Precious Teddy Bear, Part 1

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun in the police car towards Seoul. Baekhyun is fully asleep at the moment as the sun raised higher up on the sky. It's around lunch time. The police man sits quiet behind the wheel as Chanyeol tries his best to stay awake, but it feels hard.

 

“So... You say you have tried to catch Yongmin before?”
“Yes, he's a rich bastard who always seemed to be able to get away. But this time, with the evidence from you guys, we can finally put him behind the bars.”
“I'm glad to hear that... But can you drive us to the hospital behind the north police station? I think we need to check our wounds.”
“Yes sir, I will inform you when we reach Seoul.”
“Thank you.”

 

The police man smiled a little as Chanyeol leaned his head against Baekhyun's as he let his hand grab Baekhyun's left hand gently. Baekhyun mumbled something in his sleep as Chanyeol just smiled and closed his eyes. It feels good to finally know that they're safe. What can happen when they're with a police officer? Exactly, nothing.

 

“Police car 545, we have an emergency! I repeat, we have an emergency! Do you copy?!”
“Police car 545 speaking, what's the problem?”
“Someone has gotten kidnap and we need immediate support!”
“But sir-”
“It's okay, let's go. I can problem help if necessary. I'm detective Park, from-”
“I know who you are. Police car 545 speaking, we're on our way. I have a detective with me to help.”
“Copy that.”

 

Chanyeol held in a sigh as he tried to not look annoyed, after all someone has been kidnapped. He was just kidnapped himself and he's pretty sure that the person who's kidnapped can't stay as calm as he did.

 

“What's the case sir?”
“We don't know yet, I think someone from the street got kidnapped since we didn't get any special information.”
“Got it.”

 

Chanyeol leaned back in his seat as Baekhyun woke up and looked confused around. Chanyeol smiled a little as Baekhyun noticed fast that they have changed direction.

 

“W-Where are we going?”
“It looks like someone got kidnapped, they needed immediate help, so I couldn't let this officer turn them down. You know very well how it feels like-”
“Who and where? What can we do to help?”

 

Chanyeol got shocked by Baekhyun's answer as he couldn't help but to smile. The police officer speed up the car as the sirens got while the radio kept give them information about the case.

 

“It seems like the problem is a girl.”
“What? No way.”
“Around age 10, kidnapped straight from the street. No one knows what the reason is yet, but her mother and father saw her get pulled into a car that drove away with her. There are more witnesses who saw it happen as well.”
“Did someone remember the number plate on the car?”
“No, unfortunately no one thought about it at the moment.”

 

Chanyeol cursed quiet as he tried to think a little about the information he got. Baekhyun looked at him for a while before he turned to the police officer to keep asking further questions.

 

“What is the girls name? Is her family rich or anything like that?”
“No, they're an ordinary family who hasn't done anything wrong what we know. The girl's name is Choi Hwayoung and she lives in a small town near here. We're going to arrive to the so called crime scene within 5 minutes.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he leaned back and tried to come up for any practical reason for this girl to get kidnapped. What if her parents has a secret business that no one knows about? Or what if the kidnapper is only a ?

 

“Hurry, before the times runs out. We don't want this poor girl to end up in a bad situation.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as the police officer tried to speed up, but he had to slow down when he reached the town where the girl lives. They passed some house and the car took some sharp turns before they stopped outside a pretty big white house that probably belongs to the girl's parents since they saw her get kidnapped.

 

“Let's go!”

 

Chanyeol jumped out of the car and hurried to walk over where a gang police officers stood and talked. Chanyeol automatically searched for his wallet, but then he remembered that he didn't have his detective ID on him.

 

“Shoot, I forgot-”
“Don't worry, they know about you. Come here.”

 

Police officer smiled as Baekhyun walked behind them both. They walked over to the other police officers as they all turned to them. Chanyeol bowed a little respectful as they all smiled at him.

 

“So this is supposed to be the futures young and smart detective?”
“This is Park Chanyeol, from-”
“We know where he's from. It's nice to finally meet the so well-known boy. We heard about your story how you saved this young man from getting killed from a serial killer right before he was about to get killed. It's amazing how you managed to find him in right time.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he glanced back at Baekhyun who looked to be pained by the memories of what happened him for barely a year ago. Chanyeol cleared his throat as he tried to not sound too rude.

 

“It's nice to chat, but we have to work here. The girl was kidnapped right here?”
“No, over there by the park. She was playing with some friends who went home before her. And she was on her way back when a car stopped by her. Her parents happened to see her and hurried to open the door to warn her, but it was too late when they reached the door.”
“And... they just happened to see her? Both at the same time?”

 

Chanyeol asked a little skeptical as all of them stared at him like he was dumb. Seriously, are they the dumb ones here or is it just him who hasn't gotten the story right?

 

“The mother saw her and then she told her husband about it.”
“Say it like that from the beginning, the thing is that the mother or father could have put this up for some reason too. You have to think about all the possibilities. Now, if the girl was going home from the park, she must have walked along the street, right?”
“Well yes, where else?”
“Well, when I was kid I wasn't walking on the street all the way home. I liked to play around on my own and I never came home in time if it wasn't necessary.”
“But she might have been a good girl?”
“Let me check out the park and the area she got kidnapped at. You can continue your discussions.”

 

The police officers nodded as Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and pulled him with him. He doesn't dare to let Baekhyun walk around on his own at the moment. They walked over to the park as Chanyeol's eyes begun to search for clues.

 

“Like they haven't taken a look around already...”
“I know, but it's better if we try to understand what happened here with our own eyes. Hey, do me a favor. Go over to the playgroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter