Fate, Part 2

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Please... Dear fate... Help us...”
“Now it's up to words Baek, do fate control our lives or not?”
“Shut up you two!”

 

One of the men growled annoyed as the door to the stock house finally went open and the boss came in first. Chanyeol almost held his breath as he stared behind the boss to see the other man who is probably the client. But to his surprise, it wasn't the same person he thought it would be.

 

“Here they are, sir. As promised.”
“What the hell?! These are not the boys I asked for!”

 

The man shouted as Chanyeol stared over at the man and he recognized him right away. A famous smuggler, rich man who thinks he owns the world. Chanyeol has heard about him at the police station in Seoul, from one of his detective teachers. The man's name is Kim Yongmin and the man is famous for his smuggling, but recently people around him has begun to get arrested. Chanyeol thinks he has an idea why.

 

“B-But that is the detective you wanted, right?!”
“What the hell?! He's tall like hell and the other one isn't even a male!”
“It's a male, he just looks like a female.”
“Great, now you have pulled two small boys into this and now we have to get rid of them!”
“But one of them is a detective.”
“Really? Where is your proof?”
“Kid! What's your name!”
“None of your business ! You took the wrong guys!”
“Are they gay?”
“Yes, how did you know?”
“Well the two persons I'm looking for are not gay! How could you make such an easy mistake! You are worthless!”

 

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun's hands touch his back as the boy suddenly pulled a little in his shirt to get his attention. While the two men, the boss and Yongmin shouted at each other, Chanyeol took the chance to listen to Baekhyun.

 

“What did I tell you? That was fate, I promise.”
“Whatever it was, it helped us out. But we have to get out of here before they kill us...”
“I just remembered something.”
“What?”
“My plan can still save us.”
“They will kill you.”
“Then you take my role and I take yours.”
“A-Are you sure about this?”
“Trust me, I have acted for a long time before. Almost my whole life, remember?”
“Okay then... Wish me luck.”
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”

 

Chanyeol looked over at the two shouting men as he was about to clear his throat, when Baekhyun did that for him instead. Baekhyun cleared his throat loudly and obviously as the men stopped argue and stared over at him.

 

“Excuse me, can I have a word please?”
“What do you want brat?! Another kick in the stomach?!”
“Just so you know, we're not ordinary kids. Right now in this very moment, a police squad is on their way. You do know about acting, right?”
“You're lying! We fooled you way to easy on the train!”
“It's called acting and sacrifice. This guy over here isn't the detective, I am. I was just told by my colleague here that the police will be here soon enough and that you should all surrender before they come. If you do, you might still have a chance to get a lighter judgment from the judges in court-”
“Why would we believe you?!”
“Well, think about this. Why did I leave a text on my cellphone in the bag on the train to the police? Because you wouldn't look at it. As long I wouldn't have my phone with me, you wouldn't see my information to them. Why did a police car drop us off at the train station? Because we had planned to meet up in Seoul to catch you guys. And once again, why do you think I'm not as scared as you? Why would I say that I have been in worse situation than this? An ordinary boy wouldn't dare to open his mouth, smart .”

 

Chanyeol sat silent and felt impressed by Baekhyun, did he just come up with all those excuses? Wow, he has either lied to many times in life or he's just a fast thinker. Chanyeol hopes it is the second one.

 

“Boss, I don't think he's lying.”
“Did you plan this from the beginning?!”

 

Yongmin shouted madly and almost a little worried as the boss was fast to wave with his hands. Baekhyun took a deep breath while the men begun to argue and shout again.

 

“You're doing a great job, but you have to make them do as we want.”
“I know... I'm trying... Are you sure you still want to do this?”
“I'm ready, don't worry. Go on.”

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat silent as he got ready to make something obvious out of this. But he hoped the men would notice him, which in normal case you don't.

 

“Do you still have it? The thing that the police trace us with?”
“What?!”

 

One of the men had heard Baekhyun who pretended to look caught. Chanyeol was fast to smile nervously at one of the men who walked over to him and grabbed his shirt.

 

“What thing?! Where is it?! Where have you hid it?!”
“Don't tell them! As long they can't find it, the faster the police will come!”
“Shut up you brat! You two, get the bastard up on his legs! Now!”

 

The boss sounded stressed as Yongmin took up his phone and begun to look nervous around. Baekhyun watched Chanyeol get untied from the beam and then forced up on his feet. Their plan is working! Baekhyun can be a genius sometimes.

 

“Search him! Find it and crush it! I will get the detective to the car! If you can't find anything, just leave him and get out of here! Yongmin! Help me with this brat! He might know where your detective is!”
“Geez, why do I have to do so many works.”

 

Baekhyun struggled a little when the two men came as Chanyeol exchanged a look with Baekhyun. Baekhyun watched the men search Chanyeol as he got up on his feat and they both waited until they were on their feet and ready for step two. Baekhyun moved fast now, they only have this one chance. Baekhyun first pretended to try to kick the boss man, who was fast to let go of Baekhyun to dodge his deadly kick.

Chanyeol stood and stared impressed, since when did Baekhyun become so good at hapkido? Chanyeol though knew that Baekhyun didn't actually aim for the boss man, without he aimed for something else behind him.

A loud metal sound was heard as the shelves Baekhyun had kicked collapsed and some small metal boxes fell to the floor with a loud boom. The man who had searched Chanyeol jumped to the side to not get hit by the boxes and so did Yongmin who had hold Baekhyun.

Now both Chanyeol and Baekhyun was free, but that isn't all. The metal boxes wasn't empty, they were filled with something special. Ash. The ash that feel out of the broken boxes created a big black smoke as both Chanyeol and Baekhyun took that as a chance to run.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun sprinted towards another exit in the stock house as Chanyeol spotted a small pocket knife from one of the men on his way out. Chanyeol managed to pick it up on the way as the other four man screamed and shouted in hope to find their way through the smoke of ash.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun ran with tied hands over to some shelves in the back of the stock house that is bigger than you think. Chanyeol then used the pocket knife to cut Baekhyun's ropes and Baekhyun took the knife from him when he was free. Baekhyun then freed Chanyeol who grabbed Baekhyun's hand and sprinted towards the exit, but Baekhyun stopped him from running.

 

“Sch, we have to sneak. They will hear where we are. The smoke is gone, they're looking for us now.”
“Good idea, let's go.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he walked after Chanyeol towards a door that looked to be a second exit. They both sneaked over to it and Chanyeol grabbed the door handle to try it. The door was unlocked. Chanyeol op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter