The Book Chamber

The Charmed One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun pulled the doors handle and tried to pull the door open, but good it was more heavy than he thought. Baekhyun laid the flashlight on the floor and pointed it at the door so he still could see. He walked over to the handle again and used his both hands to pull the door, and this time it moved.

 

Baekhyun pulled the door until it was half wide open, but the gap was big enough for Baekhyun to go throw. Baekhyun grabbed his flashlight and walked back to the door, he looked careful in and pointed the flashlight in to the room. Baekhyun took a careful step in and used the flashlight to look around, he hasn't seen anything like this before.

 

Baekhyun had found a room filled with books and bookcases. Baekhyun walked further in to the room and stared curious at the bookshelf in front of him. Then he saw something else, something much more interesting. It was a tree stand in the middle of the room with a book on top of it, it must be the oldest or the most important book, or that is what Baekhyun assume.

 

Baekhyun walked over to it and took a deep breathe before he blow away as much of the dust he could, then he used his right hand to dust of the book totally. Now he could see the title of the book, but he didn't understand it. It was on another language and it had weird symbols in the middle of the words.

 

 

“What is this for book?”

 

 

Baekhyun slowly opened the book and tried to read the pages, but they were also on some kind of old language he didn't understand. Baekhyun noticed that the pages was very old, but still very fresh. It means that someone must have made sure that the book wasn't getting damaged by insects or bacterias.

 

 

“I wonder what will happened if I take it with me? No, I should leave it here.”

 

 

Baekhyun closed the book and begun to look around again, curious about what kind of room this really was. Then he saw another tree stand with a book on it, as the curious boy he is he walked over to it and blow dust of the book like he did with the first one. Baekhyun got shocked when he could read the title this time.

 

 

“The Book Of Charm.”

 

 

Baekhyun chuckle a little, did they mean like a spell or did they mean like charming? Baekhyun opened the book and scrolled throw it carefully, he noticed that this book's pages wasn't as old as the first one. Baekhyun stopped at a page and cleared his throat before reading.

 

 

“Old as new, I never got you. Tell me again, what happened my friend? I want to know, I want see, what happened to the real me?”

 

 

Baekhyun blinked at the words, what is that supposed to mean? Baekhyun looked up and chuckle, was it really a mirror at that wall before? Baekhyun walked over to take a closer look, he saw himself in the mirror, but something wasn't right. Baekhyun walked closer to see what was wrong.

 

 

Baekhyun stared in to the mirror for a while, until he saw it, his eyes wasn't dark brown like they should be, they were dazzling with color and then they went from colorful to pitch black. Baekhyun took a step back as he heard voices around him, the room was echoing by the voices.

 

 

“You're dark, like always. But still, you're do get lighter.”
“You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened with your grandparents, it was their fate and you know it.”
“And why hesitate over Chanyeol, isn't he what you want?”
“W-Who's there?!”

 

 

Baekhyun screamed out as he tried to see who they were, but the voices suddenly disappeared. Baekhyun turned around to see the mirror again, but it was gone. Had he gone mad while he were walking down here? Baekhyun walked back to the book and stared a little at it before he made up his mind, he was going to try something else from the same page.

 

 

“The past and future melt together, as the sun and moon on the sky. Tell me what I really want to know, show me my truth from my heart.”

 

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, this doesn't even rim. Baekhyun looked up and jumped, the mirror is back. Baekhyun looked around a little while walking over to the mirror, is this some kind of joke or what? Baekhyun stared in to the mirror and took a deep breathe, he could see himself like in a normal mirror. Baekhyun breathed out when he noticed that nothing was happening.

 

 

“Like I thought...”
“Take a closer look Baekhyun.”

 

 

Baekhyun jumped by the voice, he looked around and used the flashlight to find whoever was talking to him, but the room was empty. Baekhyun turned to the mirror again and tried to look closer at it. Baekhyun got stuck in it, like hypnotized, he didn't know why thought. Then it was like his whole surrounding disappeared and he was suddenly standing in his house in the middle of the living room.

 

Baekhyun gasped as he turned around to scream after Bacon, but his voice was gone. Baekhyun looked down on his hand and noticed something, he looked cleared out. Like a ghost, yeah like a ghost! Baekhyun looked up when he heard some old voices and his heart stopped as he stared right up at the two persons he miss the most, his grandparents.

 

Baekhyun tried to call their names, but he just couldn't, instead he had to listen on what they were talking about. He walked over to them and tried to touch his grandmothers hand, but it just went through him. Baekhyun was like a ghost, had he died? No, his grandparents are alive, something is wrong. Is this some kind of memory?

 

 

“We have to tell him before we get to old.”
“I know sweet heart, but how are we supposed to tell him, he's still so young.”
“I know, but we don't have much time left either.”

 

 

Baekhyun stared at his grandparents, were they talking about him? They got up and begun to walk towards the stairs, Baekhyun followed them and took a quick glance on the clock on the wall, it's 10 pm. Baekhyun froze a little and got an idea. He ran out to the kitchen and looked at the calender, it was the 21 august, the day Baekhyun found his grandparents dead.

 

Baekhyun run up for the stairs, trying to call their names, but not a single sound was made from him. Baekhyun ran into their bedroom and watched how they were sleeping peacefully, he knew what was coming soon, a burglar or a murderer would come and...

 

Baekhyun watched a shadow in the room sneak closer to the bed, Baekhyun tried to scream but they didn't hear him, it was only Baekhyun who could hear himself. The shadow walked over to them both and Baekhyun watched it stab them both several times before the blood was everywhere in the room.

 

Baekhyun screamed, he couldn't take it, he just couldn't. The shadow turned to the direction Baekhyun were standing and it was like it saw him. Baekhyun watched how it smirked and walked closer to him, making Baekhyun stumble backwards. Baekhyun now saw that the shadow was a man with dark eyes and he could hear someone inside his head whisper to him: “He's the murderer, he's the demon who killed your grandparents...”

 

 

“You're next boy, I will find you like I found your grandparents. And will I find you, I'm going to make you feel pain before I cut your throat!”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter