chanyeol who squeezed him in the hug. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol feels uncomfortable, Baekhyun did feel uncomfortable as well when he confused everything to Chanyeol. Or rather when Chanyeol found out about everything and told him that he knew what was going on.

 

“Aren't you scared?!”
“Yeah, what if he finds you?!”
“Then we will just have to call the police.”
“But that isn't that simple, is it?!”
“Don't worry about us, worry more about yourselves.”
“Why are you saying that when you two are in danger?!”
“Because we have made it before and we can make it again.”
“Chanyeol mean that we can look out for each other, without any problem. We made it back home alive, so we can make it back home alive again if necessary.”
“But he might target my mother or sister this time, so I would rather tell them to be careful from now and on.”
“Also, you guys should be worried about yourselves. You're friends with us, he might want to try to kill you too if he finds out that you're our friends.”
“Kya, that sounds totally crazy!”

 

Chanyeol nodded as Baekhyun while the others looked almost a little scared. Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun even tighter now as Baekhyun tried to come up with something else to talk about.

 

“I know, let's go out and eat!”
“What the hell?!”
“Yeah, aren't you terrified?!”
“Baekhyun, I don't think it's such a good idea.”
“Not for now at least.”
“Fine then, I just wanted to go back to the normal atmosphere.”
“But there is no way that-”
“Of course we can go back to normal guys. Baekhyun and I are back home and safe, and my father isn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter